or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What will you shoot tomorrow?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What will you shoot tomorrow? - Page 4

post #55 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

I plan to play 9 holes at altadena. Hope for 44 or better?

Prediction for Saturday 88: 70.6:122----> actual: 89
Prediction for Sunday 44: 69.5/118 (if played twice)----> actual: 46

Feel more solid with irons, need to work on woods and hybrids, now.
post #56 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
 

I have two rounds of golf at my home course this weekend.   I will break 90 from white or blue tee at least once this weekend.  Although playing from white tee should be much easier, I have been posting similar scores from either tee. 

 

94 from blue tee, and 102 from white tee (No typo.   I played a lot worse from white tee today).   I was 5 shots away from meeting my prediction.  

post #57 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post

94 from blue tee, and 102 from white tee (No typo...

Did you over hit some greens?
post #58 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


Did you over hit some greens?

 

On the contrary.   Wind was blowing strong (for the 1st time I played this course - over 10+ rounds) and I was hitting into it.  I should have clubbed 1 - 2 clubs long.  Number of my shots were way short.  Cross wind also blew couple of my shots into rough, sand, and one into water.    I am not experienced enough to adjust my playing on the fly.   And before I figured it out, I was at 18th hole.  :8)

 

[ On 1 hole, wind actually moved my ball on green.  There times I was about to address it, and three times it moved 1/4 to 1/2 inch.   I am glad I didn't ground my putter each time.  Otherwise, I'd scored a 10 on that hole  :-O.   ]
 

post #59 of 154
Thread Starter 

Taking 1/2 day off from work to play golf now.    I hope to break 90 from either tee, whichever I chose to play.   But I will play safe and predict a 92, 32 putts or better, better than 50% FHs, at least 5 pars, at most 5 big numbers (doubles or worse), no OB, and a barrel of fun while doing it.   Geronimo!

post #60 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
 

Taking 1/2 day off from work to play golf now.    I hope to break 90 from either tee, whichever I chose to play.   But I will play safe and predict a 92, 32 putts or better, better than 50% FHs, at least 5 pars, at most 5 big numbers (doubles or worse), no OB, and a barrel of fun while doing it.   Geronimo!


Good luck, may the force (wind) be with you, every hole.:-)

post #61 of 154
I'll shoot 76, despite hardly playing at all in the last two months. Finished all my midterms (stress free), it's a nice warm day tomorrow, and I'm the mood for some golf.
post #62 of 154
We're suppose to get a warmer day tomorrow so taking a 1/2 day and going back to the home course. Last time out shot an abysmal 100 so looking to get it back to the mid 90s...may the golf gods be with me!
post #63 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
 

Taking 1/2 day off from work to play golf now.    I hope to break 90 from either tee, whichever I chose to play.   But I will play safe and predict a 92, 32 putts or better, better than 50% FHs, at least 5 pars, at most 5 big numbers (doubles or worse), no OB, and a barrel of fun while doing it.   Geronimo!

 

No wind today, Lihu, and my score went down accordingly :-P.

 

predict a 92 <-- did 94 from blue tee (93 with ESC).   I was two shots off.  Not bad.

32 putts  or better <-- came exactly at 32 putts which is my average.  Made most knee knockers and had one hole out.  Not bad.

better than 50% FHs <-- 7/14 FHs and came in at 50%.  Not bad.  One shot hit a tree and came back into fairway :-D.

at least 5 pars <-- 8 pars and I could not break 90, see below.

at most 5 big numbers <-- 8 big numbers, ouch!

no OB <-- 2 OBs, more ouch!

 

6 chiropractic sessions later, I declare my slump is history.   It's time to lower my handicap back to where it should be, around 13 - 15.

post #64 of 154

Where I am in FL, tomorrow is the last day of the cheap offseason rates.  So I have to make sure I get out and take advantage.  One last day of cheap cart rates.  After tomorrow, I'll be mostly walking at the local county course. 

post #65 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
 

Where I am in FL, tomorrow is the last day of the cheap offseason rates.  So I have to make sure I get out and take advantage.  One last day of cheap cart rates.  After tomorrow, I'll be mostly walking at the local county course. 

 

Walking is not so bad.  It's a good exercise to lumber 20 pounds of golf equipment for 4+ hours up and down the hill.   My blood pressure is always back to normal after walking a round.  My knee joint hurts but, hey, you can't have everything.

 

this Saturday - finally break 90 on the current course from either tee.

this Sunday - 88 and celebrate.

post #66 of 154

Playing in a shamble so I will probably shoot a pretty good score, since my driver is my biggest enemy right now.

post #67 of 154

If there is no wind I'm shooting for 79, 40 on the front and 39 on the back. That gives me 4 strokes a side to play with. I've been playing my former home course on the weekends and it's pretty easy 69.3/119 6400 yds. My goal is to break 80 every time I am there. When I don't it's just one or two silly mistakes that pushes me just over.

post #68 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

Playing in a shamble so I will probably shoot a pretty good score, since my driver is my biggest enemy right now.

 

I actually drove it very well, but two of the guys in my group can hit it regularly over 275, and straight.

 

As predicted, when I can use some big bombers' drives, I can score pretty well. 75. We used my drive four times, twice on par 3's, where I stiffed the tee shots and made birdie on both.

post #69 of 154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

 

I actually drove it very well, but two of the guys in my group can hit it regularly over 275, and straight.

 

As predicted, when I can use some big bombers' drives, I can score pretty well. 75. We used my drive four times, twice on par 3's, where I stiffed the tee shots and made birdie on both.

 

That's awesome!  I had a birdie on a par 3 myself today.  But I crashed and burned on back 9 for 101.  Too many OBs.

post #70 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

If there is no wind I'm shooting for 79, 40 on the front and 39 on the back. That gives me 4 strokes a side to play with. I've been playing my former home course on the weekends and it's pretty easy 69.3/119 6400 yds. My goal is to break 80 every time I am there. When I don't it's just one or two silly mistakes that pushes me just over.

Jinx. Sure enough i blew up two holes to finish 81. Two bad shots kept me from what could have been my low round of the year.
post #71 of 154

Heading out for what's probably going to be the last round of the season. Playing 27 holes with my two brother-in-laws. I have a 9 hole round of 42 kicking around waiting for another nine so I can post it to handicap. Gonna be a good day, icy cold but sunny.

post #72 of 154
Thread Starter 

My last prediction was a major flop.  Instead of breaking 90, I broke 100 the wrong way on both rounds.   My swing form broke down again which I hopefully corrected it yesterday at range. I found I was not completing my back swing.  With the adjustment, I am sure I can average 92 on upcoming weekend rounds. 

 

Saturday round + Sunday round

---------------------------------------------- = 92.    That's what I will shoot. 

                       2

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › What will you shoot tomorrow?