or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Chipping and pitching help..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chipping and pitching help..

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
Ok.. Let's try this again internet world.. Filmed my pitching and chipping

Chime in and maybe we can learn together,,,all threads are about the swing.,like to change up and talk short game..I'm using opposing forces Hand pressures



Just be honest,.and let's have somes. Funs. I play inside my right shoulder not out
post #2 of 14
What are we supposed to be learning from videos of you pitching, putting, or whatever?

If you're trying to impart some wisdom, please do. If you're looking for help, please ask. But I'm not finding a whole lot of value just watching you (or anyone else) chip or putt without any context......
post #3 of 14
Agreed
post #4 of 14
Thread Starter 
Advice ..and I will do the same. Post all of your chips and pitches on here... Thought it would be fun for a newer member like me
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by c peterich View Post

Advice ..and I will do the same. Post all of your chips and pitches on here... Thought it would be fun for a newer member like me

What is it about your chipping that you struggle with? I'm sure some of the expert instructors on the site will be happy to weigh in if you can provide some specifics. You might also want to use the site search feature. You'll find a lot of good material there, for whatever ails your game.....
post #6 of 14

You're not going to get any advice from a video set up for a TV style shot showing the the flag and green and with you hitting the same chip over and over again.  Give us a face on view with one swing each of the different typical green side shots you cycle through in the long version.  On chip, one stock pitch, one high-pitch/flop, whatever.

post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by c peterich View Post

Advice ..and I will do the same. Post all of your chips and pitches on here... Thought it would be fun for a newer member like me

I'd use a little more hip going back. They look still, and then go forward. A little too armsy for my tastes...

post #8 of 14

I have a question. What is the purpose for the double speed practice swing? I noticed you did that in the putting video too but only before the first strike then you just roll with it. Is that something you do during rounds. It seems to work for you all those chips were pretty close.

post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

I have a question. What is the purpose for the double speed practice swing? I noticed you did that in the putting video too but only before the first strike then you just roll with it. Is that something you do during rounds. It seems to work for you all those chips were pretty close.

I have no reason why I do that.. Reflex or something.. I was so nervous doing this on camera...never film this.. Short on time.. Just chipped pitched putted and left. I just try not to flip.. Open face.. Square to square my thing
post #10 of 14
Thread Starter 
Good tips guys.. Someone recommended Dan Whittaker? Or a program called abs ? And send small clip of pitches for review for an online lesson. Hard to explain what I do , as my main goal is to get as close to the hole as I can.. I treat chips and pitches as putts and roll the ball a lot with little to no spin. I still have ping eye 2 wedges that I use.. So I'm sure the grooves are shot..
post #11 of 14

I just saw a great chiping and pitching tips program with Paul Azinger and Brandel CHamblee. Azinger seems to be a strong proponent of using the pitch shot when possible. P&C has been the weekest part of my game. I really liked what Azinger was saying and can not wait to go out and try his tips when the weather allows. He is a proponent of finding and then using the bounce of the club in order to properly pitch correctly. They were not too specific as to what club choice a player should use. It looked to me that Azinger was using a 56 or 60 degree wedge. What would you folks suggest as a starter club for properly pitching?

post #12 of 14

What i think is most important with chips and pitches and i see loads off amateurs play this way,

they kind off always hit high chips and pitches, i think i can control the roll off the ball better than the flight.

so i try to use the bump and run as much as possible simply because there is much less room for error shots.

if i hit a chip with my lob wedge and i hit it slightly thin, i will find my ball 10-20 yards past the hole, if i do the same with a 

7 iron and hit the same contact my ball will be past the hole but 5 yards at most.

post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvk77 View Post
 

What i think is most important with chips and pitches and i see loads off amateurs play this way,

they kind off always hit high chips and pitches, i think i can control the roll off the ball better than the flight.

so i try to use the bump and run as much as possible simply because there is much less room for error shots.

if i hit a chip with my lob wedge and i hit it slightly thin, i will find my ball 10-20 yards past the hole, if i do the same with a 

7 iron and hit the same contact my ball will be past the hole but 5 yards at most.

I agree with your technique and always try to use the bump and run as well. That is great when you are just off the green  with no rough or hazards in front of you. If you have to carry the ball any distance then the bump and run gets problematic. Azinger was referring to using the Bounce on the club to get the ball up in the air to carry the rough or hazard and then release onto the green. To me it looked similar to making a sand trap shot by hitting just behind the ball on the ground with the bounce. But maybe I misunderstood him.

post #14 of 14

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Chipping and pitching help..