or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Photo: Al Badia Golf Club clubhouse
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photo: Al Badia Golf Club clubhouse

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 

Looks more like a concert hall or a museum. Website is pretty nifty: http://www.albadiagolfclub.ae/index.php

Always nice to have lots of money, huh? :roll:

 

The building was designed to be inviting and informal with a festive atmosphere supporting the overall theme of “celebrating life’s possibilities.” Abstracted forms of the desert were incorporated with visual references to the swirling Dubai Festival City logo, which emulates the swirl of a golfer’s swing. Golden sweeping roofs, blue glass, and stainless steel contribute to the dynamic contemporary design, along with water features, and vast wooden works of art in the central atrium. Elevated public areas and extensive high-tech indoor and outdoor function spaces provide sweeping panoramic views to downtown Dubai and the surrounding golf course.

 

http://www.watg.com/index.cfm/page/al-badia-golf-club-intercontinental-dubai-festival-city

 

 

 

 

post #2 of 31

Nice. They have far too much money - looks like a municipal concert hall or museum of modern art.

 

Edit (Whoops... just read your comments ... that's funny)

post #3 of 31

 

Abu Dhabi Golf Club  U.A.E.

 

 

I think it takes the cake as the coolest clubhouse I've ever seen.

post #4 of 31
I prefer something a little more rustic, those are the farthest thing from "inviting". They look cold and uninviting IMO.
post #5 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I prefer something a little more rustic, those are the farthest thing from "inviting". They look cold and uninviting IMO.

 

Is Doha Golf Club more to your liking? Trust me they will "invite" you in as the hospitality in the Middle East is some of the finest on Earth and they love their golf.  There's nothing "cold" about any of them trust me.

post #6 of 31

It is a different culture ... I enjoy the differences even if the architecture is not my cup of tea for a "clubhouse."

post #7 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty to Lefty View Post




Is Doha Golf Club more to your liking? Trust me they will "invite" you in as the hospitality in the Middle East is some of the finest on Earth and they love their golf.  There's nothing "cold" about any of them trust me.
I wasn't implying that the people were cold, just that the architecture is a "little" over the top and I don't find it inviting. I agree with Mr. D's comment.
post #8 of 31
Thread Starter 

The Abu Dhabi clubhouse looks utilitarian. Almost from communist regime looking. There are only angles, no curves.

 

Here's rustic and utilitarian.

 

 

Best, hey, I can double as an airport control tower.

 

 

I like this one.

 

post #9 of 31

I like this one.

post #10 of 31

I like it all, to me it is about the experience of seeing and playing different places.

Don't think it will be on my bucket list unless I won the loto, but would not turn down a chance to see and play there.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

post #11 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

The Abu Dhabi clubhouse looks utilitarian. Almost from communist regime looking. There are only angles, no curves.

But that will come in handy if it ever gets in a dogfight, because it has stealth capabilities.

 

I don't know ... when I see stuff like this I always think of a comment one of my bosses made in regards to the new (several years ago now), brightly colored VW beetles.  He said something like "I'd never own one, but I like seeing them on the road because it adds variety."  I have a silver Altima and a Black SUV ... if everybody had the same taste as me, how boring would that be?

 

So for these clubhouses, while I certainly wouldn't choose these gaudy styles if I was building a course, I think they are pretty cool in their own right.  Besides, in the UAE, it's go big or go home, right?

 

--------------------------------------

 

It's not a golf clubhouse, but I feel like I should "brag" a little here because my own (backwards hick) hometown of Fresno, CA built this for their city hall 20 YEARS AGO:

post #12 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

 

It's not a golf clubhouse, but I feel like I should "brag" a little here because my own (backwards hick) hometown of Fresno, CA built this for their city hall 20 YEARS AGO:

You know that Fresno was originally settled by Romulans right?

post #13 of 31

@Ernest Jones ,

 

How about this one?

 

post #14 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

You know that Fresno was originally settled by Romulans right?

That sound about right.

post #15 of 31

Cal Club in San Francisco.  

 

 

 

Cypress Point

 

 

 

Pine Valley

 

 

 

 

Oak Hill

 

 

post #16 of 31
Thread Starter 

Have you played Cal Club mvmac? One day, somehow, I will try and play all the SF privates.

 

 

 

post #17 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Have you played Cal Club mvmac? One day, somehow, I will try and play all the SF privates.

 

 

@nevets88 Take me with you....

 

I have been trying to get on Cal Club for some time now. The guy I know threw is back out and has not been playing golf for over a year now. So I am stuck waiting.

post #18 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Have you played Cal Club mvmac? One day, somehow, I will try and play all the SF privates.

 

Yeah grew up playing there, my Dad was a member for 25 years.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchepp View Post
 

@nevets88 Take me with you....

 

I have been trying to get on Cal Club for some time now. The guy I know threw is back out and has not been playing golf for over a year now. So I am stuck waiting.

 

Next time I'm in the area I'll see if we can get a foursome together, still know a lot of the guys there.  I'm a popular guest in the Member-Guest tournaments ;-) 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Photo: Al Badia Golf Club clubhouse