or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek

TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek - Page 2

post #19 of 383
My vote goes to a pre 12/19/13 Date so I could in for the fun!

If not I'd still be happy to play a round with some of u guys. Want to knock some courses of my bucket list while I'm still in the area! Any body up for a twilight at pelican hill ?;)
I also want to play cross creek in Temecula, GC of California (in fallbrooks I believe?) and I'd love to play crossings- mike what do you think about playing there some time?

Roman
post #20 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanHamburg View Post

My vote goes to a pre 12/19/13 Date so I could in for the fun!

If not I'd still be happy to play a round with some of u guys. Want to knock some courses of my bucket list while I'm still in the area! Any body up for a twilight at pelican hill ?;)
I also want to play cross creek in Temecula, GC of California (in fallbrooks I believe?) and I'd love to play crossings- mike what do you think about playing there some time?

Roman

Sounds really good. My son and I might be up for something. Pelican hill is a little $$$?
post #21 of 383
Sounds great, I'd love to play with both of you again!

Pelican hill is really high dollar! I think it is 150$ for twilight... But I've heard it is a really great course.
Other courses I want to play are cross creek, red hawk, GC of California and crossings maybe we can work something out for one of those! The first two are in temecula, that should be close to half way for us.
post #22 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post
 

Let's get this thread started.

 

C'mon @mvmac @Golfingdad @Beachcomber @Pakoh @tristanhilton85 @iacas @bplewis24

 

Thanks for tagging me.  I'll have to update my notification settings or something, because I wasn't aware of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

 

The Crossings ... http://www.thecrossingsatcarlsbad.com/carlsbad.asp?id=182&page=3854

 

A part of me wouldn't mind playing here and stopping by the corporate office of my soon-to-be-ex-employer on the Friday before.

 

Yup, got a great new job offer.  Thursday is my last day.  Can't wait to leave.  Although I must say, the future of the company here looks a lot better, as the CFO fired the GM here the day after I put in my notice.

post #23 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

 

A part of me wouldn't mind playing here and stopping by the corporate office of my soon-to-be-ex-employer on the Friday before.

 

Yup, got a great new job offer.  Thursday is my last day.  Can't wait to leave.  Although I must say, the future of the company here looks a lot better, as the CFO fired the GM here the day after I put in my notice.

I'd be up for that.  Once we lock down a date, (assuming it's a weekend I'm available) then I'll put in for that Friday off.

 

So have we narrowed down some dates yet?  I have one weekend in January where I know I'll be busy, I just don't remember which one it is yet.  I think it's the 18-19, but it could be 11-12.  The rest of my January/February, at least for now, is open.

 

February 2 is the Super Bowl, FYI.

post #24 of 383

I'd probably be out if it was on the 12th… any other weekend and I should be good. I know that 

 

Does that sound good to everybody?

post #25 of 383

Any of those dates work for me, would prefer Jan 11th

post #26 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Any of those dates work for me, would prefer Jan 11th

I have a show I'm going to in town here the night of the 11th… no way I'd be able to make it if we did our event that day. That's why I don't want to do it on the 12th because I'll be out late the night before and these things usually require me to drive (unless you guys want to have it out here).

post #27 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

I have a show I'm going to in town here the night of the 11th… no way I'd be able to make it if we did our event that day. That's why I don't want to do it on the 12th because I'll be out late the night before and these things usually require me to drive (unless you guys want to have it out here).

 

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though.

 

Redlands would be--

110 miles from me.

70 miles from HB.

110 miles from SD.

100 miles from Thousand Oaks.

 

So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

post #28 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post
 

 

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though.

 

Redlands would be--

110 miles from me.

70 miles from HB.

110 miles from SD.

100 miles from Thousand Oaks.

 

So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

Yeah… we did one of our outings in that area (Tukwet Canyon) and it was pretty good. The one right across the freeway, Oak Valley, is a better course in my opinion although they really never got back to us last time. We could try them again though. I played Eagle Glen in Corona yesterday and really liked that course; it could also be a good spot for us. I know Goose Creek is in the same area and there are a few guys here that really like that one as well.

post #29 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

I'd be in favor of somewhere on the I-10 corridor between Redlands and Palm.  I'm sure there are tons of course options, and shouldn't be more than a 30 minute drive for you.  That would run a risk of potentially 40 degree weather with 25MPH winds, though.

Redlands would be--
110 miles from me.
70 miles from HB.
110 miles from SD.
100 miles from Thousand Oaks.

So everyone pretty much could get to the course in less than two hours.

Agree. Yucaipa?
http://www.yucaipavalleygolf.com/index.php
post #30 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

Yeah… we did one of our outings in that area (Tukwet Canyon) and it was pretty good. The one right across the freeway, Oak Valley, is a better course in my opinion although they really never got back to us last time. We could try them again though. I played Eagle Glen in Corona yesterday and really liked that course; it could also be a good spot for us. I know Goose Creek is in the same area and there are a few guys here that really like that one as well.

These also sound really nice. So, is the 12th okay for you?
post #31 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post


These also sound really nice. So, is the 12th okay for you?

I'd prefer that we don't do this on the 12th, but if it's a course that isn't too far from me (such as one in Beaumont area, 45-50 minutes) then I can make it work. However, too much further than that and I'd really have to think about it. I'll be out late on the 11th and really don't want to get up super early to drive 2 or more hours. That being said, if a course out there on 12th works out best for everybody then I just might have to miss it.

 

However, I know that @Golfingdad said that he is busy for sure one weekend in January but was unsure if it was the 11th/12th or 18th/19th. Since nobody has said any other weekends are bad for them I'd like to see this happen either the first or the last weekend in January.

post #32 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

However, I know that @Golfingdad said that he is busy for sure one weekend in January but was unsure if it was the 11th/12th or 18th/19th. Since nobody has said any other weekends are bad for them I'd like to see this happen either the first or the last weekend in January.

 

While I am not against going on MLK weekend, I suspect the courses will be packed with impatient golfers.

post #33 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

While I am not against going on MLK weekend, I suspect the courses will be packed with impatient golfers.

Right. But since I'd have trouble with the 11th/12th and Drew will have trouble with either that weekend or the 18th/19th, why don't we forget about those two weekends altogether. Let's focus on either the first (4th/5th) or last (25th/26th).

post #34 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

Right. But since I'd have trouble with the 11th/12th and Drew will have trouble with either that weekend or the 18th/19th, why don't we forget about those two weekends altogether. Let's focus on either the first (4th/5th) or last (25th/26th).

 

I like the 4th/5th.  I'll be at the PGA Show on the 25/26.

post #35 of 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

I like the 4th/5th.  I'll be at the PGA Show on the 25/26.

Works for me. Unless there are any objections from anybody, I'd say the 4th/5th is our weekend.

post #36 of 383
Thread Starter 
Agreed!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Winter Outing - Feb. 16, 2014 @ Goose Creek