or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM - Page 4

post #55 of 135
post #56 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russtopher View Post

The way I look at it, and maybe I'm wrong, these incredibly short cycles of TM's just mean that the slightly older models are going to drop down in price in another month, so when I go shopping flush with Christmas cash I'll have more options at a lower cost :)
More options at a lower cost! My point exactly!
And this is why they're a market leader!
I'll say it again... You can't knock someone for being good at what they do! The clubs I bought this yr will last me 5 yrs! By then the future TM mega whacker holy shit stick will be available for half the price and be at least 40 yards longer than my current stick! I can hardly wait haha!
post #57 of 135

I prefer the way the other companies do it, actually spend valuable time researching improvements. It almost seems like Taylormade is searching for the next gimmick again to recreate the white driver head. Lets throw tons of money out there and see what sticks.

post #58 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I prefer the way the other companies do it, actually spend valuable time researching improvements. It almost seems like Taylormade is searching for the next gimmick again to recreate the white driver head. Lets throw tons of money out there and see what sticks. 
 

Ping comes to mind here.

Sorry tried to qoute the last post not sure what happened.
post #59 of 135
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

I prefer the way the other companies do it, actually spend valuable time researching improvements. It almost seems like Taylormade is searching for the next gimmick again to recreate the white driver head. Lets throw tons of money out there and see what sticks. 

 

Ping comes to mind here.

 

Titleist and Mizuno as well, though Mizuno has a larger variety of irons than Titleist or Ping. 

post #60 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post

 

Titleist and Mizuno as well, though Mizuno has a larger variety of irons than Titleist or Ping. 

 



Very True
post #61 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMPIRE View Post
 

 

I'm still having trouble believing that they'll actually release this. Not that I think it's a bad driver or anything, but the frequency at which they release new woods is ridiculous. 

You clearly dont know TM very well.  They will release this because thats what they do.  Typically they release a new driver every 6 months.  TM is constantly in search of the next gimmick to fool peopl into spending money on new clubs.

Its one of the reasons why I refuse to buy anything TM, no matter how good it may be.

post #62 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post
 

You clearly dont know TM very well.  They will release this because thats what they do.  Typically they release a new driver every 6 months.  TM is constantly in search of the next gimmick to fool peopl into spending money on new clubs.

Its one of the reasons why I refuse to buy anything TM, no matter how good it may be.

Well that just doesn't make any sense at all. ;)

 

If it's really, really good, then they aren't actually fooling anybody into spending money on a gimmick, now are they??

post #63 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer View Post
 

You clearly dont know TM very well.  They will release this because thats what they do.  Typically they release a new driver every 6 months.  TM is constantly in search of the next gimmick to fool peopl into spending money on new clubs.

Its one of the reasons why I refuse to buy anything TM, no matter how good it may be.

 

Well it's called marketing, I think "fooling" is a bit strong, it's not like the clubs aren't playable.  TM is #1 and the frequency that they release clubs seems to work, they wouldn't keep doing it if they were losing money.  They usually release one flagship driver a year per price point.  I agree this year had been ridiculous especially with the move back to black.

post #64 of 135
I'm still happy with my R9 460cc. Hit it better than any of Taylormade's current offerings. I only lose about 5 yards and hit it much more consistently.
post #65 of 135

At the rate TM is putting out new stuff any one that waits for last years models to be on sale, now only has to wait a couple months! :beer:

post #66 of 135

Almost like Microsoft.

post #67 of 135

Call me shallow but I refuse to even try a TM club because of their marketing department lies... er... facts and the fact that so many players around my area buy the latest and greatest every 6 months for the "fashion" of having the latest club rather than it actually helping their game.

The biggest worry I have though is that they clearly release excellent clubs (otherwise tour players wouldn't use them as much as they do!) and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I actually liked the club enough to want to help stuff their coffers by buying it. lol
 

post #68 of 135

I have yet to find something recent that is as long as my XHot...that being said, they are ugly as sin....can't stand that grey top.  I do like the look of the SLDR and the JetSpeed, however, the SLDR wasn't as long as the XHot under testing...I got to try the new Jetspeed vs. Xhot2.

post #69 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon View Post
 

Call me shallow but I refuse to even try a TM club because of their marketing department lies... er... facts and the fact that so many players around my area buy the latest and greatest every 6 months for the "fashion" of having the latest club rather than it actually helping their game.

The biggest worry I have though is that they clearly release excellent clubs (otherwise tour players wouldn't use them as much as they do!) and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I actually liked the club enough to want to help stuff their coffers by buying it. lol
 

I've tried them, but didn't like any of them enough to replace anything in my bag.  The club I like best from them is the one they market the least, the Daddy Long Legs.

post #70 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Well it's called marketing, I think "fooling" is a bit strong, it's not like the clubs aren't playable.  TM is #1 and the frequency that they release clubs seems to work, they wouldn't keep doing it if they were losing money.  They usually release one flagship driver a year per price point.  I agree this year had been ridiculous especially with the move back to black.


+1

 

It is very simple recipe:

 

1-  If TM (or any other OEM) is successful in removing your hard earned $$$ from your pocket every 6 months, then they win.

 

2-  Repeat.

 

 

post #71 of 135
Is the daddy long legs that ridiculous looking putter
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I've tried them, but didn't like any of them enough to replace anything in my bag.  The club I like best from them is the one they market the least, the Daddy Long Legs.
My friend has one, he loves it! But my god it's ugly!
post #72 of 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Hansen View Post
 

I have yet to find something recent that is as long as my XHot...that being said, they are ugly as sin....can't stand that grey top.  I do like the look of the SLDR and the JetSpeed, however, the SLDR wasn't as long as the XHot under testing...I got to try the new Jetspeed vs. Xhot2.

To each his own, I suppose ... the matte grey finish is one of the things I love about my xhot. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TaylorMade JetSpeed - And yet another line of woods for TM