or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I am thirteen, is it normal to drive the ball 300+ yards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am thirteen, is it normal to drive the ball 300+ yards

post #1 of 73
Thread Starter 

i am thirteen, and i am driving the ball 300+ yards, but i do not even play golf, and im alright at chipping and every thing, do you think i should consider playing golf? :blink:

post #2 of 73

Please a video of  your swing or trackman numbers and I'm sure you'll get some quality answers.  Otherwise, most likely nobody is going to believe you and assume this is a troll.

post #3 of 73

Thought I was on the WRX forums for a second.:roll:

post #4 of 73

Yes, it is a bit on the high side :-).

 

But you probably don't need anyone on the internet to tell you that, is your drive straight?

 

You out-drive the three longest hitters 15 and under that I know by more than 20 yards.

 

The 15 year old (soon 16) - 280 yards (2 or less handicap)

The 14 year old (soon 15)- 270 yards (3 handicap)

My son (your age)- 260 yards (potential for better than 10 handicap)

 

What state do you live in?

post #5 of 73

To the OP I'd say that hitting it 300+ yards is pretty normal on internet sites. You really won't raise any eyebrows until you get into the 350-400+ yard range. Of course, that shouldn't be a problem when you hit 14 or 15.

post #6 of 73

On an airport runway.

post #7 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 

To the OP I'd say that hitting it 300+ yards is pretty normal on internet sites. You really won't raise any eyebrows until you get into the 350-400+ yard range. Of course, that shouldn't be a problem when you hit 14 or 15.

 

Excellent post!  

post #8 of 73

I think you may want to quit school and go to Qschool instead, this board is just unbelievable a times.:smartass:

post #9 of 73
By nature of you hitting it 300yds and being good at chipping, I'm afraid to say that you DO play golf. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!
post #10 of 73

I would think 300 yards is pretty short on Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2013. 

You on Xbox or Playstation?

post #11 of 73
You most certainly are not normal, you are either a freak, or a troll! But don't let it get you down! There are others just like you!
post #12 of 73

God not another 300 yards drive thread. 

post #13 of 73
It's not normal. Go back and keep practicing until you're hitting it 230-250 yards and you'll be all set.
post #14 of 73

It's not normal, but you can't teach speed to a certain extent.  Well, a proper swing will give you more speed, but there's just so much great mechanics can do.

 

I don't know if it's as much about age as physique - my son was 5'9" and 140 lbs as a junior in high school and could put it out there a long way.

 

Now find a good instructor and see if you can gain more speed with better mechanics.

 

Good luck.

post #15 of 73

Nope. But it is normal to exaggerate wildly on the internet. At least it's a mild delusion - I'm sure this sort of thing can be helped before it's too late. Good luck.

post #16 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

It's not normal, but you can't teach speed to a certain extent.  Well, a proper swing will give you more speed, but there's just so much great mechanics can do.

 

I don't know if it's as much about age as physique - my son was 5'9" and 140 lbs as a junior in high school and could put it out there a long way.

 

Now find a good instructor and see if you can gain more speed with better mechanics.

 

Good luck.


Mr. Desmond taking the high road again. Assuming the best about the OP. Bless your heart.

post #17 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 


Mr. Desmond taking the high road again. Assuming the best about the OP. Bless your heart.

I mean, what can you do?

 

It's the internet ... and I'm French ... not.  :-D

post #18 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
 

i am thirteen, and i am driving the ball 300+ yards, but i do not even play golf, and im alright at chipping and every thing, do you think i should consider playing golf? :blink:


Don't feel bad, that's not bad for a 6 iron and once you grow into your adult body, you'll be hitting 8i that far like the other teenagers posting here after their first time on the range.

 

At that time, you want to buy these things called "fairway woods" and a "driver".  This will get your hits to a more respectable distance suitable for internet discussions.

 

Keep working, exercise and eat right.  You'll get there.

 

In the meantime, stick to the senior and ladies' tee box, don't slow down the pace of play at this time until you get some length.  You might also consider bowling.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › I am thirteen, is it normal to drive the ball 300+ yards