or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score - Page 10

post #163 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post
 

Hopefully this offer stands in June!  I am completely tapped this month budget wise (bought a laser rangefinder :))

 

They won't be signed, but current plans are to sell them on Amazon Prime for $20.

post #164 of 608

Oh perfect!  Can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

 

Are you still thinking early June for a release date?

post #165 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post

Oh perfect!  Can't wait to get my hands on a copy :)

Are you still thinking early June for a release date?

Yes. Our estimate in November was May, and the recent adjustment to mid June was just made a day or two ago.

Book is 225 pages, give or take 10 depending on editing.
post #166 of 608
Thanks man. I'll be ordering on release day!
post #167 of 608
I too want to order one of these books through PayPal. What is the current price?
post #168 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post

I too want to order one of these books through PayPal. What is the current price?

$20 or $40. Paperback and hardcover. I'll be able to confirm receipt on Monday.
post #169 of 608

Here's your update.

 

@mvmac can confirm that the book is in the final stages of editing.

 

:)

post #170 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Here's your update.

 

@mvmac can confirm that the book is in the final stages of editing.

 

:)

 

You know, I really need this book.

 

I'm so glad it's in the final stages of editing.

 

Thank you and David for all the hard work you guys put into it. :-)

post #171 of 608
God I hope you guys have like 50 pages devoted to the short game! After paying to become an oobgolf addict, and having it calculate my scramble percentage.....I am TERRIBLE! Some good months I'm looking at 17%! I'm throwing away around 10 strokes a round.

I don't think my issue is in technique as I'm alway ending up on the green around where I want, but I NEVER get it inside a three foot circle. I'm lucky if I can get it inside a 10 foot circle!

My issue is with the roll outs. I'm fairly certain it's because I can't read the lie and situation correctly to be able to tell how far the ball is going to roll once it hits the green. Maybe this book has information on that?
post #172 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post

God I hope you guys have like 50 pages devoted to the short game! After paying to become an oobgolf addict, and having it calculate my scramble percentage.....I am TERRIBLE! Some good months I'm looking at 17%! I'm throwing away around 10 strokes a round.

I don't think my issue is in technique as I'm alway ending up on the green around where I want, but I NEVER get it inside a three foot circle. I'm lucky if I can get it inside a 10 foot circle!

My issue is with the roll outs. I'm fairly certain it's because I can't read the lie and situation correctly to be able to tell how far the ball is going to roll once it hits the green. Maybe this book has information on that?

 

It will be interesting what you think about all this after you read the book.

post #173 of 608
Yeah, absolutely. So I just checked my month of May report. In 8 rounds my percentage was 13.5!!!! UGH!!!! Terrible. If i could just get on average within 5 feet of the hole on chips I would be ridiculously happy...
post #174 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post

I don't think my issue is in technique … but I'm lucky if I can get it inside a 10 foot circle!

 

These two statements do not match.

post #175 of 608
Sure they do. For instance, I could hit the perfect chip or pitch I.e. perform the technique correctly, yet if I cannot properly recognize all of the variables the ball will roll out further than I thought or check up when I try to play the roll out thus coming up short...Sometimes Ill play the ball to roll out more from the rough like I'm told I'm supposed to do and it will check. Sometimes ill play the ball to check off of the fairway only to have it roll way past... that's the part that kills me...
post #176 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post

Sure they do. For instance, I could hit the perfect chip or pitch I.e. perform the technique correctly, yet if I cannot properly recognize all of the variables the ball will roll out further than I thought or check up when I try to play the roll out thus coming up short...Sometimes Ill play the ball to roll out more from the rough like I'm told I'm supposed to do and it will check. Sometimes ill play the ball to check off of the fairway only to have it roll way past... that's the part that kills me...

 

Sorry to say this, but then you didn't perform a perfect chip or pitch. Part of the process is knowing how the ball will create on the green and roll out. Because part of having proper technique is knowing trajectory, spin, will the ball land soft or hard. 

post #177 of 608
The tragectory is always what I want. Its. Always how it hits and checks/rolls....
post #178 of 608
:dance:
post #179 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 
:dance:

:dance: Me too.....

post #180 of 608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM View Post

The tragectory is always what I want. Its. Always how it hits and checks/rolls....

 

Right :roll:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score