or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Switching from Mizuno to Taylormade?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Switching from Mizuno to Taylormade? - Page 2

post #19 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple drank View Post


???? The JPX EZ comes standard 4-GW....unless you buy used on ebay or special order.

 

http://americangolf.co.uk/MizunoGolf/Mizuno-JPX-EZ-5-SW/256792,en_GB,pd.html

 

I thought it was a bit strange as well but works for me lol

post #20 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by purple drank View Post


???? The JPX EZ comes standard 4-GW....unless you buy used on ebay or special order.

 

If you go on americangolf.co.uk they have them on there 

 

I thought it was strange as well but works for me lol

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarkus View Post

If you go on americangolf.co.uk they have them on there 

I thought it was strange as well but works for me lol

Theres a thread on here titled Adams "CB2 vs Mizuno JPX 800 pro" Look it up....it sheds light on the comparisons.
post #22 of 27

Well, as a female golfer, I understand...and I understand your wife too!  I like clubs, bags, purses and shoes!

post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maringolfer View Post
 

Well, as a female golfer, I understand...and I understand your wife too!  I like clubs, bags, purses and shoes!

 

I have tried to get her into golf...it's my dream lol.

 

It was a failure she hates the sport lol.

post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klarkus View Post

I shoot an average of 85 at the moment and the mx20s I use are forged. What's the difference between forged and not? My irons are the best part of my game very consistent and accurate

So... The only reason I have heard for wanting new clubs is because the Mizunos are pretty old but that they are in good shape and that you play well with them. (Didn't you say irons were the best part of your game?)

Now, I'm not saying you might not be able to improve things with some new sticks, but given what you have said I am almost certain you will NOT improve your game without dealing with a really good professional fitter that helps you choose not only heads that fit your game and goals, but also shafts for those heads that properly match your swing.

Asking opinions on forums like this is good, but it will not replace going and hitting a lot of different clubs to find for yourself the difference in both feel and performance among the options. Keep in mind, the feel of a club is influenced by both the head and the shaft, as is the ball flight. One of the golf stores I visit from time to time seems to think that all "better player's" irons should have stiff shafts and that people who are interested in "game improvement" clubs must want regular flex shafts, so all the demo clubs are fitted accordingly.

Find out what flex you need and make sure you are testing clubs with that flex.
post #25 of 27

Get properly fitted for irons and shafts, then, buy what you like.

post #26 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJim View Post


So... The only reason I have heard for wanting new clubs is because the Mizunos are pretty old but that they are in good shape and that you play well with them. (Didn't you say irons were the best part of your game?)

Now, I'm not saying you might not be able to improve things with some new sticks, but given what you have said I am almost certain you will NOT improve your game without dealing with a really good professional fitter that helps you choose not only heads that fit your game and goals, but also shafts for those heads that properly match your swing.

Asking opinions on forums like this is good, but it will not replace going and hitting a lot of different clubs to find for yourself the difference in both feel and performance among the options. Keep in mind, the feel of a club is influenced by both the head and the shaft, as is the ball flight. One of the golf stores I visit from time to time seems to think that all "better player's" irons should have stiff shafts and that people who are interested in "game improvement" clubs must want regular flex shafts, so all the demo clubs are fitted accordingly.

Find out what flex you need and make sure you are testing clubs with that flex.

^^^^^

This

post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJim View Post


So... The only reason I have heard for wanting new clubs is because the Mizunos are pretty old but that they are in good shape and that you play well with them. (Didn't you say irons were the best part of your game?)

Now, I'm not saying you might not be able to improve things with some new sticks, but given what you have said I am almost certain you will NOT improve your game without dealing with a really good professional fitter that helps you choose not only heads that fit your game and goals, but also shafts for those heads that properly match your swing.

Asking opinions on forums like this is good, but it will not replace going and hitting a lot of different clubs to find for yourself the difference in both feel and performance among the options. Keep in mind, the feel of a club is influenced by both the head and the shaft, as is the ball flight. One of the golf stores I visit from time to time seems to think that all "better player's" irons should have stiff shafts and that people who are interested in "game improvement" clubs must want regular flex shafts, so all the demo clubs are fitted accordingly.

Find out what flex you need and make sure you are testing clubs with that flex.

 

 

I will definitey get fitted. There's no way I am going to spend that much money on irons without making sure they are perfect for me lol. Thanks for the advice...Same goes for the post above this thanks for the help.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Switching from Mizuno to Taylormade?