or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Northwestern Mutual World Challenge (Tiger's Tournament)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2013 Northwestern Mutual World Challenge (Tiger's Tournament) - Page 3

post #37 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

Tiger looked more confident with that 100 gram and more flexible shaft in his driver. Time will tell if it keeps up.

 

Still missing putts that used to be almost automatic for him though.

 

yeah, he made some real nice swings with the driver yesterday.  is it still a Graphite Designs shaft?

 

that last putt on 18 looked stabby.

post #38 of 95
I didn't see all of Tiger's round but it looked like he hit a bunch of draws. He hit a really nice 3 wood off the tee and a nice wedge into a par 3.
post #39 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

 

yeah, he made some real nice swings with the driver yesterday.  is it still a Graphite Designs shaft?

 

that last putt on 18 looked stabby.


All I really know is this that I read on "The PGA Tour Equipment Page".

 

~~Aside from the driver switch, the other interesting piece of news is that Woods decided to use a Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103x shaft in the driver instead of his usual Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana WhiteBoard 73X shaft. The Blue Board shaft is the same version he currently uses in his VR_S Covert 3- and 5-wood. Woods stated on his site that the heavier shaft gave him better feel of the club at impact.

 

And that they mentioned on The Golf Channel that it was heavier but a softer flex.

post #40 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
that last putt on 18 looked stabby.

 

I thought that too.  That's one he never would have missed before.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

 

The Blue Board shaft is the same version he currently uses in his VR_S Covert 3- and 5-wood.

 

He's really looking comfy and nailing his fairway woods.  Not surprising that he'd want to shaft over to a similar shaft.

 

When I switched my driver shaft to match the model on my fairways this year, suddenly my confidence and feel in my driver went way up (same head model).  (Ha ha ha - just like tiger, except for the skill........and the money.........and the women........nevermind).  IMHO - the shaft on the club is so much more important than the head - worth matching it to a personal swing if one has the resources to do it.

post #41 of 95
Am I going crazy or was he not using a red and white Graphite Designs shaft all year?


Edit... Apparently he was using the GD shaft earlier in the year...
post #42 of 95

Wow!  Tiger is tearing it up today.

 

Hope he does that at the majors in 2014.

post #43 of 95

I feel bad for poor ole D.J. He's having a rough go at it today.

post #44 of 95
I know I said this yesterday but it seems like Tiger is hitting a lot of baby draws. He must be really confident with his ball striking.
post #45 of 95
post #46 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Saw that Rory was +7 or so. He might be a lot more like Phil (streaky) than Tiger (consistent).
I completely agree. Its not even fair to compare anyone to Tiger he's beyond consistent. I think Rory is solid but he isn't Tiger and I doubt he will ever be.
post #47 of 95
Yeah, you can't compare these guys at their best, you have to compare them when they're off. Tiger's bad day might be a 75, whereas someone else is going to shoot a 79...
post #48 of 95

Is it just me or did that 62 just seem so easy. It was like watching a video game.  If he can hit his tee shots like he was hitting them today it will be a very good year for Mr. Woods.  I like the idea of making the driver heavier. Anything to make him slow down a little  is a good thing. 

post #49 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post
 

Is it just me or did that 62 just seem so easy. It was like watching a video game.  If he can hit his tee shots like he was hitting them today it will be a very good year for Mr. Woods.  I like the idea of making the driver heavier. Anything to make him slow down a little  is a good thing. 

 

I've always liked a heavier driver.

 

BTW, the stats from that round were good ones. 18 of 18 GIR, almost every fairway hit (I didn't see the whole round - maybe he hit them all?). Relatively few putts even though he two-putted a par five for birdie - few putts because he had near tap-in birdies.

 

The long game got Tiger that 62. It could have been a 60 with slightly better putting, or at worst roughly a 66 with an average to poor day of putting.

post #50 of 95
I completely agree Erik he hit every fairway but one which is remarkable for him. I feel like he missed one fairly easy putt and pulled his iron shot on 18. Otherwise it was a clinic. Its fun to see how simple the game can look when you know how hard it really is.
post #51 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I completely agree Erik he hit every fairway but one which is remarkable for him. I feel like he missed one fairly easy putt and pulled his iron shot on 18. Otherwise it was a clinic. Its fun to see how simple the game can look when you know how hard it really is.


I don't think he pulled his approach on 18, he was playing to the fat part of the green with a baby cut and it didn't cut that much.
post #52 of 95
Agree to disagree Colin. I think he was going at the middle and cutting it to the flag. Not hitting to the left side and cutting it to the middle.
post #53 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Agree to disagree Colin. I think he was going at the middle and cutting it to the flag. Not hitting to the left side and cutting it to the middle.

This.
post #54 of 95

It was a cut that didn't cut enough ... are all of us saying the same thing?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2013 Northwestern Mutual World Challenge (Tiger's Tournament)