or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › A month to shoot 70's
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A month to shoot 70's - Page 2

post #19 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

BTW, Is this a 29 day month or a 31 day month?
That two days could be the difference between shooting in the low 80's and high 70's. a1_smile.gif

I had no idea leap day was in December this year. b2_tongue.gif

Wait, do the Mayans know about this?

 

Oops. :-P 

post #20 of 165
Thread Starter 

It's a journal.. I'm just jotting down my thoughts.. k?

post #21 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 

It's a journal.. I'm just jotting down my thoughts.. k?


Sorry, for some reason I thought it was an instructional thing like "Shoot 70's in 30 days" or something to that effect. :doh:

post #22 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

 

First, I don't know if the school would even be allowed to do this by the local/state governing bodies, in the same way my employer couldn't allow me to work a continuous 8 hour workday if I wanted to.

 

Second, I'm curious as to why/how you think the school could accommodate this even if they wanted to.  Aren't you in classes with 15-30 other students?  Are the teachers going to start their classes 5 minutes early for you only?  Or is there some other way this can be accomplished that I'm not thinking of?

I talked to my counselor today, and she said she would be more than happy to change my schedule for golf (i'm a good student hehe).. I just have to check with the principle first, which she thinks he'll say yes.

 

I wish I could drive / had a car.. I'd wake up at 4 and go practice, then leave for school... sadly i live too far away from the course to walkk

post #23 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfisher View Post
 

I'm not trying to spoil the fun but wouldn't a better media for a play by play diary or journal be on a dedicated personal website with a blog tab or even facebook....or am I being a party pooper?

No idea, I like to do it the on the forum for 1. lolz 2. feedback 3. forum fun

 

Okay brothers, I'm heading out to the course now. Cya soon!

post #24 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 


Sorry, for some reason I thought it was an instructional thing like "Shoot 70's in 30 days" or something to that effect. :doh:

I'm sorry, I sounded mean. We're all good bud :)

post #25 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfisher View Post
 

I'm not trying to spoil the fun but wouldn't a better media for a play by play diary or journal be on a dedicated personal website with a blog tab or even facebook....or am I being a party pooper?

No idea, I like to do it the on the forum for 1. lolz 2. feedback 3. forum fun

 

Okay brothers, I'm heading out to the course now. Cya soon!


I just noticed that you have about the same handicap as my son. I wonder if I could convince him to try this? Unfortunately, he spends his time studying 4 hours a day after school.

 

Well, good luck. Now that I think about it, for you to shoot 79s does not seem all that outrageous.

post #26 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

I talked to my counselor today, and she said she would be more than happy to change my schedule for golf (i'm a good student hehe).. I just have to check with the principle first, which she thinks he'll say yes.

I wish I could drive / had a car.. I'd wake up at 4 and go practice, then leave for school... sadly i live too far away from the course to walkk

Was it as simple as switching/skipping lunch, as the others suggested?
post #27 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

 when I'm in the Big Show.

While I hear confidence in yourself if key, a little bird once told me that humility is just as important. I suppose if you had used the phrase "If I make it to the Big Show" I wouldn't have felt the entire thing to be quite as pretentious as it comes off with your current wording. I'm sorry if my comment came off harsh, it is only meant to be taken as a comment from the peanut gallery.

post #28 of 165

@Kelzzy, please mind the multi-posts (use multi quoting):  New to The Sand Trap? Little Things Members Expect and Ask of Fellow Members .

post #29 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
 

While I hear confidence in yourself if key, a little bird once told me that humility is just as important. I suppose if you had used the phrase "If I make it to the Big Show" I wouldn't have felt the entire thing to be quite as pretentious as it comes off with your current wording. I'm sorry if my comment came off harsh, it is only meant to be taken as a comment from the peanut gallery.

I just think it's going to be funny when we read this an I am about to make a putt for the US Open.. but you know..

 

Anway, here we go! New entry!

 

Day 4

Coldest day of the week! A freezing 24 degrees hit course around 5 oclock, but I managed to get my range work in before dark. Despite stinging my hands a couple of times, I warmed up with my irons, finally, moving on to the big clubs. To my biggest surprise, I was hitting the hybrid, 3-wood, and driver the best I've ever hit them. I haven't swung those sticks in nearly 4 months, but it felt like I have been practicing for years. As the sun dropped, I moved onto my driver. Although I wasn't able to see the shots after about 10 hits, I still felt great fluidity in my swing. I feel like I'm firing and exploding after the ball more than I have ever have. I will post a video tomorrow.

 

Moving on to one of the funniest parts of the practice, the short game! Chipping today was all about the feel, as night grew harder and harder to see the white ball. However, I knew I was making chips and could see a faint round object float next to the hole. I really am surprising myself at how far I've come in just four days. 

 

You would think that the coldness is a disadvantage, but while I struck with my 56 degree deep in the rough, I got into thinking of how it is actually an advantage. Why? There's so many factors that the cold brings into golf play, wind, frozen muscles, stiff hands, etc. Imagine if you can shoot 70's in the cold cold winter days, just what you can do during the heat of summer? I am getting pumped up more and more every day I go out, and feel very confident in myself. However, we have to realize that by me being confident, I'm not boasting. Confidence is a strong belief in one self, boasting is forcing a strong belief of one self into others in their face. It is impossible to have overconfidence.

 

In other news, I can now add about 2 or 3 more hours to my practice, as I bought a screen and some turf for just 35 bucks at Big 5, what a snag! Like I said, if I had the opportunity to, I would drive to the course at 4 in the morning to practice. Well, now I don't have to get a car ... it'll be in my backyard! Hopefully I don't wake up my family with the crack of my club. 

 

Stay tuned for the video tomorrow!

post #30 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post


Was it as simple as switching/skipping lunch, as the others suggested?

That wouldn't have helped. No way would my parents gave me a ride to the course, and lunch is only 50 minutes long or something like that. By the time I got stretched out and warmed up, it'd be time to go back.

 

However, my counselor is really cool and I think she's going to let me do this. That means, instead of getting off at 2:43pm, I can get off at 1:40 or earlier. I just have to take 8 straight hours of class, but I'm up for it ... lunch was boring enough. 

post #31 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
 

While I hear confidence in yourself if key, a little bird once told me that humility is just as important. I suppose if you had used the phrase "If I make it to the Big Show" I wouldn't have felt the entire thing to be quite as pretentious as it comes off with your current wording. I'm sorry if my comment came off harsh, it is only meant to be taken as a comment from the peanut gallery.

I just think it's going to be funny when we read this an I am about to make a putt for the US Open.. but you know..

If you are serious, I hate to burst your bubble.  In order to be a world class at anything, 1) God must smile on you, i.e. you are exceptionally talented, and 2) you should be working every waking hour on golf.   I've been there myself on another sport and I didn't have 1) although I had determination and work ethic.  

post #32 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
 

If you are serious, I hate to burst your bubble.  In order to be a world class at anything, 1) God must smile on you, i.e. you are exceptionally talented, and 2) you should be working every waking hour on golf.   I've been there myself on another sport and I didn't have 1) although I had determination and work ethic.  

Yeah okay. 
>implying I'm not playing or thinking about golf all the time. 

I take notes about things that pop in my head about golf, for my practice later. My notebook is filled with pages and pages of notes and drills from myself, pros, and others around the course I've met. It's impossible to play golf "every waking moment", which no-one can do.. you can be homeschooled, but like somebody mentioned, most pros went to regular school.

 

"Hate to burst your bubble".. don't worry about it, I thought it wasn't much.

post #33 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post
 

If you are serious, I hate to burst your bubble.  In order to be a world class at anything, 1) God must smile on you, i.e. you are exceptionally talented, and 2) you should be working every waking hour on golf.   I've been there myself on another sport and I didn't have 1) although I had determination and work ethic.  

Yeah okay. 
>implying I'm not playing or thinking about golf all the time. 

I take notes about things that pop in my head about golf, for my practice later. My notebook is filled with pages and pages of notes and drills from myself, pros, and others around the course I've met. It's impossible to play golf "every waking moment", which no-one can do.. you can be homeschooled, but like somebody mentioned, most pros went to regular school.

 

"Hate to burst your bubble".. don't worry about it, I thought it wasn't much.

 

Good luck and best wishes.   Enjoy the journey.  

post #34 of 165

Small point of clarification for me (a question):

 

I thought kelzzy, when he originally started posting here, was listed as a single-digit handicap.  Did that change or am I just remembering things inaccurately?

 

Going from a 14 handicap to the US Open is quite the task, no matter how recently you picked up the game.

post #35 of 165

I think the single digit kid is someone else. Nick something or another.

post #36 of 165
Thread Starter 
I never had a handicap, I left it empty. For some reason it put it to 14.1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › A month to shoot 70's