or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Depression Thread - Page 27

post #469 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Well this sucks ...

 

GD I would not complain compared to the drought you all have endured, btw tee time 8:07 Saturday partly sunny 77 deg. just sayin

post #470 of 873
Me too. As long as courses are open, and not raining I'll be out at Fox Hollow
post #471 of 873

gonna crack the 40's this weekend... before the snow storm... If there are any courses open, i'm in there

post #472 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden View Post
 


The current colors of agony... I live on the dark-blue side so won't play till the end of april.

@Ernest Jones @Foursum Golf !  Quick, look outside!  Is it purple in Canada?

post #473 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

@Ernest Jones
 @Foursum Golf
 !  Quick, look outside!  Is it purple in Canada?
No. Why, is @Golfingdad wearing all his sweaters??
post #474 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


You'd probably have to wear all of the sweaters you own.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


No. Why, is @Golfingdad wearing all his sweaters??

LOL, seriously.  Although just to annoy you, I'd put the purple one on the inside.

 

Why do you guys insist on having such a long, crappy winter??  Stop it already, so you can go play some golf!!

post #475 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

LOL, seriously.  Although just to annoy you, I'd put the purple one on the inside.

Why do you guys insist on having such a long, crappy winter??  Stop it already, so you can go play some golf!!

Dude, we had sun snow today. SUN SNOW! The weather just can't make up it's ****ing mind!
post #476 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Dude, we had sun snow today. SUN SNOW! The weather just can't make up it's ****ing mind!

It's unreal.  My wife has told me several times that growing up (Long Island) it might snow a couple of times a year, but it rarely stuck around for very long.  This year, every other day I'm seeing pictures from her friends tobogganing in their front yard or shoveling a driveway.

 

It's nuts!!!  I feel bad for you guys.  I want to stop seeing this thread at the top of the "new posts" list and instead see a "Spring Excitement - Golf Season is Here!!!" thread in its place.

post #477 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

It's unreal.  My wife has told me several times that growing up (Long Island) it might snow a couple of times a year, but it rarely stuck around for very long.  This year, every other day I'm seeing pictures from her friends tobogganing in their front yard or shoveling a driveway.

 

It's nuts!!!  I feel bad for you guys.  I want to stop seeing this thread at the top of the "new posts" list and instead see a "Spring Excitement - Golf Season is Here!!!" thread in its place.

Golf weather on Long Island is at least 10 days away.  I don't remember a winter this rough ever.   I've already burned 1.5x the amount of oil I burned last winter.   I'm starting up my indoor lessons tomorrow and hoping that by the first week in April I get to play a few rounds before my Myrtle Beach trip.

post #478 of 873

Cannot catch a break with these cold temps in NH still. I usually like to hear the 7-day forecast to see if in at least a week things will be warming up, but that wish is not being fulfilled. Looks like next Wednesday is supposed to be frigid temps and so are the days preceding it. I'M DONE.

post #479 of 873

You play in that damn rain and you enjoy it. Your excuse from work can be "I quit". I am praying for icy mix instead of snow because of my desperation to play golf but I have all the free time in the world and can't even practice.

post #480 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 


Where do you play? Fri. will be the day to get out I may dream up an excuse to leave work early tomorrow.


I play Riverdale, which is playing pretty fair for winter. Todd Creek should be in very similar shape.

 

Looks as if Fri will be the best chance till midweek next.

post #481 of 873

I think  it's sad that I'm excited that we're supposed to have a high of 32 on Saturday and 31 on Sunday. 

 

BTW, it's 0* now. :doh:

post #482 of 873


Still making ice on the lakes up north.
post #483 of 873

I'm 54. I can't recall a winter that was this consistently cold.  We have cold snaps.  But it seems we've only hit 50 once or twice since before Xmas.

post #484 of 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post



Still making ice on the lakes up north.

Which state?
post #485 of 873

Supposed to be above freezing Saturday and Sunday so I should be able to get a bunch of work at the range. Looking at snow late Sunday into Monday. :pound:

 

Dear Weather Gods,

 

I can't take much more! Make it stop! :surrender:

 

Regards, 

 

Matt

post #486 of 873

It's -5° outside (actual) right now with a -15°F windchill. We're supposed to get 6-12" of fresh snow by Monday!!!!!!!!!! I am losing my damn mind. That's NE Ohio for you... just wait until mid-March when we go 50°, 50°, 60°, 30° + 12" of snow again... :censored:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread