or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Depression Thread - Page 40

post #703 of 912

Just played my first round since the first of the year yesterday.  Granted it was only 9 holes (with 3 balls on each shot though) and the course was anything but in good shape and it was blowing hard too.  Don't care it was great!!  Unfortunately they are predicting a northeaster this week that could bring a lot of snow - hoping they are wrong though.  Looking forward to next weekend (if it doesn't snow) when a few more courses might be open.  This winter has to end sometime.

post #704 of 912
@Jim12golf What was open in Boston?
post #705 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post



How is this for a late March forecast? -3 right now, and it doesn't appear to be getting warmer anytime soon.

At least we warm up a little bit during the day...

post #706 of 912

 

The same here. The coldest March ever.

 

post #707 of 912

50's are coming at the end of this week and 60° on Monday! I'll definitely get out there for 18 on Sunday morning (hopefully). My last attempt resulted in an impromptu whiteout blizzard  that dropped 3 inches of snow with 25° weather, even though our weather forecasters were calling for 54 and sun. Well, it hit 54 later that day at 3 PM but it was sopping wet by then.

post #708 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

@Jim12golf What was open in Boston?

I got a Facebook post about course openings.  Not many.  The only one I played was Amesbury.  The Cape is going to get buried tonight.

post #709 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

@Jim12golf What was open in Boston?

I got a Facebook post about course openings.  Not many.  The only one I played was Amesbury.  The Cape is going to get buried tonight.


It will be cleared off early next week. I was in Newburyport area this weekend. I would imagine some place is ready to play down there.

post #710 of 912

post #711 of 912

Played 27 this weekend.  It reached the 70 on saturday.  

 

Today its been snowing all morning.

post #712 of 912

Alright. I've been very patient but enough is enough. I didn't move back to Alabama to watch it snow all day on March 25. :pound:

 

Wasn't even in the stupid forecast either. We thought we might get some play today at the course because it was supposed to be around 50 degrees and sunny.

(They only missed it by 15 degrees and forgot to throw in the 20 mph wind and snow :doh:).

post #713 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post

Alright. I've been very patient but enough is enough. I didn't move back to Alabama to watch it snow all day on March 25. c1_cursing.gif

Wasn't even in the stupid forecast either. We thought we might get some play today at the course because it was supposed to be around 50 degrees and sunny.
(They only missed it by 15 degrees and forgot to throw in the 20 mph wind and snow d2_doh.gif ).
I think that dip south saved us from it. At least it will all melt fast for you...
post #714 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


I think that dip south saved us from it. At least it will all melt fast for you...


What little is on the ground has been melting away in between snow showers so it doesn't amount to anything. The cold and wind are another story though. Nobody playing golf.

 

This will be the 4th time this year that I'm letting myself think this will be the last of it.

post #715 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post


What little is on the ground has been melting away in between snow showers so it doesn't amount to anything. The cold and wind are another story though. Nobody playing golf.

This will be the 4th time this year that I'm letting myself think this will be the last of it.

We somehow dodged any measurable accumulation yesterday - points south of Philadelphia picked up a few inches (close to 6" in some spots - ugh!). This HAS to be the last of it, right????? Enough already. At this rate, we'll probably bypass any actual spring season and probably be in the 80's by mid April - will go right from running the heater to running the A/C with no reprieve (but who cares as long as the course is open and playable...)
post #716 of 912

I played 9 holes Monday in Westchester County NY. It was 27 degrees.

It was my first time out since December.

Only saw two other lunatics on the course:)

 

With the storm missing us, gonna try for tomorrow afternoon too!

post #717 of 912

The Cape got snow!  We didn't get snow!  Yeah!  Usually they avoid snow and get rain when we get pounded.

post #718 of 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcwkent View Post

I played 9 holes Monday in Westchester County NY. It was 27 degrees.
It was my first time out since December.
Only saw two other lunatics on the course:)

With the storm missing us, gonna try for tomorrow afternoon too!

Too funny!
post #719 of 912

Short article in the local paper about course status and hopeful opening dates:

(the link may not work after a week or so, just the way the paper does things here)

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/Brutal-winter-leaves-a-lot-of-work-to-be-done-on-area-golf-courses-252338871.html

post #720 of 912

No snow on Long Island either, just really cold and windy.  Unfortunately the weekend looks like a washout.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread