or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Winter Depression Thread - Page 46

post #811 of 909

Anyone from northern VT or NH?

 

My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

post #812 of 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Anyone from northern VT or NH?

My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

You are not playing up there. Closest course is probably 2.5 or more hours away. The only courses open in NH are close to the Massachusetts border.
post #813 of 909

Driving range FINALLY opened!

 

:dance::dance::dance:

 

Time to start storing the clubs in the trunk of the car so I ready when opportunity knocks. Could have hit balls this morning if I hadn't left the ****ing clubs at home!

post #814 of 909

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

post #815 of 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

 

 

We don't really have a spring. It was pretty hot this last weekend and some days during the week.

post #816 of 909

Got to play on my first course of the year last night!!!

 

I played terrible....but had a smile on my face the entire time.  

post #817 of 909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

Got to play on my first course of the year last night!!!

 

I played terrible....but had a smile on my face the entire time.  

 

That's the main thing!

post #818 of 909

I feel like I can no longer participate in this thread because winter is over in KC..........it's golf season!!   

post #819 of 909

Still no courses open here yet. Snow is melting quickly though! Snowbanks are still there, but snow on flat areas has almost all melted.

post #820 of 909

Courses starting to open this week, got out today and posted a solid 86.

post #821 of 909

Played a round yesterday, hope to play another tomorrow.

 

69 degrees 10-15 mph wind yesterday, forecast tomorrow 73 degrees and 9 mph.

 

Sunday 6" heavy wet snow, gusts to 24 mph, high 36 degrees.

 

Springtime in the Rockies, gotta love it!

post #822 of 909
Got a tee time for tomorrow!!
post #823 of 909

Looks like it's finally warming up everywhere. :dance:

 

About 10 courses have opened within an hour drive. Haven't played any yet. 

post #824 of 909

We had a 45° temp drop in less than 48 hours. On Saturday and Sunday, we were 75-80°. Today, it's 32° with 2" of fresh snow. It's supposed to be 60 by Thursday though. I just hope it's not soaking wet by the weekend. My round on Saturday was frustrating when literally every shot was plugging, even approach shots to greens.

I have a picture of my ball plugged about 8 feet from the hole on a Par 3 that I will upload later. It took my divot tool and a tee to extract the ball without causing even more damage. I also let the super know at the turn so he could take a look. I just know if I go back there in a week I am going to see a brown, bare hole in the green. They don't take particularly good care of stuff like that.

Hell, one of the greens has a "Ground Under Repair" sign in the back corner, which has been there for literally 3 years, where the deer creep out of the woods and trample the green and eat the grass. 

post #825 of 909

I also woke up to snow today. WTF! :-O 

 

(I knew it was coming, but pretended it wasn't real.)  

post #826 of 909

Snow here as well... Yesterday I was wearing shorts. :mad:

post #827 of 909
Yep. Calling for 4" here too. c4_mad.gif

It won't stay but **** me! Enough already!! Uncle! Uncle!
post #828 of 909

I posted this at 7:40-ish on Instagram:

 

http://instagram.com/p/mzzYzXyYOZ/

 

 

We have quite a bit more snow now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Winter Depression Thread