or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Holy crap, I'm gonna play golf with Graeme McDowell!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Holy crap, I'm gonna play golf with Graeme McDowell! - Page 18

post #307 of 389
I say bad shot all the time to myself and my playing partner's. I'm going with shot from now on. I can't wait until the snows gone.
post #308 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I say bad shot all the time to myself and my playing partner's. I'm going with shot from now on. I can't wait until the snows gone.

 

I go with "golf shot", but I try to use it with the playing ability of the player in mind. Sometimes what is a "golf shot" to me is not necessarily so to the guy who just hit the shot.

 

And like you, I keep the "bad shot" to myself. Unfortunately, far too often.

post #309 of 389
Thread Starter 

I just got an email from GolfNow.  They just posted this on their website blog......

 

http://blog.golfnow.com/the-best-golf-round-ever/

 

They're putting a complete cd of pics together for us too.  Hopefully a few more worth sharing.

post #310 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

 

I go with "golf shot", but I try to use it with the playing ability of the player in mind. Sometimes what is a "golf shot" to me is not necessarily so to the guy who just hit the shot.

 

And like you, I keep the "bad shot" to myself. Unfortunately, far too often.


I guess I am more easily aggravated on the green than anywhere else because that's where things that shouldn't bug me really do.

 

Most common is the guy that absolutely can't help himself and has to yell out something like "There it is" or "Made it" or even "Good Putt" before the ball gets to the hole. Now I know that what that person said has nothing to do with whether I made that putt or not but if it misses I can't help but think shut up and quit jinxing me.

 

Worse but less common is the moron that decides just as I am addressing my putt, and after reading it and into my pre-putt routine, to say something like "Breaks about a cup left" or It's slow". Yep we actually have people that stupid in our weekly game. They get chosen last.

 

Less aggravating (but still) is the guy that doesn't have a clue what a good roll is that says something like "Good putt" or Good roll" after a terrible roll that happens to go in the hole. I would rather have somebody that knows the difference say "Good roll" on a putt that missed (if it actually was a good roll).

post #311 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

What's with the "shot" instead of nice shot or oh shit.

 

Well, when was the last time you said bad shot to someone...?   :-)


I didn't say "bad" per se, but I said something like "Wow, you are really good at finding balls. . ." when the tee shot was found.

 

The words just came out of my lips, I swear I didn't put any thought behind it. It just kind of blurted out.

post #312 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

I just got an email from GolfNow.  They just posted this on their website blog......

 

http://blog.golfnow.com/the-best-golf-round-ever/

 

They're putting a complete cd of pics together for us too.  Hopefully a few more worth sharing.

So the question still stands:

How far does Greame McDowell hit it on the internet?

post #313 of 389

Thank you for sharing David.  That is an amazing experience and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all that you wrote about the day with Graeme.

 

A lot of what you wrote is lot as golfers we can learn from.  I'm sure from just observing Graeme, you picked up some nuggets that you will apply towards your game.  The thing that I take from this the most is the reinforcement of how much Ball Striking / Long Game dominates a golfers ability to play very well.  It's funny because based on what you explained of the round, Graeme's "short game" wasn't really needed at all. Say's a lot to how we should all practice.  Also, we can take the importance of mastering a single shot shape.  I'm sure you saw Graeme play draws on holes or pins that would be best suited with a cut.  He stayed with his shot shape and as Erik said in the shot shape thread, the pros OWN their shape (whatever that shot shape may be). These are all excellent lessons that we should all consider if we want to get better.

 

It's also great to hear how nice of a guy Graeme is!  What a day man and we are all lucky to have a fellow SandTrap friend there that was able to share it with us.

post #314 of 389
My goodness, I just read the recap and tears almost came to my eyes LOL. I feel like I was there. That is the coolest thing ever David and congrats a million times over. Thank you for sharing and I will continue to book all of my tee times through Golfnow. Not in hopes to win something, but the fact that they went all out and hooked you up makes them ok in my book. I cant say this enough........THAT WAS AWESOME!
post #315 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith View Post
 

Thank you for sharing David.  That is an amazing experience and I thoroughly enjoyed reading all that you wrote about the day with Graeme.

 

A lot of what you wrote is lot as golfers we can learn from.  I'm sure from just observing Graeme, you picked up some nuggets that you will apply towards your game.  The thing that I take from this the most is the reinforcement of how much Ball Striking / Long Game dominates a golfers ability to play very well.  It's funny because based on what you explained of the round, Graeme's "short game" wasn't really needed at all. Say's a lot to how we should all practice.  Also, we can take the importance of mastering a single shot shape.  I'm sure you saw Graeme play draws on holes or pins that would be best suited with a cut.  He stayed with his shot shape and as Erik said in the shot shape thread, the pros OWN their shape (whatever that shot shape may be). These are all excellent lessons that we should all consider if we want to get better.

 

It's also great to hear how nice of a guy Graeme is!  What a day man and we are all lucky to have a fellow SandTrap friend there that was able to share it with us.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonTheSavage View Post

My goodness, I just read the recap and tears almost came to my eyes LOL. I feel like I was there. That is the coolest thing ever David and congrats a million times over. Thank you for sharing and I will continue to book all of my tee times through Golfnow. Not in hopes to win something, but the fact that they went all out and hooked you up makes them ok in my book. I cant say this enough........THAT WAS AWESOME!

 

Ron and Deryck pretty much nailed how I feel. 

 

Thanks, David, for some great vicarious living! :beer: 

post #316 of 389

ok, so im going to officially establish that if you only say "shot" instead of "nice/good shot" you are in the category of golfer who uses the term "game" in reference to the clubs/balls/clothes/bag/divot tool/spikes...he uses.

post #317 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

ok, so im going to officially establish that if you only say "shot" instead of "nice/good shot" you are in the category of golfer who uses the term "game" in reference to the clubs/balls/clothes/bag/divot tool/spikes...he uses.

 

HAHA, you are harsh, man. :-D

 

 

I dunno, guys, I like this "shot" thing. When I say it to myself out loud, I can hear the word "good" somehow precede it, even though I didn't say "good." Definitely a cool auditory illusion. 

post #318 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

 

HAHA, you are harsh, man. :-D

 

 

I dunno, guys, I like this "shot" thing. When I say it to myself out loud, I can hear the word "good" somehow precede it, even though I didn't say "good." Definitely a cool auditory illusion. 

It's similar to saying, "the F*ck", you don't actually need the "what" part. Ex: "The f*ck you talkin' bout man?"

 

I guess you could say the "what" is silent.

post #319 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

It's similar to saying, "the F*ck", you don't actually need the "what" part. Ex: "The f*ck you talkin' bout man?"

I guess you could say the "what" is silent.

Nailed it.
post #320 of 389

I've never liked it.  Same goes for "golf shot" for that matter.

post #321 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I've never liked it.  Same goes for "golf shot" for that matter.
Next time we play, when you hit a good one, I'm just gonna say "ot." Or if we're short on time, I might just say "t." ;)
post #322 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

ok, so im going to officially establish that if you only say "shot" instead of "nice/good shot" you are in the category of golfer who uses the term "game" in reference to the clubs/balls/clothes/bag/divot tool/spikes...he uses.

You take that back!

b2_tongue.gif
post #323 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

I've never liked it.  Same goes for "golf shot" for that matter.
Next time we play, when you hit a good one, I'm just gonna say "ot." Or if we're short on time, I might just say "t." ;)

 

L

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

 

HAHA, you are harsh, man. :-D

 

 

I dunno, guys, I like this "shot" thing. When I say it to myself out loud, I can hear the word "good" somehow precede it, even though I didn't say "good." Definitely a cool auditory illusion. 

It's similar to saying, "the F*ck", you don't actually need the "what" part. Ex: "The f*ck you talkin' bout man?"

 

I guess you could say the "what" is silent.

 

Hehe true enough for me. 
post #324 of 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

ok, so im going to officially establish that if you only say "shot" instead of "nice/good shot" you are in the category of golfer who uses the term "game" in reference to the clubs/balls/clothes/bag/divot tool/spikes...he uses.

 

So, every PGA Tour player? :P

 

Better players tend to say "shot." That's all I'm sayin'. :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Holy crap, I'm gonna play golf with Graeme McDowell!