or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Photo - Fred Couples in repose at the airport
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Photo - Fred Couples in repose at the airport

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Not my photo, some guy tweeted it while at airport.

 

post #2 of 11

Sooo cool, I could never get away with that.  

 

No private jet?

post #3 of 11
It's just some dude lazing out in an airport lounge, what's so special about that? I never really understood the "uber-cool" image of Freddy, sure he seems like a pretty cool guy but I don't see anything that justifies the legendary status his "coolness" seems to carry.

I've never seen him in person so maybe that's why? Is it something that has to be experienced first hand to really appreciate or is he just extremely well marketed?
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
I've never seen the guy flustered. If there's a photo of him freaking out, I'd post that too. a1_smile.gif
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post

I've never seen the guy flustered. If there's a photo of him freaking out, I'd post that too. a1_smile.gif

 

I have.

 

He took a drop in the Bob Hope I think, and it bounced and settled way down into the grass. He wasn't playing particularly well and had just missed the green with a 6-iron on a par five or something. A guy a few feet away snickered a little at the horrible lie he got and Freddie snapped "You think that's ****ing funny, do ya? Huh? ****ing *******."

 

It was about four to six years ago.

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I have.

 

He took a drop in the Bob Hope I think, and it bounced and settled way down into the grass. He wasn't playing particularly well and had just missed the green with a 6-iron on a par five or something. A guy a few feet away snickered a little at the horrible lie he got and Freddie snapped "You think that's ****ing funny, do ya? Huh? ****ing *******."

 

It was about four to six years ago.

 

Ouch. Guy should've kept his mouth shut, but Couples should have as well.

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

Ouch. Guy should've kept his mouth shut, but Couples should have as well.

 

FWIW, I didn't fault him for it. I don't really care if people swear. The guy who laughed wasn't a child.

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

FWIW, I didn't fault him for it. I don't really care if people swear. The guy who laughed wasn't a child.

 

Yeah, nor would I. He deserved it. I say Couples shouldn't have responded, but pretty unrealistic to go by if you're not going to say something nice don't say it at all.

post #9 of 11
My first thought is that position cant be good for his back.
post #10 of 11

I see guys sitting like that all the time in the airport so I wouldn't have paid enough attention to him to even realize it was Couples.

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Sooo cool, I could never get away with that.

 

No private jet?

 

Freddie appeared at a Junior clinic sponsored by RBC last year at our club in Philly. He took a redeye from LA, spent the day at the club, and took another commercial flight back to LA that evening.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Photo - Fred Couples in repose at the airport