or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Issues with Mobile Version of the Site
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Issues with Mobile Version of the Site

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I'm not able to access anything via the mobile version on my iPhone.
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post

I'm not able to access anything via the mobile version on my iPhone.

 

What if you log out and log back in?

 

I haven't had any trouble with it. If you continue to have trouble file a thread in this forum.

post #3 of 16

I've had problems with the mobile app as well past 3-4 hours and I have logged out and back in.

 

I get this message:

 

Unable to create the cache directory (/var/lib/huddler/www.thesandtrap/collateral/twig/64/d6).

post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
I got the same message. Logging out didn't work.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Btw navigatin the forum on iPhone using the desktop version is a total PITA. Not sure how I did it before you switched to mobile version.

Okay I'm on a desktop now.

I have iPhone 4S with IOS 7.0.2. When I access the mobile version of the site, I can access the home page, main forum, and subforums. Whenever I click on an actual thread, I get the message SloverUT posted above.

I've tried logging out and back in, as well as shutting down all of my apps and turning the phone off/back on.
Edited by k-troop - 12/12/13 at 2:39pm
post #6 of 16

Another site had this issue. I reported it.

 

And moved these posts to a new thread as I'd requested, you stinkers. :D

post #7 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Another site had this issue. I reported it.

 

And moved these posts to a new thread as I'd requested, you stinkers. :D

 

It's hard as f*** to navigate this forum using the desktop version on an iPhone!  Thanks for moving this though.

post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-troop View Post
 

It's hard as f*** to navigate this forum using the desktop version on an iPhone!  Thanks for moving this though.

 

They say it is fixed now.

post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

They say it is fixed now.

 

Yup, just accessed this post on my mobile as well so it seems we are back in working order.

post #10 of 16
Thread Starter 
Yay! (From my iPhone using mobile version)
post #11 of 16
Please tip your waiter or waitress and drive safely.
post #12 of 16

OK silly question.  I have an iPhone 5.  "Where do I get the mobile app?", said the smart phone neophyte.  I search the App store for The Sand Trap and got a bunch of games.

post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

OK silly question.  I have an iPhone 5.  "Where do I get the mobile app?", said the smart phone neophyte.  I search the App store for The Sand Trap and got a bunch of games.

It's not an app. You just go to any page on the site, scroll to the bottom, and click "Mobile."
post #14 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

OK silly question.  I have an iPhone 5.  "Where do I get the mobile app?", said the smart phone neophyte.  I search the App store for The Sand Trap and got a bunch of games.

It's not an app...it's a button at the very bottom of the page when you're logged into TST.  Scroll all the way down, and you'll find a toggle switch that says Mobile Desktop.  Click Mobile and you'll find a streamlined and resized version of the forum--not as comprehensive but much easier to use when on an iPhone or small tablet.

post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

It's not an app. You just go to any page on the site, scroll to the bottom, and click "Mobile."

 

If you visit the site in Safari on your iPhone odds are it will automatically send you to the mobile version of the site (unless you previously explicitly chose "Desktop").

 

Original announcement thread:  TST Goes Mobile!  .

post #16 of 16

Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Announcements & Tech Support
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › Announcements & Tech Support › Issues with Mobile Version of the Site