or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Worst Movie of All time
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Worst Movie of All time - Page 7

post #109 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMA1 View Post
 

There are movies that are not made to be realistic or believable - sci-fy, horror, James Bond, Raiders of the Lost Arch, etc. I know going into those what to expect and I still find them entertaining. But when a movie is supposed to be believable and the characters behave in a way that no one would, that's what pisses me off.

 

The movie The Game which starred Michael Douglass and Sean Penn was one of the most ridiculous plots ever. And the ending... only in America could someone get rich making a movie like that.

 

I enjoyed The Game, thought it was a good movie as I do most of David Fincher's movies. RT, imdb, metacritic, all pretty positive about it. Yeah, there are plot holes, but entertaining overall.

 

A lot of the movies listed in this thread aren't like 5% in RT or under 3 in imdb, we're talking Gigli or Grown Ups 2 (7% RT.) bad. We're going for worst ever here. Really bad, not I didn't like this one myself, but utter hatred from everyone. Tanked at the box office, tanked with the critics, tanked in dvd/streaming ratings. And not so bad, it's good, like Sharknado.

 

http://www.imdb.com/chart/bottom

 

post #110 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevets88 View Post
 

 

I enjoyed The Game, thought it was a good movie as I do most of David Fincher's movies. RT, imdb, metacritic, all pretty positive about it. Yeah, there are plot holes, but entertaining overall.

 

A lot of the movies listed in this thread aren't like 5% in RT or under 3 in imdb, we're talking Gigli or Grown Ups 2 (7% RT.) bad. We're going for worst ever here. Really bad, not I didn't like this one myself, but utter hatred from everyone. Tanked at the box office, tanked with the critics, tanked in dvd/streaming ratings. And not so bad, it's good, like Sharknado.

 

 

Lol. Sorry, I didn't know there were rules. I thought the o.p. was asking what our least favorite movies were. I hadn't noticed all the parameters you've listed. Hell, some posts in this thread had Schindler's List as the worst ever. I thought this was about individual opinion not general consensus. I apologize if I misunderstood.

 

A stupid comedy is what it's intended to be so I usually know what I'm getting and I can enjoy it. And I don't get up and walk out of a James Bond movie when something unbelievable happens. That's part of the attraction - at least to me.

 

You have to remove some realism from any movie to make it entertaining. But The Game tops my list because they tried hard to make it a believable plot and it wasn't close - even by movie standards. It doesn't matter what you or others think as I'm sure there are some out there who feel it's the best movie ever made and many others such as you who think it was entertaining.

 

More so than any movie I've watched in the last 20 years, this one made me feel as though I had wasted 2 hours of my life. I'm glad you liked it though.

 

 
post #111 of 127
Octaman, by a mile.

My wife actually rented a tape of that movie and we've never let her hear the end of it. Anytime a bad movie is mentioned we bring up Octaman and she says "Ya'll are never going to let me forget that."
post #112 of 127
Anyone here see Deuces Wild? Wow, that movie was just awful. Easily one of the worst, if not the worst, mafia/gangster movies of all time. 
 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post


Hear that, it's the worlds smallest violin. Boo hoo.


I think its playing Beethoven's 5th......

 

Actually, it's playing this song:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post


Geez I just wasn't wowed by the movie that's all.......tis the season to be hurtful I suppose *sniffs*d1_bigcry.gif  

Hear that, it's the worlds smallest violin. Boo hoo.

 

 "Boo Hoo." OK, guy. 

post #113 of 127

I am actually surprised that nobody has mentioned any M. Night Shyamalan movies yet.  He has a pretty good (and by good, I mean consistent, not posivite) pattern on Rotten Tomatoes.  From oldest to newest:

 

The Sixth Sense ..... 85%

Unbreakable ........... 68%

Signs .....................  74%

The Village ............  43%

Lady In The Water .. 24%

The Happening ....... 17%

The Last Airbender .. 6%

After Earth ............... 11%

 

I'm kind of surprised, with that track record, that anybody wants to hire him as a director anymore.  Is it possible to get a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes?? :-P

 

I will say this though:  I think The Village gets a bit of a bad rap solely due to the "twist" at the end.  If people didn't like the movie at all, that's fine, but I feel like a lot of people probably enjoyed it until the twist was revealed then decided that was enough to override the quality up to that point.  To me, that's like when picky eaters try something like escargot or unagi and love it ... then are told that it's snails and eels, then say "oh, in that case, I don't like it."  I remember being quite compelled by the whole thing til then.  I will never forget how scared I was for the blind girl when those "monsters" were after her in the forest.  At the end, I was definitely like "really??  come on."  But that doesn't mean I wasn't entertained for the previous 1:45 or whatever.

post #114 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I am actually surprised that nobody has mentioned any M. Night Shyamalan movies yet.  He has a pretty good (and by good, I mean consistent, not posivite) pattern on Rotten Tomatoes.  From oldest to newest:

 

The Sixth Sense ..... 85%

Unbreakable ........... 68%

Signs .....................  74%

The Village ............  43%

Lady In The Water .. 24%

The Happening ....... 17%

The Last Airbender .. 6%

After Earth ............... 11%

 

I'm kind of surprised, with that track record, that anybody wants to hire him as a director anymore.  Is it possible to get a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes?? :-P

 

I will say this though:  I think The Village gets a bit of a bad rap solely due to the "twist" at the end.  If people didn't like the movie at all, that's fine, but I feel like a lot of people probably enjoyed it until the twist was revealed then decided that was enough to override the quality up to that point.  To me, that's like when picky eaters try something like escargot or unagi and love it ... then are told that it's snails and eels, then say "oh, in that case, I don't like it."  I remember being quite compelled by the whole thing til then.  I will never forget how scared I was for the blind girl when those "monsters" were after her in the forest.  At the end, I was definitely like "really??  come on."  But that doesn't mean I wasn't entertained for the previous 1:45 or whatever.

Sixth Sense was good, but I agree they got bad after that.

post #115 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

Sixth Sense was good, but I agree they got bad after that.

I forgot to say that the only ones I've seen are Sixth Sense and The Village.  I've been told that Unbreakable was pretty good by a few different people, so I'll check that out someday.  But the rest, probably not. ;)

 

The problem with his type of "It's all about the crazy twist at the end" movies is they are not re-watchable.  I thought TSS was fantastic, and have seen it all of ONE TIME, and also have about 0.000000000000000000000% desire to ever see it again.  It wouldn't be the same knowing the twist.

post #116 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

I am actually surprised that nobody has mentioned any M. Night Shyamalan movies yet.  He has a pretty good (and by good, I mean consistent, not posivite) pattern on Rotten Tomatoes.  From oldest to newest:

The Sixth Sense ..... 85%
Unbreakable ........... 68%
Signs .....................  74%
The Village ............  43%
Lady In The Water .. 24%
The Happening ....... 17%
The Last Airbender .. 6%
After Earth ............... 11%

I'm kind of surprised, with that track record, that anybody wants to hire him as a director anymore.  Is it possible to get a negative rating on Rotten Tomatoes?? b2_tongue.gif

I will say this though:  I think The Village gets a bit of a bad rap solely due to the "twist" at the end.  If people didn't like the movie at all, that's fine, but I feel like a lot of people probably enjoyed it until the twist was revealed then decided that was enough to override the quality up to that point.  To me, that's like when picky eaters try something like escargot or unagi and love it ... then are told that it's snails and eels, then say "oh, in that case, I don't like it."  I remember being quite compelled by the whole thing til then.  I will never forget how scared I was for the blind girl when those "monsters" were after her in the forest.  At the end, I was definitely like "really??  come on."  But that doesn't mean I wasn't entertained for the previous 1:45 or whatever.

I haven't seen a single one of those movies. z4_blink.gif
post #117 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


I haven't seen a single one of those movies. z4_blink.gif

 

Meh, I don't think you're missing much.

 

 

I heard The Last Airbender was really bad, worst ever bad,  love the TV show, but it made $300m+

 

http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=lastairbender.htm

post #118 of 127

All time worst movies I ever saw were, "This Christmas", and "Eyes Wide Shut".   My daughter was a big Chris Brown fan (before he beat women) so I had to sit through the entire movie.  I still have no idea what Eyes Wide Shut was about, if I was Tom Cruise I'd deny being in it.

post #119 of 127

Since there are just a few hours left until Christmas, here is possibly the worst Christmas movie ever:  Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964).  Anyone have their worst Christmas movie they'd be willing to share?

post #120 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfreuter415 View Post

Since there is just a few hours left until Christmas, here is possibly the worst Christmas movie ever:  Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964).  Anyone have their worst Christmas movie they'd be willing to share?


The Jim Carrey remake of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" was pretty awful.
post #121 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

The Jim Carrey remake of "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" was pretty awful.
we watched it the other night. I don't remember any previous versions to compare to, but it was mildly amusing.

I'd prefer to just watch Home Alone 2 and Christmas Vacation all month though. ;)
post #122 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 
I'd prefer to just watch Home Alone 2 and Christmas Vacation all month though. ;)

 

This

post #123 of 127

regarding M Night Shamalamadingdong's movies - i think he is a very talented director.  does he make bad decisions at times?  probably.

 

however, i think that Signs is a brilliant movie.  tense story, nice hitchcockian touches, wonderful score, humor...i also really liked Village.  the scene in the woods, even tho it has been already revealed to the viewer the truth about the "monsters" its still scary.  beautifully shot, amazing use of color.  Unbreakable is pretty cool, didnt care for the Mr Glass character, the other story about the family being held hostage was truly scary, riveting, disturbing.  really really dark theme.

post #124 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFan1983 View Post
 

Gotta agree with the others on the Lost in Translation hate, and this is coming from a big Murray fan (a fan to a fault some might say). Not enough happened in the story for me to enjoy it. Plus, throw in all the praise it got and that's a recipe for my inner movie hipster to start chugging the haterade. 

 

 

Based on the strength of your recommendation (an admitted Murray fan) decided to see it. Have to agree with the praise comment though. After watching it I read a dozen or so reviews and while a few seemed fine more than a few seemed pretty whacked out to me.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

 

Wow, I actually loved Lost in Translation, haven't seen it in a few years but have watched it a few times.

 

 

+1 I thought it was pretty well done and I liked it.

post #125 of 127

The Lone Ranger was a real stinker.

post #126 of 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tontj5 View Post
 

The Lone Ranger was a real stinker.


Hey @Tontj5, nice to see you out and about, outta yer shell!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Grill Room
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The 19th Hole › The Grill Room › Worst Movie of All time