or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Those of you that think Tiger is on steroids....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Those of you that think Tiger is on steroids.... - Page 2

post #19 of 112

Note, depends on how much he worked out before hand. If someone was working out who did it casually, then gets serious into heavy weight lifting will see dramatic changes. The size the body can grow in a short time is astounding. Look at football players in college. The change from year one to year two is always huge. In high school they have little knowledge. At Ohio State they have one guy who is dedicated to training and building football player's bodies the right way. You see those guys go from pretty good shape (Tiger pre 2009), to being big linebackers and running backs. It is possible, if you are dedicated enough. Any body who looks up muscle gain naturally finds that a person can easily put on 15-20 lbs of muscle in one year, and that drastically drops yearly till you can only get small gains from year to year due to your body's own limit. 

 

So before you start spouting about how "OMG HE GOT HUGE". It is very much possible depending on how work out routine before and after that he could have gotten that big. Also there are some other supplements out there that are not steroids that promote muscle growth as well. 

 

Also there is very little difference between the images. 

 

In the 2009 photo, he is looking up, which extends the neck forward, which makes it look like his neck is huge. His arms are not much bigger than in 2008. 2008 looks a lot like 2007. 

 

 

This is an image from 2006, I don't see anything you are saying. No man boobs

 

 

Here is another one. Look at the arms, not scrawny at all. Not as big as 2008 or 2009, but not drastic change. 

 

You seem to find a nice convenient image where his shirt clearly makes it look like he is scrawnier than he is.

post #20 of 112

So the woman with the kids is not the kids' mother?  But rather is Tiger's current gf? 

post #21 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post
 

So the woman with the kids is not the kids' mother?  But rather is Tiger's current gf? 

Yeah.. she's probably going to be the step-mom.. I think Tiger is really regretful for what he did and only wants the best for his kids.. Lindsey seems nice, too. IDK though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Note, depends on how much he worked out before hand. If someone was working out who did it casually, then gets serious into heavy weight lifting will see dramatic changes. The size the body can grow in a short time is astounding. Look at football players in college. The change from year one to year two is always huge. In high school they have little knowledge. At Ohio State they have one guy who is dedicated to training and building football player's bodies the right way. You see those guys go from pretty good shape (Tiger pre 2009), to being big linebackers and running backs. It is possible, if you are dedicated enough. Any body who looks up muscle gain naturally finds that a person can easily put on 15-20 lbs of muscle in one year, and that drastically drops yearly till you can only get small gains from year to year due to your body's own limit. 

 

So before you start spouting about how "OMG HE GOT HUGE". It is very much possible depending on how work out routine before and after that he could have gotten that big. Also there are some other supplements out there that are not steroids that promote muscle growth as well. 

 

Also there is very little difference between the images. 

 

In the 2009 photo, he is looking up, which extends the neck forward, which makes it look like his neck is huge. His arms are not much bigger than in 2008. 2008 looks a lot like 2007. 

 

 

This is an image from 2006, I don't see anything you are saying. No man boobs

 

 

Here is another one. Look at the arms, not scrawny at all. Not as big as 2008 or 2009, but not drastic change. 

 

You seem to find a nice convenient image where his shirt clearly makes it look like he is scrawnier than he is.

I just typed in "Tiger Woods 2006" and clicked the image most relevant to the other images. If you still look, he's way smaller in 2006 and 2007 than he was from 2008 to 2011.. you gott admit, it's just not physically possible to get that big in a year.. even in a couple years.

post #22 of 112
He wasn't that big in 2009
post #23 of 112
Let me chime in on this if I may.

I have seen in dozens of cases the results of steroids in professional athletes, and the difference is alarming. These differences in Tiger aren't close to drastic enough to support any claim of steroid use.

As a matter of fact, professional athletes who get after a proper weight training program with a solid diet can produce better gains than anything seen in those Tiger pictures.
post #24 of 112
Kelzzy if you want to see someone who really could be accused of what your saying look up a picture of clay Matthews from USC and then look up clay in the NFL. I think you're really reaching on steroid use. I know your not old enough to have seen Barry Bonds when he was playing but there's another example of what steroids really do. I don't think you really know what steroids do to an athlete.
post #25 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 

Yeah.. she's probably going to be the step-mom.. I think Tiger is really regretful for what he did and only wants the best for his kids.. Lindsey seems nice, too. IDK though.

I just typed in "Tiger Woods 2006" and clicked the image most relevant to the other images. If you still look, he's way smaller in 2006 and 2007 than he was from 2008 to 2011.. you gott admit, it's just not physically possible to get that big in a year.. even in a couple years.

Seems to me that most of the so-called differences between the various pictures are more a product of what he is wearing (e.g.,, sure he looks more bulked up when wearing a sweater over a thermal shirt compared to just a golf shirt) and how he is standing than any actual drastic changes in him.

post #26 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

Yeah.. she's probably going to be the step-mom.. I think Tiger is really regretful for what he did and only wants the best for his kids.. Lindsey seems nice, too. IDK though.
I just typed in "Tiger Woods 2006" and clicked the image most relevant to the other images. If you still look, he's way smaller in 2006 and 2007 than he was from 2008 to 2011.. you gott admit, it's just not physically possible to get that big in a year.. even in a couple years.
With the right training and diet (not to mention natural athleticism), it is definitely possible to gain that amount of muscle.
post #27 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Kelzzy if you want to see someone who really could be accused of what your saying look up a picture of clay Matthews from USC and then look up clay in the NFL. I think you're really reaching on steroid use. I know your not old enough to have seen Barry Bonds when he was playing but there's another example of what steroids really do. I don't think you really know what steroids do to an athlete.

 

Here are some articles about Steroids in order of believability:

 

1) http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/14/sports/baseball-taking-a-swing-with-steroids.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

 

2) http://www.menshealth.com/health/performance-enhancing-drugs/page/2

 

3) http://voices.yahoo.com/steroids-improve-hand-eye-coordination-ability-to-5271453.html?cat=14

 

The basic premise for the arguments that hand-eye coordination is improved by steroids might be being endorsed by the people selling steroids.

 

In short, steroids are the worst way to cheat and improve performance in any sport. Other than miscounting your score in the case of golf, or course. . .

post #28 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Tiger's legs (and mine) are one of the topics I've talked with him about. He was envious. I'd heard before that he is not a fan of his calves (or lack thereof), but whaddyagonnado?

 

Tell him you'll trade your legs for his 14 majors ;-)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 

I'mma go all out here..

 

You do realize the picture OP provided is a picture taken in 2013, correct? Most people I've met that believe Tiger Woods doped took it from his years in 2009. 

 

Is that the same people that told you that the 8 iron is the best club in a set?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post

 

Look at those guns! Sure, he could have hit the gym and bulked up. I wouldn't put it past a guy like Tiger to push himself to the limit, but bulking up that much, that fast?

 

Here's Tiger in 2005

 

 

We can play the picture game all you want.  Also remember that his style changed from about 2008, shirt sleeves got shorter, more tailored/slimmer fit.  Less of the "Freddy Couples" look.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac20 View Post


With the right training and diet (not to mention natural athleticism), it is definitely possible to gain that amount of muscle.

 

Absolutely and you can make changes (which I don't really think he did) in less than six months.

post #29 of 112

No on the steroids.

post #30 of 112

he's uber intense at everything he does - I'm sure he's a gym rat & busts his ass with his workout routine

post #31 of 112

I don't think he's roiding....I also don't care if he or any other golfer was. 

post #32 of 112

im guessing that people who say he took/takes steroids (like kelzzy) have never really done a weight lifting program on their own.  not having done that, they really should STFU.  ive been working out 3 times a week for all of my adult life.  i have a thin frame, and without much killing myself or uber intense lifting, my musculature is a lot more than what Tigs has got going on.  this is without any supplements whatsoever.  what tiger has is pretty paltry compared to real lifters who do it clean.

post #33 of 112
Thread Starter 
Kelzzy you have no clue. Muscle does not simply go away after quitting steroid use. It is clothes and video footage. Video is one of the major offenders. I know tiger is still training so your argument does not work.
post #34 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Kelzzy you have no clue. Muscle does not simply go away after quitting steroid use. It is clothes and video footage. Video is one of the major offenders. I know tiger is still training so your argument does not work.

 

100% correct. People just don't become thin if they give up steroids. 

 

Heck even depending on how many carbs you eat and water you eat, you can look bigger or smaller due to water weight. I believe that is an old trick of professional body builders who compete to make their muscles look bigger they increase the glycogen in the muscle and drink a lot of water to get them bigger. 

post #35 of 112

I can see tiger taking HGH or something to recover from his injuries, but I don't think he was trying to get stronger. Dustin Johnson and Bubba are nowhere near as strong as 2006 Tiger, but, as well all know, are longer. Bubba isn't that much younger than Tiger either.

 

Mark Cuban has made some interesting comments on HGH and the like for injury recovery. Essentially saying, he thinks there shouldn't be a strict ban on substances used for recovery. Obviously, he's bias as his business can be significantly impacted due to injuries. Nonetheless, is it cheating if I use a substance to recover from an injury more quickly? I know the policing would be impossible for sports where muscle mass truly matters, but golf? why not?

 

As for the muscle gains, one needs only look at Rory to see what can be done in a few months time.

post #36 of 112

They are also 4-5 inches taller than Tiger. The top 5 longest hitters are also the tallest on tour. 

 

Also height can hide bulk. Look at football players. You can get a 6'7" Defensive lineman who weights 270 lbs but is ripped. Then you get a 6'2" tall defensive lineman at 270, and he has a big gut. So height is misleading on bulk, especially if the person is lengthy. There are three body build types, and how people put on muscle and fat. If a person is lengthy, they can be very strong and not show it. 

 

The problem is what is the baseline for HGH usage as a recovery drug, rather than a muscle enhancement drug. That is the problem. I don't mind it being used to recover as a sports fan. I just don't think its going to be able to be regulated. Unless the the MLB or NFL says, "Ok we are going to have our people administer the shots, it is regulated, and you must perform a urine test each time." This way they can keep track of HGH levels, and if someone is taking some on the side, they are busted. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › Those of you that think Tiger is on steroids....