or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Intimidating colors for Final Round Golf
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intimidating colors for Final Round Golf - Page 3

post #37 of 53

Forget the color of your clothes and go with face paint.  Tribal face paint and fake biker / prison tats will definitely give you the edge you're looking for.

post #38 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajito64 View Post

i would go all black like Mickelson.


Long before Phil, Gary Player wore all black attire, thus came the nickname, "The Black Knight."

 

post #39 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 

Sup bros. I was thinking, "What is an intimidating color for the final round of golf, besides the obvious Tiger red?" 

Here are a couple of ideas...

 

1) Ian Poulter Pink

2) Duffy Waldorf's "Blue Hawaii"

3) John Daly's "Eye of the Tiger"

post #40 of 53

If you find the other outfits lacking a certain "pizzazz" that you were looking for, here's something to try.

12ianpoulter-totalprosports_display_image.jpg?1343590280

Shimmering gold never goes out of style, does it?

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post

If you find the other outfits lacking a certain "pizzazz" that you were looking for, here's something to try.
12ianpoulter-totalprosports_display_image.jpg?1343590280
Shimmering gold never goes out of style, does it?

Are we sure those aren't just bronze sculptures of Poulter?
post #42 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelzzy View Post
 

Sup bros. I was thinking, "What is an intimidating color for the final round of golf, besides the obvious Tiger red?" 

 

A dark yellow seems like a good choice, or possibly a black. I'm just looking for an intimating color that I can make a trademark as my own for the final round, like Tiger Red.

 

Looking forward to your responses!

 

 

No such thing.  I couldn't care less what someone wears for the first round or the last.  No matter what he wears, when I'm paired with the guy who who steps up to the first tee and slices his ball 30 yards out of bounds, any possible intimidation is gone.  He could be wearing cargo shorts and a worn out polo with frayed sleeves, but if he stripes that first shot 280 down the middle, then I'm going to pay attention.

post #43 of 53

I like the all black idea.  Maybe throw in a silver belt buckle and black straw hat.  But you better have the game to go with the look.

 

Like many posters, what someone wears in large part means little to me.  That being said, however, I certainly think there are some people/golfers who might be negatively influenced by a competitor's clothing.  Certainly not at the PGA Tour level and not even very often at low level amateur events, but it does happen.  I have played with people who certainly act nervous when playing with a stranger (not me) who dresses in a way that says, "I'm good".

 

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet.  The intimidation factor quickly swings to humor.  Better to dress for comfort and not to send others a message.

post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn1952 View Post

 

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet.  The intimidation factor quickly swings to humor.  Better to dress for comfort and not to send others a message.


This.

I find it a difficult juggling act as when I don't dress well I lack confidence on the course. When I do dress well but my game is bad I become acutely aware that I look the part but can't play and am garnering amused looks from other players. That then has a knock-on effect where I try harder to pay well and play worse because of it. lol

I tend to try and dress well but understated to avoid those situations nowadays.

post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfreuter415 View Post
 


Long before Phil, Gary Player wore all black attire, thus came the nickname, "The Black Knight."

 


That's what I usually wear in cool weather. Can't say that there's any intimidation though. :-D 

 

Even if there was any intimidation it would pretty much go out the window with the first look at my swing.   

post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkuehn1952 View Post

 

Of course the problem with dressing in a way that says "I'm good" is when the player then proceeds to top his first drive 50 feet. 

 

Like to deliberately work that into my strategy. Top the first drive short of the ladies tee and they're all: "Pants down, dick out!" So I oblige -- and then they're really intimidated.

 

 :banana: 

post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
 

 

Like to deliberately work that into my strategy. Top the first drive short of the ladies tee and they're all: "Pants down, dick out!" So I oblige -- and then they're really intimidated.

 

 :banana: 

Ha!  Well said.

post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfreuter415 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lajito64 View Post

i would go all black like Mickelson.


Long before Phil, Gary Player wore all black attire, thus came the nickname, "The Black Knight."

 

 

 

And for evidence of that you post an image from a game? ;-)

 

Something like this photo of the Big Three might have been a better choice:

 

 

Or this:

 

post #49 of 53
I'll be wearing a black sweater with a white nike polo and black pants with one of the old style flat caps every final round for the rest of my life. Gotta the love the white flat caps!
post #50 of 53

I think the colors make work more for the wearer than be intimidating to the competition.  The OP mentioned colors to wear in an interview.  I am far more interested in the person than what they are wearing.  When I interview people to hire, I look for eye contact, communication skills and personality.  I rarely care what they are wearing as long as they are not a slob.

 

I had a college friend who was at the placement center in school in jeans and a tee shirt.  He had an interview with Kodak in the afternoon.  They called his name early.  He was terrified and said to the recruiter, "But I am not wearing a suit."  The recruiter replied, "That's OK.  We don't hire the suit."  He was hired and spent a long career there.

 

I only note what others are wearing at the first tee if I think they will be over or underdressed for the weather.

post #51 of 53

Purple seems to do it.

post #52 of 53

I see you more in this outfit @Ernest Jones 

 

post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post
 

I see you more in this outfit @Ernest Jones 

 

Gasp...:drool:...I've completely forgotten what we were talking about.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Intimidating colors for Final Round Golf