Originally Posted by Lihu
This last month every round has seen vast improvements to my long game.
I hope to continue to improve my long game improvements with keys 1,2 and 3, and properly learn keys 4 and 5. Need drastic improvement on my short game. Will start to devote at least 35% to short game.
Plan to play more courses, hope to be able to play any of the courses in So. Cal. without losing more than 1 sleeve per round (felt good playing San Dimas Canyon and losing only 2 balls OB my first time playing). Get my official handicap by turning in cards for the last month along with new rounds with my hoped to be improved short game. Single digits? Who knows, but I know it will be a fun new year of golf for me.
Amending this goal, because I think I can get more serious about real goals.
From the time of this last post and now, I have done quite bit. I made the last of any equipment changes which will not change until these goals are met. I have also setup a camera (30fps), so I can post more videos on my swing thread to get advice and comments.
My goals this year (possibly bleeding into the next, or more) are to:
1) Solidify my drives (straighter and less than 10% fades/slices (learn to draw), stay relaxed and develop the same feel)
Will work seriously on this the next month or two to the year end. Getting there, but I still have the fade when I get tired. Direction also is something I need to solidify through Keys 4 and 5 with the driver, but that might take another couple years or so.
2) Solidify all my irons up to 9i to at least 60% consistency in distance and direction (6 out of 10 shots within +/-5 yards on the course)
Working on keys 3 to 5 with the shorter irons.
Next month or two.
3) Start hitting 8i to 6i to at least 50% consistency (5 out of 10 shots within +/-10 yards on the course)
Working on keys 1 and 2 on the longer irons.
Starting in another 3 months till mid year, then maybe advance to keys 3 and 4?
5i and 4i are hoped to be for next year.
4) Start hitting 18 and 21 degree Hybrids to at least 50% consistency (5 out of 10 shots within +/-15 yards on the course)
Starting on keys 3 and 4 with the hybrids.
Starting in another 5 months till year end.
5) Learn to pitch and chip properly
Working on keys 3 to 5, and method of 12 (need to find an instructor for this?). Working on plowing through rough and Bermuda grass with a consistent stroke. Plan (maybe pushed to next year) to learn to compensate for rough depth.
Starting now, but figure it will take me a year or more to learn this properly.
6) Learn to use the 50 and 60 degree more effectively
Starting in another 4 months or so, will take a look after I get goal 2.
7) Start to learn Aimpoint for better putting
Starting next month.
In short, get to 2.25 keys with a commensurate short game. No handicap goals this year, since there is a lot to learn.
Edited by Lihu - 1/27/14 at 12:13pm