or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 24

post #415 of 934
Well there you go..... c2_beer.gif


d2_doh.gif
post #416 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreen85 View Post
 


ever think he wants to figure this out on his own? everyone knows there's a quicker way, but there's some fun in the process and pride in saying "I got to X.X handicap on my own." i hope many of the posters here aren't/weren't like this with their kids.

 

Trust me, it's not as much fun as it sounds.  Golf is definitely a sport where practicing aimlessly usually can do as much harm as good.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Well there you go..... c2_beer.gif


d2_doh.gif

 

lol...

post #417 of 934
Thread Starter 
I worked on only driver and 3 wood today and pretended I was playing a round 14 shots which driver. Marked how many fairways hit. Then 14 with 3 wood and marked it and so forth. Never got 14/14 but did get 13/14 with 3 wood once and a couple 12/14 with driver and 3 wood so it was kinda fun
post #418 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Just got back from the drive range. Figured a lot out. Can't wait for my next round

Not to burst your bubble or anything as I know you want everyone to just clap their hands, but if I had a dime every time i told my friend hey I figured it out and then went to the course and stunk it up again I would be rich!

I'm just going to say this as a reminder to myself and then to anyone else who wants to improve, there are no silver bullets in golf.. You don't just figure things out! I actually think the opposite, until someone realizes that change is an incremental thing that requires hard work, you are less likely to make any changes..

I will say this last thing, I would be willing to bet that if you taped your self at this last range session and compared your swing to one from the last time you played or to the range session previous to that you will be very hard pressed to find any changes what so ever!
post #419 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Just got back from the drive range. Figured a lot out. Can't wait for my next round

          So you worked on the drills Mike showed you?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I worked on only driver and 3 wood today and pretended I was playing a round 14 shots which driver. Marked how many fairways hit. Then 14 with 3 wood and marked it and so forth. Never got 14/14 but did get 13/14 with 3 wood once and a couple 12/14 with driver and 3 wood so it was kinda fun

         :surrender:

post #420 of 934
Thread Starter 
I slowed down my swing and now I hit it just as far and straight. But I guess i shouldn't have posted about practicing on here because this is not my swing thread. And I believe you can just figure stuff out. I tried some stuff. I saw results. I worked on it to become more consistent and that is what I plan to do. I'm hitting it straight 90% of the time and I would like to work on it and practice so that I can be very consistent
post #421 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I slowed down my swing and now I hit it just as far and straight. But I guess i shouldn't have posted about practicing on here because this is not my swing thread. And I believe you can just figure stuff out. I tried some stuff. I saw results. I worked on it to become more consistent and that is what I plan to do. I'm hitting it straight 90% of the time and I would like to work on it and practice so that I can be very consistent

Will you break 85 in your next outing IYOP? I mean you did just shoot 100 didn't ya? I can't imagine that the issue is TEMPO or slowing the swing down what ever that means! If you confirm later on that you are shooting in the low 80 because of this I will be the first to start sending you PMs to help me slow my swing down too!

Good luck
post #422 of 934

I think I might understand what you mean when you say you "slow down" your swing . . . a slower take away into and a SMOOTHER overall motion through the ball? Makes sense, and I've found it helps me get better contact with 3W and D as well.

post #423 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu3baid View Post

Will you break 85 in your next outing IYOP? I mean you did just shoot 100 didn't ya? I can't imagine that the issue is TEMPO or slowing the swing down what ever that means! If you confirm later on that you are shooting in the low 80 because of this I will be the first to start sending you PMs to help me slow my swing down too!

Good luck
I don't know. I'd except to shoot high 80's next time but am shooting for low 80's. I don't think slowing and smoothing out my swing is a fix all but I think it's a step in the right direction for me. I have an issue with tournaments which is why I shot a 100. I've never been in a tournament for anything and it's a completely new experience for me. Idk if that has something to do with it or what
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post

I think I might understand what you mean when you say you "slow down" your swing . . . a slower take away into and a SMOOTHER overall motion through the ball? Makes sense, and I've found it helps me get better contact with 3W and D as well.
Ya if I slow down I make much better contact just like taking a practice swing but the ball there. I stopped trying to hit the ball and just swing. I will let everyone know what I shoot at black gold golf club in Yorba Linda next week. I've never played there but have hear good things
post #424 of 934

Good luck! As one of my clients told me once, "Black Gold doesn't lie." It's not the longest course in the world, but it will punish you for your bad approaches, and the greens can be a nightmare for a first timer. I would estimate that playing the course a second time is worth 5 strokes alone. Don't feel bad if you don't break 90 there.

post #425 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

And I believe you can just figure stuff out.

 

Okay, you keep believing.

 

Meanwhile, while you're believing that you can figure it out, I'd like you to set a realistic goal for your next tournament.  I mean something narrow and specific.  How about hitting 10 fairways?  You said you had a great session with your Driver/3w, and you figured something out, right?  You nearly hit every imaginary fairway on the driving range.  Great.  Now, instead of shooting for big-picture, all-encompassing goals, narrow it down to something specific and measurable other than a score that you haven't come close to yet.  That way you can start charting some progress...and perhaps stop simply believing.  

 

What say you?

post #426 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post
 

 

Okay, you keep believing.

 

Meanwhile, while you're believing that you can figure it out, I'd like you to set a realistic goal for your next tournament.  I mean something narrow and specific.  How about hitting 10 fairways?  You said you had a great session with your Driver/3w, and you figured something out, right?  You nearly hit every imaginary fairway on the driving range.  Great.  Now, instead of shooting for big-picture, all-encompassing goals, narrow it down to something specific and measurable other than a score that you haven't come close to yet.  That way you can start charting some progress...and perhaps stop simply believing.  

 

What say you?

ok well my next tournament is PGA West (Stadium and Nicklaus Course) i have heard they are hard courses so here will be my guesstimates. also i don't understand your sarcasm I'm your post. i guess i just see things different

 

9/14-8/14 FIR

7/18-6/18 GIR

33-31 Putts

scores: 91-93

post #427 of 934
Thread Starter 

also i track all my stats month to month to see progress in an area...

post #428 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I slowed down my swing and now I hit it just as far and straight. But I guess i shouldn't have posted about practicing on here because this is not my swing thread. And I believe you can just figure stuff out. I tried some stuff. I saw results. I worked on it to become more consistent and that is what I plan to do. I'm hitting it straight 90% of the time and I would like to work on it and practice so that I can be very consistent


And if you have another bad day at your next tournament what will that say about all the things you "figured out". Hitting it straight 90% or what means nothing on the range if it doesn't find it's way to the course right? You need to come to the realization that your not going to be able to reach your goals with a method of jumping from one thing to the next if it doesn't give instant results Kyle, a lot of times changes will cause regression and I can tell you don't like that in the least but until you accept that focusing your practice on 1 or 2 things only and stick with it for a significant amount of time is the only way to make improvements in this game. Your no different than lots of golfers that always try to find that 1 thing that pushes them to the next level and I'm guilty as well but in the end I gave in and decided diligent focused practice on just a couple things at a time was the only way to get any better and it worked for me and it can work for you, just stop trying so hard to analyze everything about your golf game and just keep your focus on the drills that Mike and Erik gave you, the scores will take care of themselves.

post #429 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flopster View Post
 


And if you have another bad day at your next tournament what will that say about all the things you "figured out". Hitting it straight 90% or what means nothing on the range if it doesn't find it's way to the course right? You need to come to the realization that your not going to be able to reach your goals with a method of jumping from one thing to the next if it doesn't give instant results Kyle, a lot of times changes will cause regression and I can tell you don't like that in the least but until you accept that focusing your practice on 1 or 2 things only and stick with it for a significant amount of time is the only way to make improvements in this game. Your no different than lots of golfers that always try to find that 1 thing that pushes them to the next level and I'm guilty as well but in the end I gave in and decided diligent focused practice on just a couple things at a time was the only way to get any better and it worked for me and it can work for you, just stop trying so hard to analyze everything about your golf game and just keep your focus on the drills that Mike and Erik gave you, the scores will take care of themselves.

i honestly don't know why my tournaments are so terrible. it is very frustrating. i haven't figured everything out obviously or i would be shooting in the 60's in my casual rounds. i do watch some of the videos in the link erik sent a few pages back and practice often. I'm hoping to play in some SCGA event since they are cheaper and maybe get more tournaments in to calm the nerves or whatever is going on with me in tournament play.

post #430 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

ok well my next tournament is PGA West (Stadium and Nicklaus Course) i have heard they are hard courses so here will be my guesstimates. also i don't understand your sarcasm I'm your post. i guess i just see things different

 

9/14-8/14 FIR

7/18-6/18 GIR

33-31 Putts

scores: 91-93

Don't expect too much as far as score goes at the tournament. The Stadium course is VERY difficult to the point of being unfair and the Nick Tournament course isn't much easier.

post #431 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post
 

Don't expect too much as far as score goes at the tournament. The Stadium course is VERY difficult to the point of being unfair and the Nick Tournament course isn't much easier.

lol well that sounds fun. haha I'm hoping to play some practice rounds there so i can at least see the course first

post #432 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

i honestly don't know why my tournaments are so terrible. it is very frustrating. i haven't figured everything out obviously or i would be shooting in the 60's in my casual rounds. i do watch some of the videos in the link erik sent a few pages back and practice often. I'm hoping to play in some SCGA event since they are cheaper and maybe get more tournaments in to calm the nerves or whatever is going on with me in tournament play.


It's simple, your swing is not reliable under pressure maybe a little bit of nerves but I doubt it, I'm sorry to be that blunt but it's the truth. I saw the videos and there are numerous issues that are going to take real time and effort to undo but it can be done if you keep your focus on just a few things at a time. When you say my driver does this or my 3 wood does that so I think I'll go figure this out at the range you need to realize nothing can be done to fix the issues your talking about with a couple buckets. I'm being nice when I say this remember, but you need to get simple with your practice and work only on the drills Mike and Erik gave you and nothing else.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread