or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 34

post #595 of 934
Thread Starter 

well tomorrow I'm playing the westin mission hills player course. Wo0t!

post #596 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

well tomorrow I'm playing the westin mission hills player course. Wo0t!

What are your goals for this round?

post #597 of 934
Thread Starter 

id like to not have any penalty strokes and hit more than 5 greens.also i'd really like not to chip twice on the same hole lol

post #598 of 934
You should record an entire round on your phone and put it on YouTube. Dont worry about angles just try to put your phone far enough away to see your whole body and swing.-No super-close crotch-shot only sections please.

Be even better if you tell the camera what happened to the shot before you stop filming.
post #599 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

You should record an entire round on your phone and put it on YouTube. Dont worry about angles just try to put your phone far enough away to see your whole body and swing.-No super-close crotch-shot only sections please.

Be even better if you tell the camera what happened to the shot before you stop filming.

i tried that at oak quarry with a camera and tripod and the starter went nuts haha. if I'm not paired up with anyone i would love to do that. maybe i should have my girlfriend call off work to record me hahaha

post #600 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

i tried that at oak quarry with a camera and tripod and the starter went nuts haha. if I'm not paired up with anyone i would love to do that. maybe i should have my girlfriend call off work to record me hahaha

 

:doh:

post #601 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

id like to not have any penalty strokes and hit more than 5 greens.also i'd really like not to chip twice on the same hole lol

Those are good goals for the round.
post #602 of 934
Thread Starter 
Well I'm here on the 13th hole and let's just say the goals will not be met lol
post #603 of 934
Thread Starter 
Well. Pretty frustrated after that. I think after Tuesdays round I'm not going to play again until I set up a lesson with @mvmac I shot a 50-50 100. Hit 5 fairways 4 greens 37 putts and 6 penalty strokes
post #604 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Well. Pretty frustrated after that. I think after Tuesdays round I'm not going to play again until I set up a lesson with @mvmac I shot a 50-50 100. Hit 5 fairways 4 greens 37 putts and 6 penalty strokes

 

Cool. You won't regret.

post #605 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

Cool. You won't regret.

 

 

Ditto !!

post #606 of 934
Thread Starter 
Ya I really can't wait. I'm happy my tax return came early. It's looking like next Wednesday I'll meet with them.


As for today. I was swing further left than ever and therefore crazy fades and slices and no distance. 20 yards short on irons and up to 50 yards shorter on my driver. I kinda think mila big issue with today was confidence. There was hardly any rough. It was either fairway to water or fairway to house so since I lack confidence in my swing I was so afraid of slicing I swung left which of course causes a slice so ya. Plus the greens were crazy fast and everything looked flat lol
post #607 of 934
Thread Starter 

well tomorrow is my last round before my lesson with mike and dana. goals are to hit 7 fairways, 5 greens, less than 34 putts, max 1 penalty stroke. i'll be playing at soboba

post #608 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

well tomorrow is my last round before my lesson with mike and dana. goals are to hit 7 fairways, 5 greens, less than 34 putts, max 1 penalty stroke. i'll be playing at soboba

 

Good luck, and have fun.

 

One comment on your goals......it's time for you to view ANY penalty strokes as unacceptable.  Ditto 3-putts.

 

Don't sell yourself short.   :beer:

post #609 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Good luck, and have fun.

 

One comment on your goals......it's time for you to view ANY penalty strokes as unacceptable.  Ditto 3-putts.

 

Don't sell yourself short.   :beer:

Yeah I think a good but ambitious goal for Kyle to shoot for is 6 greens, and no penalty strokes or 3 putts.

post #610 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Yeah I think a good but ambitious goal for Kyle to shoot for is 6 greens, and no penalty strokes or 3 putts.

 

Add one more......no triples.  Completely unacceptable.

post #611 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post
 

Yeah I think a good but ambitious goal for Kyle to shoot for is 6 greens, and no penalty strokes or 3 putts.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

Add one more......no triples.  Completely unacceptable.

 

 

Agree on both. Instead of focusing on the end score. Focus on the micro parts of the game that make up the score. 

post #612 of 934
Thread Starter 

those are great ideas. ya i normally average 2 3 putts a round and 1 triple. i usually have about 2 penalty strokes at soboba so i'll focus more on those goals as opposed to score. thank you everyone for that

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread