or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 41

post #721 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post


That's awesome you are hitting more greens. That's a huge struggle in my game. I average about 5 a round. I'd love to improve that so I think I'm going to try the slow motion to make sure I'm in the right position.


You should really do what Mike and Erik have been trying to tell you. I am only adding something that helped me.

 

Remember that the only person you need to impress is yourself.

post #722 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

That's awesome you are hitting more greens. That's a huge struggle in my game. I average about 5 a round. I'd love to improve that so I think I'm going to try the slow motion to make sure I'm in the right position.

 

Slow motion is not "to make sure you're in the right direction."

 

Slow motion IS THE DIRECTION.

 

Simple, Specific, Slow, Short, and Success - The Five "S"s of Great Practice

 

You need to treat every practice session almost exactly like your lesson. Just because you know what to do doesn't mean you can DO IT immediately. It's going to take you months, and that's IF you practice properly. If you don't, there is no time scale, because it's basically infinite.

post #723 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Went to the range. Nothing went right. Contemplating selling the dang clubs. Might take awhile off

You need to a take  "awhile" off this site and do what you say you are going to do.

You have got expert instructors spending huge amounts of time giving you detailed and presumably FREE responses to your seemingly hourly updates.

has it occurred to you that the changes you are looking for do not happen overnight? The instructors suggest something that is part of a process and you instantly claim that it works or that you can't hit the ball at all.

You are neither playing nor practising properly and looking for results in the wrong places.

It's like a beginner saying thaey made a 40 foot putt and then claiming their putting is improving and then wondering why they had 40 putts the next day.

 

Has it ocurred to you how much individual attention you are being given here? Your only responses seem to be snappy one liners.

Were you my student I would have lost patience weeks ago - yet you persist and they graciously humour you.

Take adavantage of what you are being offered here. Follow their advice and do it meticulously. You might well improve.

The "poor me" self-centredness of your posts is wearing thin. You have had more personal attention than anyone on the history of this site and you don't even seem to acknowledge it. 

My opinion, nothing more.

post #724 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

You need to a take  "awhile" off this site and do what you say you are going to do.

You have got expert instructors spending huge amounts of time giving you detailed and presumably FREE responses to your seemingly hourly updates.

has it occurred to you that the changes you are looking for do not happen overnight? The instructors suggest something that is part of a process and you instantly claim that it works or that you can't hit the ball at all.

You are neither playing nor practising properly and looking for results in the wrong places.

It's like a beginner saying thaey made a 40 foot putt and then claiming their putting is improving and then wondering why they had 40 putts the next day.

 

Has it ocurred to you how much individual attention you are being given here? Your only responses seem to be snappy one liners.

Were you my student I would have lost patience weeks ago - yet you persist and they graciously humour you.

Take adavantage of what you are being offered here. Follow their advice and do it meticulously. You might well improve.

The "poor me" self-centredness of your posts is wearing thin. You have had more personal attention than anyone on the history of this site and you don't even seem to acknowledge it.

My opinion, nothing more.

 

@Shorty, I still miss the cat......

post #725 of 934
I, personally, am glad to see @Shorty is still alive and kicking. I miss seeing him give folks a peace of his mind.
b2_tongue.gif
post #726 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

. . .

 

 

Pretty much agree with what you said.

All I can say is, welcome back. :dance: , and your new cat definitely looks "grumpy".

post #727 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

I, personally, am glad to see @Shorty is still alive and kicking. I miss seeing him give folks a peace of his mind.
b2_tongue.gif

Agree.  It gives me piece of mind to see that he's back. :bugout:

post #728 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Agree.  It gives me piece of mind to see that he's back. g2_eek.gif
Irregardless of his trademark grumpiness.
c3_clap.gif
Ok, I'll stop now.
post #729 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

You need to a take  "awhile" off this site and do what you say you are going to do.

You have got expert instructors spending huge amounts of time giving you detailed and presumably FREE responses to your seemingly hourly updates.

has it occurred to you that the changes you are looking for do not happen overnight? The instructors suggest something that is part of a process and you instantly claim that it works or that you can't hit the ball at all.

You are neither playing nor practising properly and looking for results in the wrong places.

It's like a beginner saying thaey made a 40 foot putt and then claiming their putting is improving and then wondering why they had 40 putts the next day.

 

Has it ocurred to you how much individual attention you are being given here? Your only responses seem to be snappy one liners.

Were you my student I would have lost patience weeks ago - yet you persist and they graciously humour you.

Take adavantage of what you are being offered here. Follow their advice and do it meticulously. You might well improve.

The "poor me" self-centredness of your posts is wearing thin. You have had more personal attention than anyone on the history of this site and you don't even seem to acknowledge it. 

My opinion, nothing more.

i honestly do not intend to play the poor me card. i really use this thread as venting and bouncing ideas off others. i appreciate everything everyone has done for me and i really didn't think about all the attention i have gotten from others until @Lihu pointed it out. i am truly grateful for that. i never meant to sound ungrateful or self centered. i hope moving forward i can move away from that view from others and get that stigma away from me. 

post #730 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

i honestly do not intend to play the poor me card. i really use this thread as venting and bouncing ideas off others. i appreciate everything everyone has done for me and i really didn't think about all the attention i have gotten from others until @Lihu
 pointed it out. i am truly grateful for that. i never meant to sound ungrateful or self centered. i hope moving forward i can move away from that view from others and get that stigma away from me. 
Just do us all a favour and put the effort into the pieces you've been given. Heavy accent on given!!! I've received great instruction from these guys but have paid a considerable amount of money for it, so you can understand how insanely frustrating it is to the rest of us to see you not put the effort into the instruction that was GIFTED to you!

Now, to be clear, I don't begrudge you at all for getting for free what I have had to pay for, in fact I think it's cool that these guys have dished out so much free info. What I will, and do, begrudge is the fact that you seem to be wasting it.

Like your reversion back to a shitty posture! Like seriously, what the **** was that??? Stop ****ing around and get with the program.

As harsh as that all seems, I wish you well. Golf is SUPER HARD but so God Damn ****ing rewarding that I only wish the best for all of us fools who have succumbed to its siren song. Now stop dicking around and get to work. Hit 100 shitty shots where you actually executed your piece well, the ball flight will fix itself if you keep working on your piece. In fact, crappy ball flights may very well be the best indication that you are actually changing your swing. Once the changes become more natural you WILL find the ball again but forget about the God Damn ball for now and execute your piece and verify that you have with a camera EVERY session.

To quote Iacas (I think), don't practice till you get it right, practice till you CAN'T GET IT WRONG.

Edit* just wanted to add something to make clear that I understand where you're at and how hard it is to embrace the shitty ball striking that comes with changes; when I was working on key#1 way back when, I was routinely hitting the ground 6 inches behind the ball, my weight shift had gone to shit but I stuck with it and once I got used to my head not moving around all willy nilly the weight shift came back all by itself and I'm a better player for it. There will be growing pains but it's natural. So ask yourself, do you want to be stuck with the same flawed swing forever or do you want to evolve??
Edited by Ernest Jones - 4/14/14 at 8:08pm
post #731 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Hit 100 shitty shots where you actually executed your piece well, the ball flight will fix itself if you keep working on your piece. In fact, crappy ball flights may very well be the best indication that you are actually changing your swing. Once the changes become more natural you WILL find the ball again but forget about the God Damn ball for now and execute your piece and verify that you have with a camera EVERY session.

To quote Iacas (I think), don't practice till you get it right, practice till you CAN'T GET IT WRONG.

Agree with every ****ing word of his post but just wanted to comment on this piece.  There have been several times when I've been at the range and I get excited when I hit a shank.  You heard that right.  I hit the worst possible shot in golf, (the one some people are afraid to say the name of for some odd reason - shank, shank, shankitty, shank, shank) and I am encouraged.  Why?  Because I know things are changing.  My worst misses tend to be on the toe.  The reason why I don't always hit it on the toe is because I have been doing it for so long that I have some "cheat codes" built into my swing to compensate for what I'm doing wrong that leads to the toe hits.  So when I'm working on something to help fix my swing and I hit a shank, it means something is changing.  If something is changing, then that's a good thing!

post #732 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


Just do us all a favour and put the effort into the pieces you've been given. Heavy accent on given!!! I've received great instruction from these guys but have paid a considerable amount of money for it, so you can understand how insanely frustrating it is to the rest of us to see you not put the effort into the instruction that was GIFTED to you!

Now, to be clear, I don't begrudge you at all for getting for free what I have had to pay for, in fact I think it's cool that these guys have dished out so much free info. What I will, and do, begrudge is the fact that you seem to be wasting it.

Like your reversion back to a shitty posture! Like seriously, what the **** was that??? Stop ****ing around and get with the program.

As harsh as that all seems, I wish you well. Golf is SUPER HARD but so God Damn ****ing rewarding that I only wish the best for all of us fools who have succumbed to its siren song. Now stop dicking around and get to work. Hit 100 shitty shots where you actually executed your piece well, the ball flight will fix itself if you keep working on your piece. In fact, crappy ball flights may very well be the best indication that you are actually changing your swing. Once the changes become more natural you WILL find the ball again but forget about the God Damn ball for now and execute your piece and verify that you have with a camera EVERY session.

To quote Iacas (I think), don't practice till you get it right, practice till you CAN'T GET IT WRONG.

Edit* just wanted to add something to make clear that I understand where you're at and how hard it is to embrace the shitty ball striking that comes with changes; when I was working on key#1 way back when, I was routinely hitting the ground 6 inches behind the ball, my weight shift had gone to shit but I stuck with it and once I got used to my head not moving around all willy nilly the weight shift came back all by itself and I'm a better player for it. There will be growing pains but it's natural. So ask yourself, do you want to be stuck with the same flawed swing forever or do you want to evolve??

yes i agree. its actually funny you mentioned hitting the ball 6 inches behind the ball cuz i was doing that for a bit. maybe since I'm trying to force myself to shift my weight its throwing something else off. i will be posting a video tomorrow night. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Agree with every ****ing word of his post but just wanted to comment on this piece.  There have been several times when I've been at the range and I get excited when I hit a shank.  You heard that right.  I hit the worst possible shot in golf, (the one some people are afraid to say the name of for some odd reason - shank, shank, shankitty, shank, shank) and I am encouraged.  Why?  Because I know things are changing.  My worst misses tend to be on the toe.  The reason why I don't always hit it on the toe is because I have been doing it for so long that I have some "cheat codes" built into my swing to compensate for what I'm doing wrong that leads to the toe hits.  So when I'm working on something to help fix my swing and I hit a shank, it means something is changing.  If something is changing, then that's a good thing!

i never really thought of the bad things coming as change. i just thought i did something wrong. that really is a good way to look at it and not get down on myself like i tend to do. i did hit a couple shanks at the range which i haven't done in a bit

post #733 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

i never really thought of the bad things coming as change. i just thought i did something wrong. that really is a good way to look at it and not get down on myself like i tend to do. i did hit a couple shanks at the range which i haven't done in a bit
Exactly, you've learned how to hit the ball relatively well with a shitty swing, now you need to relearn how to hit the ball with a better swing. You'll need to relearn to hit the ball with a better swing over and over again if you want to get to scratch. Look at how crappy (relatively speaking) Tiger has been hitting the ball during swing changes. You're going through the same thing albeit on a much different scale.

When I went to see Erik in PA, he stressed that I need to resist the temptation to obtain better immediate results at the expense of long term improvement. I have had to embrace the "big ass push" because that's the road I need to travel to get to a reliable push-draw, and you know what? It's getting better every time I swing.
post #734 of 934

@KyleAnthony, please describe, in detail, how you intend to hit the next 100 to 1000 to 10,000 golf balls when you get the chance to practice.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

Exactly, you've learned how to hit the ball relatively well with a shitty swing, now you need to relearn how to hit the ball with a better swing. You'll need to relearn to hit the ball with a better swing over and over again if you want to get to scratch. Look at how crappy (relatively speaking) Tiger has been hitting the ball during swing changes. You're going through the same thing albeit on a much different scale.

 

Kyle, look at this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/43987/my-swing-iacas/54#post_659510 .

 

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post

When I went to see Erik in PA, he stressed that I need to resist the temptation to obtain better immediate results at the expense of long term improvement. I have had to embrace the "big ass push" because that's the road I need to travel to get to a reliable push-draw, and you know what? It's getting better every time I swing.

 

And you're practicing properly. Lots of drills.

 

The practice range IS FOR PRACTICE. There's no scoring, and if there was, we would be scored on how well we PRACTICED.

 

Anyone can be a scratch handicap practicer, if you know what I mean.

post #735 of 934

Love this thread lol...seriously there is some GREAT advice throughout. It's also unbelievably funny, to me, how worked up and angry people get at Kyle lol. Please keep this thread alive!

post #736 of 934

yes, I have never seen a thread this long on ANY message board(I frequent college football boards and music ones a lot more than golf).  Kyle Anthony, is that you're face on you're avaitar? doesn't look like you at all. Btw, just curious...how old are you? this dude is a message board legend! haha...

post #737 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@KyleAnthony, please describe, in detail, how you intend to hit the next 100 to 1000 to 10,000 golf balls when you get the chance to practice.

 

 

Kyle, look at this: http://thesandtrap.com/t/43987/my-swing-iacas/54#post_659510 .

 

 

 

And you're practicing properly. Lots of drills.

 

The practice range IS FOR PRACTICE. There's no scoring, and if there was, we would be scored on how well we PRACTICED.

 

Anyone can be a scratch handicap practicer, if you know what I mean.

good read. i'll reference a little more too but i think I'm going to embrace the swing not the result

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

Love this thread lol...seriously there is some GREAT advice throughout. It's also unbelievably funny, to me, how worked up and angry people get at Kyle lol. Please keep this thread alive!

haha well thank you

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando38 View Post
 

yes, I have never seen a thread this long on ANY message board(I frequent college football boards and music ones a lot more than golf).  Kyle Anthony, is that you're face on you're avaitar? doesn't look like you at all. Btw, just curious...how old are you? this dude is a message board legend! haha...

yes thats me in my avatar. I'm 26 haha good to be a "legend" on here hahaha

post #738 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@KyleAnthony, please describe, in detail, how you intend to hit the next 100 to 1000 to 10,000 golf balls when you get the chance to practice.

 

You seem to have missed that part.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread