or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 42

post #739 of 934

I knew you were a young guy, wasn't sure if that was you in you're avitar. Btw, I was also wondering, do you do any type of strength training?

post #740 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

You seem to have missed that part.

oops. to be honest I'm a little scared of my full swing so I'm going to head to the driving range and hit 3/4 a bucket just drills mike and dana showed me. i'll be posting a video tonight. i think until, like you said, i can do my drills properly i really shouldn't be moving on to constant full swings. because the range is for practice. so thats what i need to start using it as

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando38 View Post
 

I knew you were a young guy, wasn't sure if that was you in you're avitar. Btw, I was also wondering, do you do any type of strength training?

no I'm pretty weak, just a little fat now haha. i need to go to the gym tho haha

post #741 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

You have had more personal attention than anyone on the history of this site and you don't even seem to acknowledge it. 

 

I had to LOL, I couldn't help it.

post #742 of 934
Thread Starter 

went to the range today. I'm posting videos on my swing thread right now. i tried to put everything told to me on here into some drills. i did the drills that mike and dana taught me. then i did some slow motion swings (which were actually very fun) i did take 5 full speed swings and they were probably the worst haha. the slow motion swings actually felt great.

post #743 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

You need to a take  "awhile" off this site and do what you say you are going to do.
You have got expert instructors spending huge amounts of time giving you detailed and presumably FREE responses to your seemingly hourly updates.
has it occurred to you that the changes you are looking for do not happen overnight? The instructors suggest something that is part of a process and you instantly claim that it works or that you can't hit the ball at all.
You are neither playing nor practising properly and looking for results in the wrong places.
It's like a beginner saying thaey made a 40 foot putt and then claiming their putting is improving and then wondering why they had 40 putts the next day.

Has it ocurred to you how much individual attention you are being given here? Your only responses seem to be snappy one liners.
Were you my student I would have lost patience weeks ago - yet you persist and they graciously humour you.
Take adavantage of what you are being offered here. Follow their advice and do it meticulously. You might well improve.
The "poor me" self-centredness of your posts is wearing thin. You have had more personal attention than anyone on the history of this site and you don't even seem to acknowledge it. 
My opinion, nothing more.

Like the new cat. Definitely grumpy.
post #744 of 934
Thread Starter 

well i had an ok round today. i lost hitting my driver and 3 wood so i had 3 penalty strokes off the tee which put my in bad positions. i hit 3 fairways and 5 greens. there were at least 7 greens i had no chance of hitting because of my tee shot. i hit 2 buckets before my round. 1 1/2 buckets were drills and half the last bucket was driver and 3 wood to warm up. my drills went well. driver and 3 wood told the story of my round haha. shot a 49-42 91 with 33 putts and 4 penalty strokes. had 1 birdie but a triple and a quad

post #745 of 934
Thread Starter 
Played in a 4 man best ball today. It was a grip of fun. Course was par 70 5700 yards. Sooo 7 drivable par 4's lol. Our team shot 53 and someone supposedly shot a 46... Oh well it was a blast
post #746 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Played in a 4 man best ball today. It was a grip of fun. Course was par 70 5700 yards. Sooo 7 drivable par 4's lol. Our team shot 53 and someone supposedly shot a 46... Oh well it was a blast

I'm glad you had fun, but it does not seem to have anything to do with "Operation Single Digits 2014" thread, though.
post #747 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Played in a 4 man best ball today. It was a grip of fun. Course was par 70 5700 yards. Sooo 7 drivable par 4's lol. Our team shot 53 and someone supposedly shot a 46... Oh well it was a blast

 

Surely that was a four man scramble, and not a best ball, right?

 

I played in a four man scramble 2 weeks ago on a tough course (with no string and a max of 2 mulligans per person) and three or four groups shot sub 56 with one group shooting a 52.  Ridiculous.  My group had 3 single-digit golfers and myself, played very well, and shot a 68 while missing 4 birdie opportunities.  I will never play in a 4 man scramble event unless, like two weeks ago, I simply consider it a donation to charity.

post #748 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bplewis24 View Post

Surely that was a four man scramble, and not a best ball, right?

I played in a four man scramble 2 weeks ago on a tough course (with no string and a max of 2 mulligans per person) and three or four groups shot sub 56 with one group shooting a 52.  Ridiculous.  My group had 3 single-digit golfers and myself, played very well, and shot a 68 while missing 4 birdie opportunities.  I will never play in a 4 man scramble event unless, like two weeks ago, I simply consider it a donation to charity.
ya that must have been it. And ya it was a charity event that someone sponsored is. My patterns were a 6, 7, and 10 handicap and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

I'm glad you had fun, but it does not seem to have anything to do with "Operation Single Digits 2014" thread, though.
it was like a practice round for me where I got some swings in. Lol
post #749 of 934
Thread Starter 
Had a frustrating round today. Shot a 93. 2 fairways hit 6 greens 35 putts and 2 penalty shots. It was not fun. I might spend my day tomorrow at the range just practicing drills. Wednesday I'll be playing at the Norman Course so I gotta practice
post #750 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Had a frustrating round today. Shot a 93. 2 fairways hit 6 greens 35 putts and 2 penalty shots. It was not fun. I might spend my day tomorrow at the range just practicing drills. Wednesday I'll be playing at the Norman Course so I gotta practice

And you're the person who thought you'd score about 100 at Augusta on a Sunday and acted as if that would be embarrassing. Do you EVER give yourself a reality check?

Why should it be frustrating or not fun? You are in a process but you keep shying away from it, looking for results when they may be months away.

Every time someone gives you advice you just laugh it off with "LOL"s and "ya"s.

You seem like a nice bloke but you would be the most frustrating pupil in the world. :-)

Of course I can choose not to read, but I'll bet yoi haven't got the self control to close the thread temporarily and return to it later.

If you were my student my challenge would be to practice what you've been taught and update us in December.

You also aren't being fair to yourself - which is the real point. S  L   O   W       D   O    W  N.

post #751 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Had a frustrating round today. Shot a 93. 2 fairways hit 6 greens 35 putts and 2 penalty shots. It was not fun. I might spend my day tomorrow at the range just practicing drills. Wednesday I'll be playing at the Norman Course so I gotta practice

 

No offense intended, but the mere fact that you think practicing your drills one day because you are playing a tough course the next day shows that you still really don't "get" the long term nature of improvement in golf.  Whether you practice the day before playing or not is going to be virtually meaningless, IMO, in the long term.

post #752 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtleback View Post
 

No offense intended, but the mere fact that you think practicing your drills one day because you are playing a tough course the next day shows that you still really don't "get" the long term nature of improvement in golf.  Whether you practice the day before playing or not is going to be virtually meaningless, IMO, in the long term.

 

Yup.

 

Kyle, you have months of work to do. That doesn't mean you can't play golf, or that you won't see teeny tiny steps of improvements (and some setbacks, when you do your piece a bit better but still have an old compensation thrown in), but you have months, and months, and months of work to do on your piece.

 

I've been working on the same piece for several years. It's getting better all the time, but I'm still only halfway there.

post #753 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I've been working on the same piece for several years. It's getting better all the time, but I'm still only halfway there.

And I'm on the same handful of little related pieces for, shoot, I don't know how long now.  Several months at least.

post #754 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

And I'm on the same handful of little related pieces for, shoot, I don't know how long now.  Several months at least.


How often do you practice it? Daily in small chunks or? Might be helpful for people to hear real world examples.

post #755 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 


How often do you practice it? Daily in small chunks or? Might be helpful for people to hear real world examples.

OK.  I go to the range, on average, twice a week and practice for about an hour on my lunch break.  I spend, maybe, 60% of that time with a 6 or 7 iron taking full swings, half swings, and doing drills, trying to nail down that piece.  I'll spend the other 40% or so of that time just hitting shots to targets.  I also have an old 7 iron in my living room, and a window that works decently as a mirror at night, so when the kids are upstairs in bed I'll do slow motion swings, or poses, right there in the living room.  One of my drills involves half swings, so I can actually do that one in the living room too - obviously without balls though.  I do that for short little spurts.  Maybe 5 or 10 minutes at a time, sometimes a few times a night, sometimes not for a few nights.

post #756 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

And I'm on the same handful of little related pieces for, shoot, I don't know how long now.  Several months at least.

And I (who notoriously never changes anything) set about to change the shaft position at P5, to look more like the rest of the golfing world, at the 1st of November. 1,000s and 1,000s of slow motion swings and drills trying to make that plane feel and become the new "natural". Day after day and night after night.

 

Have to say that part worked. Then when the weather got better and I started playing I had to start fighting through growing pains that were fairly inevitable with such a difference.

 

Admittedly there have been times that the growing pains made me mad enough that if "going back" to my old way was a viable option I would have done it. Problem was that the new normal also made that hard to do, so the best choice was to continue forward.

 

How well I'll play with the new diagonal swing path: Too early to say.

 

So far: I hit short irons better than I ever have. Hit driver about the same. Fairway woods quite a bit worse worse (surprisingly). And long irons slightly worse.

 

Scores: Slightly higher but mostly because of course and weather conditions.

 

Future: I think I can play decently while I work through these kinks and setbacks (like "feeling" like the clubface is travelling out to in when in fact it is even more in to out than it used to be) as long as I continue to hit fairways with my driver and hit short irons well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread