or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 48

post #847 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Totally agree.

 

I think the solution, then, is to tell yourself that you're not playing a round, but you're just practicing on the course.  You're not going to get better as fast as you'd like by just practicing.  OTOH, I get that it's no fun to play bad either.  So if I was you, instead of practicing for 3 hours on the range in the evenings, maybe half that time you could go out on the course, play 9 holes, and don't keep score, hit multiple balls if/when you can/want to, etc, etc.  It gives you the opportunity to hit "real world" shots that the range cannot do.

 

I swear I am a plus handicapper at the range.  A lot of good that does me on the course. :beer:

 

 

I see your point, and I'd like nothing better than to get out and play, If I could go as a single. I have a nice 9 hole course next to the range, 1/2 of the holes are par 4's which is nice, but it's usually crowded, so hitting 2 balls isn't much of an option. Think I'll do at least 2 more range sessions, then hit the  short course. 

 

Yep, taking your A game from the range to the course is if nothing else, a tough nut to crack..lol  Thanks..:beer:

post #848 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

Yep, taking your A game from the range to the course is if nothing else, a tough nut to crack..lol  Thanks..:beer:

There is no A game on the range. Practice is practice.

This is Kyle's problem he is yet to understand that the two things (playing and practicing) the not the same, hence his constant bouts of frustration because he can't score the way he'd like to. Then he pretends it's a practice round and stresses out because he hit one OB.

Play the shots, score what you score and move on.

In the scheme of things, that's the best you can do.

Bottom line is, if you or Kyle shot 65 off the stick tomorrow and then 75 the next day, what would it mean?

The pros make it look easy, so people like Kyle don't see their great shots as the outliers and wonder why they can't hit it like they do on the range where you can easily forget the last seven shots you hit after a good one.

 

Just go and play golf... geeez B-) 

post #849 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
 

There is no A game on the range. Practice is practice.

This is Kyle's problem he is yet to understand that the two things (playing and practicing) the not the same, hence his constant bouts of frustration because he can't score the way he'd like to. Then he pretends it's a practice round and stresses out because he hit one OB.

Play the shots, score what you score and move on.

In the scheme of things, that's the best you can do.

Bottom line is, if you or Kyle shot 65 off the stick tomorrow and then 75 the next day, what would it mean?

The pros make it look easy, so people like Kyle don't see their great shots as the outliers and wonder why they can't hit it like they do on the range where you can easily forget the last seven shots you hit after a good one.

 

Just go and play golf... geeez B-) 

 

Geez lightn up Shorty, my comment was "Sarcasm" BTW, this isn't my first go round playing golf. I take Pride in what I do, hence the amount of Structured practice I do. And why I take lessons from Mike and Dana, I assure you it's not for the fun of it, but to improve. When I'm satisfied with my progress, I'll go play, and not before. Also, I know about hitting on the range vs hitting on the course, but thanks for the info.  ;-)  

post #850 of 934
Thread Starter 

so went out and played Terra Lago South Course today because my friend got us a good deal on the course. i didn't think about hitting draws or anything like that. i just went up and hit the ball. i didn't do amazing, but i didn't do bad. i had a lot of fun out there. i enjoyed the course (even though it was pretty windy) so i hit 6 shots off the tee that went OB, but i had some good shots too. i shot a 50-40 for a 90 with 5 fairways hit 3 greens and 30 putts. tomorrow i'll hit the range after work and continue my drills and work on my motions. I'm going to start separating playing and practicing so i expect my handicap to go up a bit but i don't mind because i know it will drop again later

post #851 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

so went out and played Terra Lago South Course today because my friend got us a good deal on the course. i didn't think about hitting draws or anything like that. i just went up and hit the ball. i didn't do amazing, but i didn't do bad. i had a lot of fun out there. i enjoyed the course (even though it was pretty windy) so i hit 6 shots off the tee that went OB, but i had some good shots too. i shot a 50-40 for a 90 with 5 fairways hit 3 greens and 30 putts. tomorrow i'll hit the range after work and continue my drills and work on my motions. I'm going to start separating playing and practicing so i expect my handicap to go up a bit but i don't mind because i know it will drop again later
What holes have you issues? That's my home course.
post #852 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post
 

so went out and played Terra Lago South Course today because my friend got us a good deal on the course. i didn't think about hitting draws or anything like that. i just went up and hit the ball. i didn't do amazing, but i didn't do bad. i had a lot of fun out there. i enjoyed the course (even though it was pretty windy) so i hit 6 shots off the tee that went OB, but i had some good shots too. i shot a 50-40 for a 90 with 5 fairways hit 3 greens and 30 putts. tomorrow i'll hit the range after work and continue my drills and work on my motions. I'm going to start separating playing and practicing so i expect my handicap to go up a bit but i don't mind because i know it will drop again later

 

That's an impressive putting statistic! 

 

Now that you have started tracking this a bit more, can you expand this a little. How many up and downs? How many pitches to within 10 feet? Did you have any 3-putts? Any chip ins? 

 

Considering you only hit 3 greens, I take it your short game is pretty good. I see there has been a lot of very constructive criticism about your full swing, which I think a lot of us would appreciate, but would you class your short game as consistent? 

post #853 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85 View Post

What holes have you issues? That's my home course.
The wind was pretty strong at times yesterday so I hit some good drives off the tee but with the canal and wind it was pretty tough so I lost about 6 off the tee. I loved the course tho and If you ever wanna join me out there let me know and same if you wanna come to Morongo
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post

That's an impressive putting statistic! 

Now that you have started tracking this a bit more, can you expand this a little. How many up and downs? How many pitches to within 10 feet? Did you have any 3-putts? Any chip ins? 

Considering you only hit 3 greens, I take it your short game is pretty good. I see there has been a lot of very constructive criticism about your full swing, which I think a lot of us would appreciate, but would you class your short game as consistent? 
My short game saves me a lot. All my chips were within 10 feet and probably within 7. I had 1 three putt. No chip ins. If my bunker play was better it might have knocked a stroke or 2 off. And I missed 3 putts within 6 feet so that needs some work. I had about 4 up and downs. Had 3 birdies but a triple and a quad. Yikes!!!
post #854 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post


The wind was pretty strong at times yesterday so I hit some good drives off the tee but with the canal and wind it was pretty tough so I lost about 6 off the tee. I loved the course tho and If you ever wanna join me out there let me know and same if you wanna come to Morongo
 

My short game saves me a lot. All my chips were within 10 feet and probably within 7. I had 1 three putt. No chip ins. If my bunker play was better it might have knocked a stroke or 2 off. And I missed 3 putts within 6 feet so that needs some work. I had about 4 up and downs. Had 3 birdies but a triple and a quad. Yikes!!!

 

My son scored 50 on 9 holes at Angeles National yesterday because of the wind. His score was the 4th in the team, and they beat their opponents by 9 strokes. Wind plays a really big role on those tiny fairways, as do cement hard greens (Stimp 12+ on some holes?).

 

Kyle, it sounds like your chipping and putting is pretty solid. 30 putts is very impressive.

post #855 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

My son scored 50 on 9 holes at Angeles National yesterday because of the wind. His score was the 4th in the team, and they beat their opponents by 9 strokes. Wind plays a really big role on those tiny fairways, as do cement hard greens (Stimp 12+ on some holes?).

Kyle, it sounds like your chipping and putting is pretty solid. 30 putts is very impressive.
Thank you. Ya it seems like I do better on fast greens cuz I had 35 at Morongo and 35 at Yucaipa but 31 at Norman course
post #856 of 934
Thread Starter 
Also a fun fact. For the month of April I've played 8 rounds. I average 32.75 putts per round 43% fairways 24% greens and average 3 penalty strokes a round.
post #857 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

Also a fun fact. For the month of April I've played 8 rounds. I average 32.75 putts per round 43% fairways 24% greens and average 3 penalty strokes a round.

 

I think we've landed on your biggest opportunity!

 

I've played 12 rounds in April, and don't know that I've had more than 3 penalty strokes all month!

post #858 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

I think we've landed on your biggest opportunity!

 

I've played 12 rounds in April, and don't know that I've had more than 3 penalty strokes all month!


Wish I could say that. :-D

 

I would say I average about two a round. :surrender:

 

If I'm lucky I can save bogey and make a few birdies to make up for it.

 

On our course the 7th hole has OB on both sides. The 9th has water left on the tee shot and if you cheat right there are trees in the way of the island green, which I sometimes miss even if I am in perfect position. The 17th is a 215 yard shot over water to a narrow peninsula green sloping away. The 18th has water on both sides on the tee shot and then a 150 yard carry across the water for the second.

 

If I get through those four holes with two penalties it's a pretty good day. More than that it's a bad day. None, or one, and I am probably lighting it up because I'm usually at least going to make pars on the other holes.

 

And this is on an (unrated) easy course that I would rate a 65. Funny thing is that the last few times I played "tougher" courses I didn't have any penalty strokes.

post #859 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

I think we've landed on your biggest opportunity!

 

I've played 12 rounds in April, and don't know that I've had more than 3 penalty strokes all month!

well i had 8 at norman course and 6 yesterday haha so those were terrible. had 2 at yucaipa. my tee shots have gone crazy, but monday i hit 10/14 fairways lol just need to figure it out once i get everything else headed in the right direction lol

post #860 of 934
Thread Starter 

i think my swing is going back steep and causing me to come over the top again. i think range time and mirror work will help me work on stuff so mirror is what i'll be doing till friday haha

post #861 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 


Wish I could say that. :-D

 

I would say I average about two a round. :surrender:

 

If I'm lucky I can save bogey and make a few birdies to make up for it.

 

On our course the 7th hole has OB on both sides. The 9th has water left on the tee shot and if you cheat right there are trees in the way of the island green, which I sometimes miss even if I am in perfect position. The 17th is a 215 yard shot over water to a narrow peninsula green sloping away. The 18th has water on both sides on the tee shot and then a 150 yard carry across the water for the second.

 

If I get through those four holes with two penalties it's a pretty good day. More than that it's a bad day. None, or one, and I am probably lighting it up because I'm usually at least going to make pars on the other holes.

 

And this is on an (unrated) easy course that I would rate a 65. Funny thing is that the last few times I played "tougher" courses I didn't have any penalty strokes.

Doesn't sound like an easy course with all that water in play from on so many tee shots! At my course there is only really one place where i'd ever hit OB more than once or twice a year. Down the left of the par 4 16th for that one. And this course is super easy but rates 69

post #862 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFader View Post
 

Doesn't sound like an easy course with all that water in play from on so many tee shots! At my course there is only really one place where i'd ever hit OB more than once or twice a year. Down the left of the par 4 16th for that one. And this course is super easy but rates 69


Other than those four holes (well, plus one more that is just flat very tough for everybody) there are a lot of birdies and possible eagles out there on the other holes.

 

A good accurate ball striker with distance has no problem shooting in the mid 60s but inaccurate players without distance would probably have a hard time shooting what they shoot on most tougher courses.

 

I guess if it was rated the course rating would be low but the slope would be rather high comparatively.

post #863 of 934

@KyleAnthony, spend the $15 and buy a copy of Lowest Score Wins.

 

Today is the last day that price is available. Send $15 via PayPal. Very easy.

 

The 20 pages we're writing now will save you strokes, and so will the rest of the book.

 

Here's the original thread:

Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score

 

That's my pitch. I'm not gonna talk more about it. I hope you buy it. At $15 I think it's a "can't miss" type deal.

post #864 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@KyleAnthony, spend the $15 and buy a copy of Lowest Score Wins.

 

Today is the last day that price is available. Send $15 via PayPal. Very easy.

 

The 20 pages we're writing now will save you strokes, and so will the rest of the book.

 

Here's the original thread:

Lowest Score Wins - a first-of-its kind golf book for anyone who wants to lower their score

 

That's my pitch. I'm not gonna talk more about it. I hope you buy it. At $15 I think it's a "can't miss" type deal.

money sent!!!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread