or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread - Page 50

post #883 of 934
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Nice job. Now stop ****ing around with the penalty shots off the tee!
Hahahaha yeah I was doing great off the tee and swung to hard on a par 5 with red staked right side and pushed it just enough to go in the hazard. Still made bogey tho haha and same with the next except it was a pull. And the 3rd was water on my approach shot. But ya without those penalties it would be my first round in the 70's in years
post #884 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post


Hahahaha yeah I was doing great off the tee and swung to hard on a par 5 with red staked right side and pushed it just enough to go in the hazard. Still made bogey tho haha and same with the next except it was a pull. And the 3rd was water on my approach shot. But ya without those penalties it would be my first round in the 70's in years

 

Nice job getting an 82. Your handicap is on it's way down if you get a few more of those.

 

Those red stakes are really tough to avoid. I need so much more work on course management, and the only way to learn is on the courses you're playing.

post #885 of 934

I think this thread should be renamed.

 

It is nowhere near focused enough. It's wandered around like a drunk, with no seeming objective (despite the objectives supposedly being pretty clear).

 

Here's what I propose.

 

  1. We rename this thread "The KyleAnthony Blog Thread" and you continue to post things like the last 800+ posts.
  2. You use your My Swing thread to detail your lessons, rounds, and quest to improve.

 

Unless there are some strong and valid points in objection to this, I'll rename this thread later today.

 

This thread had promise, but due to several factors and unbeknownst to many, it was doomed from the start.

post #886 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Unless there are some strong and valid points in objection to this, I'll rename this thread later today.

 

I've been feeling the same for a while.

post #887 of 934
Thread Starter 
I don't see why it matters what the thread is called. It's been around for a bit and has enough posts where the title is irrelevant because people know what's here. Either day I see it bothers some people so I think I'll just limit myself to my swing thread and reviewing this thread for info
post #888 of 934

LOL fitting but opera could be seen as bullying, maybe. Operation scratch turned into operation (reality) bogey golf due to his goals without a method approach. I'm glad he shot his 82 but like the rest of us tomorrow he'll shoot something on, above or below his index. If it's bad my money is he heads to the all day range.

post #889 of 934
Thread Starter 
I'll be at the range all day today. Soooo yeah. Well Eric I know you don't like me and that's fine. I guess with all the good and that bad I've got from this site I can't say it was a waste of time. But I learned a lot and I'll take what I've learned and leave. Thank you for all those who have great advice and @mvmac for the lesson. I really appreciated everything Except the sarcasm and harsh criticism.
post #890 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I don't see why it matters what the thread is called. It's been around for a bit and has enough posts where the title is irrelevant because people know what's here. Either day I see it bothers some people so I think I'll just limit myself to my swing thread and reviewing this thread for info

 

Kyle, with all the love I can muster, the one thing that's become incredibly obvious at this point is that you don't know how much you don't know. The thread title matters, even if it's just to a few people. Calling it an "operation" implies some sort of plan, and as far back as the earlier pages, people were suggesting it just be your My Swing thread. If this thread was an "operation" the patient would be dead and 50 TSTers would be defending themselves against malpractice lawsuits. :-)

 

The best and only advice I have for you at this point: use your My Swing thread to document, in some detail, how you're working to improve your swing, your short game, your putting, etc. It's the catch-all thread for that kind of stuff.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 

LOL fitting but opera could be seen as bullying, maybe. Operation scratch turned into operation (reality) bogey golf due to his goals without a method approach. I'm glad he shot his 82 but like the rest of us tomorrow he'll shoot something on, above or below his index. If it's bad my money is he heads to the all day range.

 

I don't think opera is bullying. At various times it's been a comedy, a tragedy, and I think we're still waiting for the triumph.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I'll be at the range all day today. Soooo yeah. Well Eric I know you don't like me and that's fine. I guess with all the good and that bad I've got from this site I can't say it was a waste of time. But I learned a lot and I'll take what I've learned and leave. Thank you for all those who have great advice and @mvmac for the lesson. I really appreciated everything Except the sarcasm and harsh criticism.

 

You know what Kyle, I don't even have the words.

post #891 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 

I don't think opera is bullying. At various times it's been a comedy, a tragedy, and I think we're still waiting for the triumph.

 

Fair enough FWIW I think it has been all that and more. Like you I like Kyle but you hit the nail on the head with your previous wandering statement. Kyle you are lost in the golf desert bro. What drives people to fits here is you have been given a compass and don't even realize it. If I received half the free professional advice you've been given I wouldn't need to pay an instructor. I'd kill for the attention Mike and Erik have given you.

post #892 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post

Fair enough FWIW I think it has been all that and more. Like you I like Kyle but you hit the nail on the head with your previous wandering statement. Kyle you are lost in the golf desert bro. What drives people to fits here is you have been given a compass and don't even realize it. If I received half the free professional advice you've been given I wouldn't need to pay an instructor. I'd kill for the attention Mike and Erik have given you.

That's what makes his last post (up there ^^^^) so ****ing stupid. @KyleAnthony, you mean to tell me you feel you been mistreated and put upon????? Dude, you've been gifted with a shit ton of free instruction. You're not even a Supporter for f**ks sakes which only costs what? A grand total of $20 a year??? And now you have the nerve to act like you've been bullied and picked on?


Edit* I was writing more but I deleted it. Don't wanna sound petty so...ciao.
post #893 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post


That's what makes his last post (up there ^^^^) so ****ing stupid. @KyleAnthony, you mean to tell me you feel you been mistreated and put upon????? Dude, you've been gifted with a shit ton of free instruction. You're not even a Supporter for f**ks sakes which only costs what? A grand total of $20 a year??? And now you have the nerve to act like you've been bullied and picked on?


Edit* I was writing more but I deleted it. Don't wanna sound petty so...ciao.

 

Absolutely. 

 

Its just crazy how much of a waste all the help he was given. I hope he realizes a lot of what he needs to play really really good golf is at his hands. He just needs to apply it in the right way. 

post #894 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post


I am gojng to try that for sure. Cuz working on my swing on the course does get way frustrating
I was pulling them a lot too and got the same grip and that helped my accuracy a lot!!! But kow I'm having distance control issues :/
I noticed yesterday my old swing was starting to come back in play later in the round. I hit a couple pulls because unused to swing left so much and no with my stronger grip it went straight left. Maybe I'll try out a couple exaggerated swing before my approaches

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

I think this thread should be renamed.

 

It is nowhere near focused enough. It's wandered around like a drunk, with no seeming objective (despite the objectives supposedly being pretty clear).

 

Here's what I propose.

 

  1. We rename this thread "The KyleAnthony Blog Thread" and you continue to post things like the last 800+ posts.
  2. You use your My Swing thread to detail your lessons, rounds, and quest to improve.

 

Unless there are some strong and valid points in objection to this, I'll rename this thread later today.

 

This thread had promise, but due to several factors and unbeknownst to many, it was doomed from the start.

 

I think, "A narcissist and his enablers" would be the perfect title.

post #895 of 934
It's about time this thread was put to bed.
When Kyle said he thought that he could call shots into hazards and ones that are OB the same thing for convenience you knew for sure how deluded he was.
Kyle, you owe Iacas a huge apology. He has helped you and humoured you, and you have ignored almost all of the advice you have been given . How dare you insult his generosity. Of course this is an opera. It''s even got words in it noone can understand..
If someone elsed started a thread and updated it in a crazy and meandering way every half hour while being given free instruction it would end the same way.
You are too thick to even realise how lucky you are.
Quit the attention whoring, the poor meing and the five year old who dropped his ice cream whining.
Edited by Shorty - 5/3/14 at 2:26pm
post #896 of 934

Yeah probably it really is a demonstration of what not to do if you want to improve more than anything. Though that could be a good thing but IMO the drama ruined it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post

It's about time this thread was put to bed.
 
post #897 of 934

I'm impressed this thread is still going, i can't see what this thread was suppose to give us that couldn't have happened in Kyle's MySwing thread. But i will say that if it comes to an end i shall miss it. 

post #898 of 934

I think Kyle got caught up in all the attention / hype and lost sight of his goal.

 

Kyle, we followed your progress to this point because we wanted to see you improve with the help of Erik and Mike.   My guess is you found practice and following their suggestions wasn't fun for you and rather than work at improving you went back to doing what you wanted while still pretending to be trying to improve.  You had a great opportunity handed to you and you wasted it.  I still hope you reach your goal, but I think you need to mature more before you will get there.

post #899 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

I think Kyle got caught up in all the attention / hype and lost sight of his goal.

 

True. But Kyle does not have a goal. A goal is something you keep in sight and work your way towards.

He wants the goal but is not prepared to work his way towards it. So it is a pipe dream, not a goal.

He wants quick fixes, attention and recognition.

When he was given specific and detailed advice (which people pay good money for, I might add) he would pretend that he was doing what he was advised to do but then would make a post an hour later proving that he was not doing it and making absurd excuses. And bites the hand that feeds him. Nice guy.

A little bit of humility wouldn't go astray, but he becomes petulant and sulky when he doesn't get maximum rewards for minimal effort - all the things teachers dream of in a student.:whistle: 


Edited by Shorty - 5/3/14 at 5:28pm
post #900 of 934
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleAnthony View Post

I don't see why it matters what the thread is called. It's been around for a bit and has enough posts where the title is irrelevant because people know what's here. Either day I see it bothers some people so I think I'll just limit myself to my swing thread and reviewing this thread for info

 

I laughed uncontrollably at the "Opera" part. :-$

 

Hope you are not offended by it? Just don't beat me up for laughing so hard when we play a round together. . .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread