or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TST Visits Callaway (Ely Callaway Performance Center) Big Bertha, X2 Hot, Apex Irons Pics and Videos
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TST Visits Callaway (Ely Callaway Performance Center) Big Bertha, X2 Hot, Apex Irons Pics and Videos - Page 2

post #19 of 33

I have been hitting these clubs at work.. for the 1st time the other day I hit the X2hot irons, and I cant believe how well the ball comes off.

 

I hit the 3hybrid, and was crushing it... with ease... the driver felt good, but the Big Bertha I thought was better.

 

Now the Apex Irons.. all 3 of of them.. holy cow.. I never was really a big Callaway fan till about 4 months ago... But these new Irons feel so great and look very good too. IMO

 

I couldn't take pics at work of the clubs cause we were told by the Rep not too.. but man i cant wait for them to get released.

post #20 of 33

quick ?...

those balls are marked as " - CHROME + + - "....is that their practice version?

post #21 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gioguy21 View Post
 

quick ?...

those balls are marked as " - CHROME + + - "....is that their practice version?

post #22 of 33

Love love love the look of the woods and hybrids from the top. 

post #23 of 33

What I'd give to live in SoCal and visit Callaway … frequently.

 

Way to go, guys.

post #24 of 33

The big bertha alpha looks hot. I want it in my bag. Lets see if I can save up... $500 is alot

post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGray View Post
 

The big bertha alpha looks hot. I want it in my bag. Lets see if I can save up... $500 is alot

 

It's going to be $399

post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

It's going to be $399
I thought the regular would be $399 and the alpha would be $499
post #27 of 33

The Big Bertha is 499.. cause it has the features of being to adjust your ball flight pattern... I'll tell you that club is awesome, feels good and moves well through the zone.

post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamGray View Post


I thought the regular would be $399 and the alpha would be $499

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzamouth View Post
 

The Big Bertha is 499.. cause it has the features of being to adjust your ball flight pattern... I'll tell you that club is awesome, feels good and moves well through the zone.

 

Yeah BB Alpha is $499, BB is $399

post #29 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazzamouth View Post
 

The Big Bertha is 499.. cause it has the features of being to adjust your ball flight pattern... I'll tell you that club is awesome, feels good and moves well through the zone.

My club maker has a Callaway account, where they will sell him heads only, and he customizes.

 

He says the Big Bertha will be the hottest driver for 2014 ... at least until June ... when heck, they'll probably release another driver... lol.

post #30 of 33

I think Callaway will have a very big year.I work at a Golf Galaxy and have hit all of the new clubs.The Apex Pros will be in my bag,awsome irons.I hit the Great Big Bertha Alpha and the X 2 Hot drivers last week.Very impressed with both.I hit the Alpha a little further.The core weight in the Alpha is to control spin rate and does so.The X2 Hot irons feel good also,they are cast,but have a nice feel.Callaway is really putting out some great looking and performing equipment.Just keeps getting better with a lot of the new equipment from all the companies and that is good for everyone!

post #31 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Mcc 69 View Post

I think Callaway will have a very big year.I work at a Golf Galaxy and have hit all of the new clubs.The Apex Pros will be in my bag,awsome irons.I hit the Great Big Bertha Alpha and the X 2 Hot drivers last week.Very impressed with both.I hit the Alpha a little further.The core weight in the Alpha is to control spin rate and does so.The X2 Hot irons feel good also,they are cast,but have a nice feel.Callaway is really putting out some great looking and performing equipment.Just keeps getting better with a lot of the new equipment from all the companies and that is good for everyone!
Could you tell a difference between the X 2 Hot and the X 2 Hot pro?
post #32 of 33

I only hit the Pro,difference being smaller head with smaller sweet spot,but I will compare the two this afternoon and post what I find for you.

post #33 of 33
I just ordered the Big Bertha Alpha and the Apex Pro irons. I hit both of these at Golf Galaxy before buying and I was very impressed with both. I really like the look of the BB Alpha. The dark blue on the top is a very good color to look at and it sets up very nice. The Fubuki shaft they put in it is great, but doesn't fit my game so I put a Tour AD-DI 7 in it and cannot wait to hit it. As far as the Apex pro irons, I also love the look of them. They have a great design and I like how Callaway went back to a Ben Hogan type look. These irons feel like cutting butter when you catch it right. I can still work them like a true blade, but they provide the forgiveness of a game improvement iron on mishits. I can see these irons cutting a few strokes off of my game immediately. Overall, I am very impressed with both of these clubs from Callaway and cannot wait to get them on the course!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › TST Visits Callaway (Ely Callaway Performance Center) Big Bertha, X2 Hot, Apex Irons Pics and Videos