or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Dr Draw)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Dr Draw) - Page 4

post #55 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Draw View Post
 

 I don't really understand what you guys mean to not keep my right leg so flexed. 

 

 

Here is a good thread on the subject. 

Myth of Maintaining Your Address Flex in the Rear Knee
started on 01/10/12 last post 09/24/14 at 8:40am 231 replies 22281 views

 

Rory and Tiger do loose flex. It might not be as Noticeable depending on the clothing they wear or the camera angle, but they do. 

post #56 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Draw View Post
 

 Been working on this and I don't really understand what you guys mean to not keep my right leg so flexed. I've been looking at the swings of Tiger, Rory, etc. and they don't really straighten their right leg either around the top of the backswing. When you say stop getting my leg so flexed, do you mean particularly on the downswing? Because it does kick towards the ball a lot. However whenever I try to do the forward motion, I thin the ball really badly. 

 

"Straighten" is not the same as "extend." Rory, Tiger, and the vast majority of PGA Tour players all extend their trail knee, or decrease the flex in their knee, during their backswing.

post #57 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Draw View Post
 

 Been working on this and I don't really understand what you guys mean to not keep my right leg so flexed. I've been looking at the swings of Tiger, Rory, etc. and they don't really straighten their right leg either around the top of the backswing. When you say stop getting my leg so flexed, do you mean particularly on the downswing? Because it does kick towards the ball a lot. However whenever I try to do the forward motion, I thin the ball really badly. 

 

Yeah please check out that thread @saevel25 shared.

 

As Erik said, the majority of PGA Tour players decrease flex in the trail leg gradually on the backswing. The reason your leg kicks so much towards the ball is because it doesn't decrease at all on the backswing.

 

So note the right knee moving away from the green line. As the rear knee lessens in flex, the lead gains flex.

 

 

post #58 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yeah please check out that thread @saevel25 shared.

 

As Erik said, the majority of PGA Tour players decrease flex in the trail leg gradually on the backswing. The reason your leg kicks so much towards the ball is because it doesn't decrease at all on the backswing.

 

So note the right knee moving away from the green line. As the rear knee lessens in flex, the lead gains flex.

 

 

I did and I've been working on it recently. I have the feeling that's pretty different, as if it is actually completely straight on the backswing but it really isn't, and still maintains a little flex. However, I see it straightening, and I feel it, but I still have an over-the-top movement that gets me stuck after impact and causes my head to bobble.. when i try to feel I'm swinging more outward to the right, i fat it or thin it really badly. Here's a vid of one my recent swings: 

post #59 of 78

I think you're still under rotated with your torso/hips. Any chance you can take a face on video?

post #60 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

I think you're still under rotated with your torso/hips. Any chance you can take a face on video?

Sure, I'll take one as soon as I get on the range. It's kind of difficult in my garage with the garbage cans on the side, and it doesn't get the entire swing. 

post #61 of 78
Thread Starter 

Here's my face on swing with a driver... I don't know about you, but my top position of the backswing looks really awkward. 

post #62 of 78

Some pics to consider

 

 

 

So the right side has to "stretch" a lot more on the backswing. Shoulders and hips are going to feel like they work more like a teeter totter, left goes down, right goes up. Will help you increase the amount you turn which will make it easier for you to swing outward. When you make practice swings, your right hip should feel much higher than the left at the top of the backswing.

 

 

post #63 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

Some pics to consider

 

 

 

So the right side has to "stretch" a lot more on the backswing. Shoulders and hips are going to feel like they work more like a teeter totter, left goes down, right goes up. Will help you increase the amount you turn which will make it easier for you to swing outward. When you make practice swings, your right hip should feel much higher than the left at the top of the backswing.

 

 

 

So, I should feel like I'm tilting towards the target on the backswing? Also, along with that, should I feel like my weight is moreso on the left side on the top? Because when I try that, that's the feel I'm getting. 

post #64 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Draw View Post
 

 

So, I should feel like I'm tilting towards the target on the backswing? Also, along with that, should I feel like my weight is moreso on the left side on the top? Because when I try that, that's the feel I'm getting. 

 

Yes you will probably feel those two things because of how far you "lean" right. In reality the pressure still increases under the right foot and the weight is about 50/50. 

post #65 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Yes you will probably feel those two things because of how far you "lean" right. In reality the pressure still increases under the right foot and the weight is about 50/50. 

 

Gotcha. Another question; on the downswing, it looks as if my head is jerking backwards and on the dtl view it is also jerking downwards.  With a lot of the tour pros, the majority of the time it is steady all through and has a smooth forward movement through the swing. I look like I'm looking far to the right until my body pulls my head towards the target. Do you see anything on the downswing that could be causing it? 

post #66 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Draw View Post
 

 

Do you see anything on the downswing that could be causing it? 

 

Mostly a reaction to what's going on with the backswing. Get that better and I think you'll like what you see on the downswing.

post #67 of 78
Looks to me like you have some pretty good swing speed.. I think it would be a great investment I you could the 40$ and do 4 lessons o evolvr so that they can really get all your set up , grip and foundation stuff looked at and cleared away.. I'm sure they will also address the pivot stuff Mike is talking about in a lot more detail as well..

Then you will really be getting a head start trust me.. Ask @FooFader I gave him the same advice and he couldn't be any happier, I'll let him explain.... And no I don't work for them, just a satisfied customer!
post #68 of 78

Hi there @Dr Draw great to see you share the same enthusiasm for improving your game and swing as myself and many others. a1_smile.gif

As @Abu3baid as suggested, I could not recommend the service highly enough. The instructors are awesome and really nice guys. If you are as serious as your thread suggests about improving then evolvr is worth every penny and more.

If you can spare the money to sign up and try it for just 3 months you'll see why there are so many people singing their praise for it. Check out their website and see what you think.

I won't ramble on further. Look forward to seeing your progress regardless, any questions at all on evolvr then I'd be happy to answer as would many people here. Cheers

post #69 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

Mostly a reaction to what's going on with the backswing. Get that better and I think you'll like what you see on the downswing.

We'll see. I've got a lot of a work to do on my backswing. It's weird because with most golfers, I see a huge separation between their shoulders and below to their neck and head. Their body is moving rapidly, but their neck but more so the head stay perfectly still and stacked on the body all through the swing, and that's something I find very difficult to do. My head just kind of dips down, goes backwards, and just goes all over the place. I was thinking it might have something to do also with my shoulders because I sometimes tend to swing more level than I should on the golf swing due to 6 years of baseball. I don't know. :P

 

@FooFader and @Abu3baid, thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to think about that and look more into it. 

post #70 of 78
Thread Starter 
Hey @mvmac, recently I have been working on what you told me about the backswing, but I have some questions. In the last couple rounds I've played, I have had a lot of trouble getting the ball into the fairway. With my driver in particular, I tend to hit a massive block straight to right field. With my 3 wood, I hit a huge hook and occasionally a block as well. For the times that I do get it into the fairway, I have been pushing my irons terribly. The divots have some sort of trapezoidal look rather than a rectangle, which tells me the heel is coming into contact with the ground, then everything else follows which will push the ball to the right. I don't understand why that's happening... Or why there is such a difference between how I strike all my clubs and their ball flights
post #71 of 78
Thread Starter 

Here's my most recent recorded swing 

post #72 of 78

Looking much better!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Dr Draw)