or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What's happening in Abu Dhabi?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's happening in Abu Dhabi? - Page 2

post #19 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

No wonder those guys make the big bucks….

 

If Phil and Rors are drinking men, they probably snuck a little something afterwards in private...


They should have been drinking before. :beer: 

 

But then Phil was using Rory's shoulder to keep his balance. Good thing they can play golf because I don't see Broadway in their futures.

post #20 of 54
Thread Starter 

First day finds 3 guys at -5, 7 at -4, 8 at -3 and finally at -2 we find 16 guys including Luke, Rory and MKaymer. Phil not happy at +1, his day all pars and one bogey. Sergio in the dumps at +4.

The course looking good (on TV) and is a full 7600 yards long and with long grass, or sand, in the rough. 

Weather good until Sunday then possible rain. Temps mild each day. 

post #21 of 54
Only watched the highlights today, a strong showing from the Irish players so happy with that.
It'll be interesting to see if McGinley can put another decent round together
post #22 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulhacker View Post

Only watched the highlights today, a strong showing from the Irish players so happy with that.
It'll be interesting to see if McGinley can put another decent round together

 

 

Hope Rory gets going, and contends for the win..

post #23 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

 

 

Hope Rory gets going, and contends for the win..

He seems to be back on form, striking the ball well. 

 

Phil on the other hand seems to be struggling! 17 pars and 3 bogeys for his first round so far in his second....

He has a birdie putt now to break the duck. 

post #24 of 54
Thread Starter 

Day 2: leader at -9, Rory at -7. Jimenez at -3, Phil at -1. and Sergio (better today) at par. Missing cut is Stenson and many others.

I never thought of the large appearance fee players like Phil will be getting. I guess i am a fool to think these guys love golf.  

post #25 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by joekelly View Post
 

I never thought of the large appearance fee players like Phil will be getting. I guess i am a fool to think these guys love golf.  

 

I'm sure they love golf.  They probably simply don't love everything it takes to travel to Abu Dhabi for one tournament, without the appearance fee.

post #26 of 54
At least Phil made the weekend! They handed over big money to Tiger last year and he was on the plane home on Saturday
post #27 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekelly View Post
 

Day 2: leader at -9, Rory at -7. Jimenez at -3, Phil at -1. and Sergio (better today) at par. Missing cut is Stenson and many others.

I never thought of the large appearance fee players like Phil will be getting. I guess i am a fool to think these guys love golf.  

 

 

They do love golf, and the $$$$ it brings them..;-)

post #28 of 54
Is this the tournament where Tigs had the illegal drop in the bunker last year?
post #29 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Is this the tournament where Tigs had the illegal drop in the bunker last year?

It sure is.
He missed the cut by 1 stroke after receiving a 2 shot penalty.

To get very technical, it wasn't a bunker, it was part of the course with sand. His ball got plugged in vegetation that was growing on top of the sand and he took a few drop after asking his player partner (Kaymer)

You can take a free drop for a plugged ball anywhere on the course as long as it isn't sand.
Afaik, he would have been able to ground his club in this area as it wasn't a bunker/hazard.
post #30 of 54
Yeah, I remember that. See, to me that's bullshit. If there's vegetation growing then it's not a bunker. There can be bunker all around, but that to me is an "island" of "through the green".
post #31 of 54
I would agree, Kaymer certainly wasn't aware of it and I think any pro would have done the same. Stupid ruling and everyone seemed to agree.
post #32 of 54
What a 3rd Round from Phil. -9 today to take the clubhouse lead at -10
post #33 of 54

Holy sh*t Phil!!!

what a round. Tomorrow we have Rory, Phil, and Jimenez all contending. Should be grrrrrrrreat (Scottish old man voice). 

post #34 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post

Holy sh*t Phil!!!


what a round. Tomorrow we have Rory, Phil, and Jimenez all contending. Should be grrrrrrrreat (Scottish old man voice). 

Rory won't be challenging as much as expected.
He has just been given a post round 2 stroke penalty.
His foot was on a path after having taken relief from it. Foot fault as his fiancée might say :)
post #35 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond View Post
 

Sulking? Sergio has played well for a year now … the putter is working.

 

But he's a Spaniard who is emotional - he'll go up and down and up and ...


I can't imagine that he's sulking too much with his hottie girlfriend on the bag. We'll see if they are going to continue with her in European and PGA tournaments. If she continues to be his caddy I hope that he plays very well so that the cameras are on them all the time.

post #36 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulhacker View Post


Rory won't be challenging as much as expected.
He has just been given a post round 2 stroke penalty.
His foot was on a path after having taken relief from it. Foot fault as his fiancée might say :)

God damn it. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › What's happening in Abu Dhabi?