or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Mackingchicken)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Swing (Mackingchicken) - Page 6

post #91 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post




mackinghchicken......it's important to be aware of this if you aren't already.We do all of these during the golf swing and they can be controlled making a difference in the swing...just something to consider.
I'm sorry, but I don't understand how this helps @mackingchicken. How are the hand and wrist movements related to his swing and what should he do to with them to improve?
post #92 of 195

Billchao...mackingchicken wants to keep his swing short so has apparently restricted his shoulder turn to do so.I don't think that is advised by anyone .So he may wish to consider restricting the radial deviation movement which I believe Steve Stricker does, IMO anyway.Make the 90* turn and tighten up the back swing with the restricted wrist action.If he then braces up against that right knee(doesn't let it sway) he can generate some serious body torque providing him with  powerful lower body leg  drive .

post #93 of 195
@mackingchicken is working with an instructor and using this thread just to write his Notes Down-Lets respect his wishes and save the crackpot advice for other threads or sumtin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

Billchao...mackingchicken wants to keep his swing short so has apparently restricted his shoulder turn to do so.I don't think that is advised by anyone .So he may wish to consider restricting the radial deviation movement which I believe Steve Stricker does, IMO anyway.Make the 90* turn and tighten up the back swing with the restricted wrist action.If he then braces up against that right knee(doesn't let it sway) he can generate some serious body torque providing him with  powerful lower body leg  drive .
post #94 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

@mackingchicken is working with an instructor and using this thread just to write his Notes Down-Lets respect his wishes and save the crackpot advice for other threads or sumtin'.

Phil...I am a little surprised by your post.The first 3 posts of this thread are mackingchicken's in which he says please help.The 4th post is you offering it...so to speak.

post #95 of 195
Hey Jacknuts-Read more than the first four posts in a thread before try ing to "help"-Youve yet to say anything that has actually been helpful to anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

Phil...I am a little surprised by your post.The first 3 posts of this thread are mackingchicken's in which he says please help.The 4th post is you offering it...so to speak.
post #96 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

Phil...I am a little surprised by your post.The first 3 posts of this thread are mackingchicken's in which he says please help.The 4th post is you offering it...so to speak.

Yet your are giving no help. Your only advice is a 90 degree tun with out saying how. What turn rates does he need for his hips and shoulders. Does 90 degree tun throw his swing outlf wack right now. You have no clue, you are throwing darts blindfolded.

Then you copy and paste an image from an argument you are having on pitching the ball. What is your goal, to confuse a newbie golfer who wants to improve. Honestly your actions are pathetic in trying to hijack someone else's thread with these useless posts you make.

You have no knowledge of the golf swing besides the asinine tips from golf magazines and the golf channel. Better to just sit back and learn something instead of showing your lack of knowledge.
post #97 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Yet your are giving no help. Your only advice is a 90 degree tun with out saying how. What turn rates does he need for his hips and shoulders. Does 90 degree tun throw his swing outlf wack right now. You have no clue, you are throwing darts blindfolded.

Then you copy and paste an image from an argument you are having on pitching the ball. What is your goal, to confuse a newbie golfer who wants to improve. Honestly your actions are pathetic in trying to hijack someone else's thread with these useless posts you make.

You have no knowledge of the golf swing besides the asinine tips from golf magazines and the golf channel. Better to just sit back and learn something instead of showing your lack of knowledge.

 

The shoulder turn is not really rocket science,it's pretty easily done certainly by a young person.You can't base a swing on a half shoulder turn.I was answering mkc after he responded to my 90* comment. My comments are all founded on known golf instruction and my own experiences.

post #98 of 195
Actually a proper turn is usually something that always needs fixed by beginners and many good golfers. I played to a 12 handicap with a bad turn. I was 90 degrees, but did it the wrong way. Once again, all you said was make a 90 degree turn, what is important is the how. It doesn't involve a wrist and forearm movement diagrams from another thread.
post #99 of 195
Ban him from this thread out of respect to what makingchicken is trying to do.
post #100 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post

Actually a proper turn is usually something that always needs fixed by beginners and many good golfers. I played to a 12 handicap with a bad turn. I was 90 degrees, but did it the wrong way. Once again, all you said was make a 90 degree turn, what is important is the how. It doesn't involve a wrist and forearm movement diagrams from another thread.

Again,I was responding to mkc's desire to shorten his swing and the fact that he is using an abbreviated shoulder turn to do it.This is the wrong approach.Because you don't appreciate the wrist actions involved does not mean it's nonsense.

post #101 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post

Again,I was responding to mkc's desire to shorten his swing and the fact that he is using an abbreviated shoulder turn to do it.This is the wrong approach.Because you don't appreciate the wrist actions involved does not mean it's nonsense.

 



Do you ever get a point? The point is that the OP has an instructor teaching him the "Right Side Swing".

Maybe he doesn't think more turn is a priority right now. Rod Pampling and Filipe Aguila use that swing so if the OP's swing ends up anywhere in that neighborhood he won't have done too badly.
post #102 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Again,I was responding to mkc's desire to shorten his swing and the fact that he is using an abbreviated shoulder turn to do it.This is the wrong approach.Because you don't appreciate the wrist actions involved does not mean it's nonsense.

 

Bellow are the two posts you made. Again you did not answer anything with the depth required to instruct anyone. Is he going about his swing the wrong way, maybe. Yet, what you posted did nothing at all for his development. I never said I don't appreciate wrist action. Actually it doesn't matter, so yea I don't appreciate it. The reason is that golfers hinge the wrist at different times and different rates. Someone under the teachings of Harmon  might hinge late or hinge at a constant rate with the turn because he believes in getting width with the hands. Someone like Ernie Else has changed his swing to hinge earlier. You can't base a swing on how they hinge the hands. Again, you just claim something with out any depth of information. You throw out tidbits of information that do nothing.  

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

One thing that jumps out is you don't make a 90* left shoulder turn .No matter what golf swing method you use,I have never seen a pro NOT make a 90* turn.

 

your first post, just something generic, with no insight at all. 

 

Once again, how does one get to a full turn. It is a crucial part.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

 

mackinghchicken......it's important to be aware of this if you aren't already.We do all of these during the golf swing and they can be controlled making a difference in the swing...just something to consider.

 

Your 2nd post, which has nothing to do with shortening a back swing. Wrist hinge in the back swing isn't something that is standard among golfers. Some an hinge early, or you can get someone like Ricky Fowler who hinges late. Doesn't matter. What dictates proper sequence, and proper turn is how fast the shoulders turn compared to the hips, as well as the inclination of the shoulder and hip turn. To shallow of a shoulder turn can make a swing get longer than it needs to be because the head moves to much. 

 

Honestly all this image will do is confuse the guy because you didn't state anything on how it this occurs in the golf swing. Once again you show your lack of depth and knowledge on anything related to golf, unless you actually know something and then your communication skills just suck.

post #103 of 195

I would suggest the OP state either, 1) Yes, I want suggestions from anyone and everyone; or, 2) No, this thread is just for me to post my swing videos and comments without outside discussion.

 

Otherwise, this thread will just continue to be back and forth insults, which certainly offers no help to the OP and just makes everyone look either petty or silly.

post #104 of 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
 

Otherwise, this thread will just continue to be back and forth insults

 

No it won't. A moderator took @Phil McGleno's suggestion and restricted the troublemaker from the thread. If @mackingchicken wishes for him to be re-instated because he feels he's been helpful, I may reverse that restriction, but I don't think he's going to send that request…

 

To everyone else, please notice that he's been restricted, and leave it at that.

post #105 of 195
Thread Starter 

Restriction can stay I think haha. Thanks for the support anyways guys, atleast thread finally got some real attention.


Need some advice on a future choice.

As you all know im with an instructor teaching the RSS method and have done two lessons. Though im still not positive I want to 100% go down that path of teaching. The past few times I have been to the range I have relaxed the reverse K set up and, I guess you could say, only concentrated on backswing plane and getting weight forward instead of trying to do the things instructor has given to me and I have been hitting the ball great!

Just wondering even though im hitting ball really good now should I go back to full RSS method and learn it, or take the things I like about it and also work on a more conventional swing? 

 

Also if i was to go with evolvr are these vids good enough?

 

thanks! 

post #106 of 195
Thread Starter 

Any thoughts?

post #107 of 195
I dont think anyone can really tell you what to do-If you are committed to working with your pro that is probably good.-If you wnat to break up with your pro, there are a lot of good options out there for you. Do what you think is good.-Maybe list the pros and cons as you see them for your varius options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackingchicken View Post

Any thoughts?
post #108 of 195
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

I dont think anyone can really tell you what to do-If you are committed to working with your pro that is probably good.-If you wnat to break up with your pro, there are a lot of good options out there for you. Do what you think is good.-Maybe list the pros and cons as you see them for your varius options.

Well im just thinking of going back to trying to learn a more conventional swing. But just not sure so was looking for some advice from people who know what they are talking about 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Member Swings
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Member Swings › My Swing (Mackingchicken)