or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › LPGA fan thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

LPGA fan thread

post #1 of 81
Thread Starter 

I like the LPGA. 

 

I

 

What do you think?

post #2 of 81

From a golf perspective?

 

Sorry, I find it boring.  If I want to see someone hit driver 240 and 7 iron 155, I can play with my buddies.

 

Make no mistake, the ladies are good golfers....much better than I'll ever be, but they don't amaze or entertain me with a level of play that I find unfathomable.

post #3 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

From a golf perspective?

 

Sorry, I find it boring.  If I want to see someone hit driver 240 and 7 iron 155, I can play with my buddies.

 

Make no mistake, the ladies are good golfers....much better than I'll ever be, but they don't amaze or entertain me with a level of play that I find unfathomable.

But @David in FL , can you get your buddies to wear those short skirts?

post #4 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogielicious View Post

But @David in FL
 , can you get your buddies to wear those short skirts?


Sadly, no. But then, none of them have the legs for it either!

I admit that I'll stop and watch some of the cute girls in short skirts periodically, but that's just the male pig in me. a3_biggrin.gif

I assumed the OP was more interested in whether I watched for the golf itself.

post #5 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Junky View Post

I like the LPGA. 

I


What do you think?
I think that's a great visual for what I'm working on with my swing right now. ;).

Oh, and I like the LPGA too ... Don't watch it nearly as much, and can't deny a big part of the draw is the cute girls, but I will watch it occasionally.
post #6 of 81

If we're being honest, as a guy, I much prefer watching LPGA when the cuter girls are in the lead (Beatrice, Sandra, Paula, Azahara, Ai, Pornanong, etc) ... just something about a hot girl that can play golf well.     Unfortunately, hot girls are few and far between on the LPGA tour lately ...

 

One aspect I do like about the LPGA - is that I can at least relate to the club selection ... when I see Dustin pulling a 7i for a 200 yard shot, it doesn't even make sense when compared to my game - I like to at least relate to the club selection ...

post #7 of 81

i couldn't agree more, hot golfers in short skirts on the leaderboard is the way to get ratings...it may be pigish but it is correct - any marketing person knows that!! how do you achieve this goal is much tougher...maybe the LPGA needs to go Tonya Harding on manly looking women every friday at the cut line!!

 

Solhiem cup is good TV but then again Ryder Cup is better...

 

I do watch some ladies golf but i am a golf sicko - the truth is they need more guys like us because casual fans just don't drop into watch chicks play...well virtually any sport!

post #8 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

If we're being honest, as a guy, I much prefer watching LPGA when the cuter girls are in the lead (Beatrice, Sandra, Paula, Azahara, Ai, Pornanong, etc) ... just something about a hot girl that can play golf well.     Unfortunately, hot girls are few and far between on the LPGA tour lately ...

 

One aspect I do like about the LPGA - is that I can at least relate to the club selection ... when I see Dustin pulling a 7i for a 200 yard shot, it doesn't even make sense when compared to my game - I like to at least relate to the club selection ...

This^^ I enjoy being able to relate. This is one of the reasons I like the LPGA and Champion's tour over the PGA

post #9 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by wils5150 View Post
 

This^^ I enjoy being able to relate. This is one of the reasons I like the LPGA and Champion's tour over the PGA

I like that aspect as well.  I get to see how my shots would look in a similar situation.

post #10 of 81

I tune into the LPGA events from time to time. I wish I could say that I was better than just watching to see some cute girls get it around the course, but I can't.

 

That being said, I do think it's nice to be able to get my head around their club selection. Sometimes the tour guys make club choices that are insane.

post #11 of 81
Thread Starter 

Fine player and sneaky sexy.

 

post #12 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthehole View Post
 

If we're being honest, as a guy, I much prefer watching LPGA when the cuter girls are in the lead (Beatrice, Sandra, Paula, Azahara, Ai, Pornanong, etc) ... just something about a hot girl that can play golf well.     Unfortunately, hot girls are few and far between on the LPGA tour lately ...

 

One aspect I do like about the LPGA - is that I can at least relate to the club selection ... when I see Dustin pulling a 7i for a 200 yard shot, it doesn't even make sense when compared to my game - I like to at least relate to the club selection ...

I am a plus 1 on this with you, man I feel like a dirty of man!

post #13 of 81

I've made myself watch more LPGA golf over the years because I think its important, and I've grown to really like it. 

post #14 of 81

I agree, it's hard to relate to a 200yd 7i shot, unless I'm on the moon..lol

 

Enjoy watching the Ladies play. One thing they do pretty well is, umm make that 2 things, is most have a real nice tempo to their swings, and most also real dam good with the flat stick. Goota admit, I'm pulling for Lexi to have a good season.

post #15 of 81

I love the LPGA...never thought I'd ever say that. For the golf (these women are competitive!) and the eye candy. If Taylor Collins ever get's on the LPGA I'll take it a step further and go watch an event live (a SoCal one of course lol). OP, Lexi is an impressive player for her age. It'll be exciting to see her career develop.

post #16 of 81

Nubile teenager Lydia Ko, very underage, now tied for first in Bahamas tourney. 

post #17 of 81

Ko is a monster. So fun to watch. 

post #18 of 81
I am a huge fan of the LPGA. The hotter the player, the better the viewing of golf is.

I wish these golfers would be in contention more:
Natalie Gulbis
Blair O'Neal
Sophie Horn
Belen Mozo
Ryan O'Toole
Cheyenne Woods
And a few more
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › LPGA fan thread