or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Walking vs. Riding
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Walking vs. Riding - Page 5

post #73 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

I thought you were exaggerating, until I saw your location. Yes, it gets pretty hot in AZ. Pretty hot here too in So. Cal., but nothing compared to what you guys get.

I actually tone it down a few degree's ... I play even on those 115 days after work.

 

It seems like less and less courses are designed to be walked ... long stretches between holes.  That's why I am a big fan of older style courses.  

post #74 of 93

If I'm playing 9 I usually walk. Otherwise, I ride or else my left knee will hate me the next day.

post #75 of 93

Yeah the heat and humidity is very tame here so there's little reason to not walk.  It would probably improve my game too since bad shots would punish me with even more walking.  Ha

post #76 of 93
"Golf is a nice long walk spoiled."
post #77 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsk View Post

"Golf is a nice long walk spoiled."

 

Actually, the quote by Mark Twain did not contain the word "long" (He wrote "Golf is a good walk spoiled"), but more pertinent, that statement was made before the invention of the automobile.  He didn't have the option. :smartass: 

post #78 of 93
Insert Debbie Downer sound byte...wuuummmp ....wuuuuuhhh
post #79 of 93
I walk most of the time. Only way to play. It's cheaper too. I walk even if the rest of the guys I'm paired with are riding.
post #80 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinsk View Post

Insert Debbie Downer sound byte...wuuummmp ....wuuuuuhhh

 

Sorry... that reference is meaningless to me.  

post #81 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleraudio View Post

I walk most of the time. Only way to play. It's cheaper too. I walk even if the rest of the guys I'm paired with are riding.

 

Not in my experience.  I try to use golfnow a lot since that is the cheapest way I've found to play and the rounds almost always come with carts.  I guess I could turn down the cart but it's not like they'll refund me anything for it...

post #82 of 93
Saturday Night Live......funny character....
post #83 of 93
I wish I could walk. Sciatica numbs my left leg some times, and other times it makes my left hip/leg throb insufferably. I can ride all I want, no problem, but walking long distances isn't possible. I'm limping by the time I leave the grocery store. Walking even 9 isn't happening. When I played in highschool, we weren't allowed to use carts, and we walked several rounds a week, sometimes 27 holes a day. I'd love to be able to go back to doing that.
post #84 of 93

Walk any chance I get.  Walked 36 holes on Tuesday for the first time, that was a bit rough. ;)

post #85 of 93

Saw something interesting last night and thought of the riding vs. walking debate that always seems to come up. My playing partner forgot his gps and decided to go back to the parking lot to get it after we teed off. I hit a pretty good 3w and started walking to my ball. He was able to go from #1 tee, past the clubhouse, through the parking lot to his car to get the gps and travel to his ball before I was able to walk to mine.

post #86 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 

Saw something interesting last night and thought of the riding vs. walking debate that always seems to come up. My playing partner forgot his gps and decided to go back to the parking lot to get it after we teed off. I hit a pretty good 3w and started walking to my ball. He was able to go from #1 tee, past the clubhouse, through the parking lot to his car to get the gps and travel to his ball before I was able to walk to mine.

 

Either you hit really really far in that high altitude (whereupon you probably walk slower too), or he has one heck of a cart!

 

I have trouble getting ours past 4.75mph. I got a good one the other day that went 4.81mph. 

post #87 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 

 

Either you hit really really far in that high altitude (whereupon you probably walk slower too), or he has one heck of a cart!

 

I have trouble getting ours past 4.75mph. I got a good one the other day that went 4.81mph. 


If anything I walk fast. I forgot my phone so I'm not sure how far it went, 1 is 410 yd par 4 and I was left and slightly behind of the 150 marker. Actually walked to work this AM, my average speed over 3.7 miles was 3.9 mph but I jogged across a few intersections so a little slower than that. But our cart was an old gasser that popped and sputtered the entire round. No joke I said remind me not to get in cart 21 again. It was that bad. There are a few there that are scary fast but this wasn't one. It's not real far from #1 tee, couple hundred yards probably. But he traveled roughly 3x as far as I did in less time.

post #88 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post

Either you hit really really far in that high altitude (whereupon you probably walk slower too), or he has one heck of a cart!

I have trouble getting ours past 4.75mph. I got a good one the other day that went 4.81mph. 

That course needs new carts! A stock electric cart will generally go about 12mph. If you're under 10mph, there's something mucho wrong. A healthy adult should be walking pretty comfortably between 3 and 4 mph.
post #89 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


That course needs new carts! A stock electric cart will generally go about 12mph. If you're under 10mph, there's something mucho wrong. A healthy adult should be walking pretty comfortably between 3 and 4 mph.


Okay, it just feels really slow, and I did exaggerate the slowness of the carts.

 

His friend had a gas powered one, so that makes more sense to me. His friend drove 260*3 yards (almost half a mile) and spent maybe 10-15 seconds getting into his car to get his GPS, in the time it took Dave to walk ~260 yards. My gut tells me the electric cart would still take longer. Unless, of course Dave struggled to get his head cover back onto his club. :smartass: 

post #90 of 93

We have some with faulty exhaust that fly at the former home course, get into the 15 mph range, have to slow down to turn it. My parents have the street legal EZ-GO RXV and that thing is like a little car. I think top speed is around 19-20 mph. Pretty sure the dealer modded it though, wheels and tires are a little bigger.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Walking vs. Riding