or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread - Page 10

post #163 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 

 

I can watch girls in golf skirts for hours....

 

Then perhaps high heels and skirts in a bunker.  Lindsay in background. Lauren swinging the club.

 

 

post #164 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

 

I can watch girls in golf skirts for hours....

Then perhaps high heels and skirts in a bunker.  Lindsay in background. Lauren swinging the club.



Lauren is in great shape and dresses well. Lindsay is not as attractive and her "where's Waldo" style is not for me. She looks okay here, not sure about those shoes but I am sure the show dressed her.
post #165 of 544

Lauren is smokin'... Lindsay, meh. Her personality irks me a little too.

post #166 of 544

I suppose talking about how they all look is the natural thing to do since, as a group, they sure can't play golf.

 

That was about as poor an exhibition of simple short game shots as I've ever seen from people that think they can play. Combine that with no power and you're not bringing anything to the table.

 

Good decision at the end to give up thoughts of professional golf. Some of the others should follow her lead.

post #167 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturday View Post

SPOILER ALERT:

Glad to see Dallas go.. That swing is horrendous! Lauren is now the hottest IMO.

 

When you say "spoiler alert", but don't hide the spoiler as hidden text, it doesn't do any good!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Just sayin'.......   :-P

post #168 of 544

I thought Mary was going to lose it when she watched Sadena blow her drive past hers.   Mary can't be happy with how the show is portraying her.  I get that she's providing the footage but the producers decide what footage to use.  Thus far she looks like a female version of Squatch in how she dwarfs the other girls but she has a bully mentality and not as good a golf game as she thinks.

 

Given the minimal eye candy and poor golf skills this could be one of the worst BB's ever.  Hope things pick up. 

post #169 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

Lauren is smokin'... Lindsay, meh. Her personality irks me a little too.

I agree. If I was to nit pick Lauren, I would say her hair is her her only minus.

post #170 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

Lauren is smokin'... Lindsay, meh. Her personality irks me a little too.


True. Lauren's pretty solid. I definitely don't hate it.

post #171 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

Given the minimal eye candy and poor golf skills this could be one of the worst BB's ever.  Hope things pick up. 

 

QFT.

 

Seriously. I could barely watch last night's. I intended to post several things, as I watched, and all I managed was my comment about their driver distance. I barely paid attention to the rest, and even skipped 10 minutes at one point to see who was going home.

post #172 of 544

I don't really get all the hate for BB. I agree that it's not a top-shelf show, but I don't expect it to be so my expectations are tempered a bit from the beginning. I enjoy most things golf, so personally I think it's pretty decent television for a Monday night when I have nothing going on. If you want to see women play better golf, watch the LPGA. There's a reason that these girls aren't playing on tour yet, and it's because their skill set is either not fully developed or not polished enough to make it. I just sit back and take it for what it is, and to me that's enjoyable. If that's not enough for you, look up some archived LPGA events and you will get to watch women with better golf skills.

post #173 of 544

No way Sadena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Watching now on the DVR.

 

Sub-235-yard drives? At least Sadena busted out a 276-er.


Sadena hit a 275 yard drive!! Somebody's lying since we all know that since WE can't hit it past 250 nobody else should be able to.  Especially a tiny little girl. lol

post #174 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightEdge View Post
 

No way Sadena


Sadena hit a 275 yard drive!! Somebody's lying since we all know that since WE can't hit it past 250 nobody else should be able to.  Especially a tiny little girl. lol

 

 

@iacas I know you didn't make the comment about the 300 yard drives. I was just replying to the content of the post.

post #175 of 544

I think Sadena lost her edge by taking the money and competing poorly. If the comments from the others were legit she had them worried. Not sure the long drive is enough to keep them on edge.

post #176 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

I don't really get all the hate for BB. I agree that it's not a top-shelf show, but I don't expect it to be so my expectations are tempered a bit from the beginning. I enjoy most things golf, so personally I think it's pretty decent television for a Monday night when I have nothing going on. If you want to see women play better golf, watch the LPGA. There's a reason that these girls aren't playing on tour yet, and it's because their skill set is either not fully developed or not polished enough to make it. I just sit back and take it for what it is, and to me that's enjoyable. If that's not enough for you, look up some archived LPGA events and you will get to watch women with better golf skills.

Exactly!  I don't know what people expect from a group of girls that is not even able to compete on the LPGA tour - a tour that several people on this forum don't even watch because they think the quality of the golf is too poor.

 

I take new episodes of BB over re-runs of Feherty or Jimmy Roberts' show any day!  Actually, I'd take it over new episodes of those shows as well ... seeing as I don't watch them. :)

post #177 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

Exactly!  I don't know what people expect from a group of girls that is not even able to compete on the LPGA tour - a tour that several people on this forum don't even watch because they think the quality of the golf is too poor.

 

I take new episodes of BB over re-runs of Feherty or Jimmy Roberts' show any day!  Actually, I'd take it over new episodes of those shows as well ... seeing as I don't watch them. :)


One thing about the LPGA though.  I noticed that those ladies mostly throw darts at the flags.  Their proximity to the hole sure does seem to be a little better than the men. However, I know they are playing shorter holes and all that but don't they play a lot of the same courses the guys play just from different tees?  I see them make great wedge and short iron shots and even hybrid shots weekend after weekend. Maybe because they swing slower they make more controlled swings??

post #178 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightEdge View Post
 


One thing about the LPGA though.  I noticed that those ladies mostly throw darts at the flags.  Their proximity to the hole sure does seem to be a little better than the men. However, I know they are playing shorter holes and all that but don't they play a lot of the same courses the guys play just from different tees?  I see them make great wedge and short iron shots and even hybrid shots weekend after weekend. Maybe because they swing slower they make more controlled swings??


Maybe but all we ever see is the leaders. Which are the top few at any given time and there isn't much rotation at the top. Nobody will deny Stacy, Inbee and Suzann are awesome but the women in the middle of the pack and below not so much. At least compared to PGA or even Champions Tour standards. If they have a problem it's the field isn't very deep. But I feel they should get more credit than they do on this forum.

post #179 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RightEdge View Post
 


One thing about the LPGA though.  I noticed that those ladies mostly throw darts at the flags.  Their proximity to the hole sure does seem to be a little better than the men. However, I know they are playing shorter holes and all that but don't they play a lot of the same courses the guys play just from different tees?  I see them make great wedge and short iron shots and even hybrid shots weekend after weekend. Maybe because they swing slower they make more controlled swings??

I think it's a combination of easier courses, shorter tees, and softer greens.  I don't really know.

post #180 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2512 View Post
 


Maybe but all we ever see is the leaders. Which are the top few at any given time and there isn't much rotation at the top. Nobody will deny Stacy, Inbee and Suzann are awesome but the women in the middle of the pack and below not so much. At least compared to PGA or even Champions Tour standards. If they have a problem it's the field isn't very deep. But I feel they should get more credit than they do on this forum.


You are right about that.  Most of the coverage is of the top few female golfers. I'm a beginner myself but based on what I have seen I am of the opinion that some of those ladies are REALLY good.  Paula Creamer makes a crap load of long putts and Inbee is just ridiculous with her putter. Stacy Lewis is deadly accurate with her irons. Those ladies are pretty darned good.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread