or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread - Page 17

post #289 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

I have to agree with you guys, Sadena is playing way too safe considering the skill and mental advantage she has on this show.

If she was to pocket every win, she might make 50k win or lose by the time the show is over. I wouldn't want to end up empty handed in 2nd and regret not stashing cash all the way though.

I think this is a major difference between men and women.  I think most men are arrogant enough to take the money and play for immunity where are the women lack the confidence to make that sort of move.  Men also care less about being liked or nice, where Sadena and the other girls are too concerned about how their decisions will affect the other girls.

post #290 of 544
The fact that this thread generated these many posts says it all. As for me, I avoid the program at all cost. Watching adult "kids" behaving badly in sports/game I love is a torture. Program like this is another proof that reality shows have gone berserk. Back to watching real golf ....
post #291 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post

I think this is a major difference between men and women.  I think most men are arrogant enough to take the money and play for immunity where are the women lack the confidence to make that sort of move.  Men also care less about being liked or nice, where Sadena and the other girls are too concerned about how their decisions will affect the other girls.

Yeah, you're right on, they apologize every time they pick someone for elimination.
post #292 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkim291968 View Post

The fact that this thread generated these many posts says it all. As for me, I avoid the program at all cost. Watching adult "kids" behaving badly in sports/game I love is a torture. Program like this is another proof that reality shows have gone berserk. Back to watching real golf ....

There really isn't anything better as far as golf goes on Mon night, which makes it my favorite thing to watch being the golf junkie I am.

As far as the casting goes, I don't mind drama in this type of show, but comon, your out there because you think you have what it takes, so stop kissing up and own your game!
post #293 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post


Yeah, you're right on, they apologize every time they pick someone for elimination.

I wasn't even thinking about that, but you're right.  It's an interesting dynamic when you consider how different they are compared to men.  I can't imagine apologizing to someone I selected to compete against because I thought I could beat them.

post #294 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtogolf View Post
 

I wasn't even thinking about that, but you're right.  It's an interesting dynamic when you consider how different they are compared to men.  I can't imagine apologizing to someone I selected to compete against because I thought I could beat them.

 

Women aren't built that way. They're social, while men are more competitive.

post #295 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexager View Post
 

I agree with most of you, this is some atrocious golf for some people that are aspiring tour pro's.  

 

I think GC should do something that would get their viewership way more involved. Have a show like BB but instead of professionals, have hacks like us on their in a "golf bootcamp" and play off for an awesome golf grand prize. Hell, maybe it would get someone who is a perennial low single digit handicapper the help they need to try to move on.

 

What do you guys think?


I've thought for a long time that would make a better show. I would rather see guys playing around scratch that spend too much time trying to make a living for their families to put enough into golf to see how good they might be, given the right chance.

 

Pretty sure I know a couple of such golfers that could at least hold their own on that show. I can't say for sure what they would look like out there but I would like to see it.

post #296 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 


I've thought for a long time that would make a better show. I would rather see guys playing around scratch that spend too much time trying to make a living for their families to put enough into golf to see how good they might be, given the right chance.

 

Pretty sure I know a couple of such golfers that could at least hold their own on that show. I can't say for sure what they would look like out there but I would like to see it.

Well, many of the guys in recent seasons of the Big Break were already like that: players that are around scratch but don't have much playing experience and have another job to make ends meet. And chances are, these players were eliminated quite early on in the series. This isn't really anything new. However, it is true that only a few of the players were like this, and most of the players were full time professional golfers.

post #297 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

Well, many of the guys in recent seasons of the Big Break were already like that: players that are around scratch but don't have much playing experience and have another job to make ends meet. And chances are, these players were eliminated quite early on in the series. This isn't really anything new. However, it is true that only a few of the players were like this, and most of the players were full time professional golfers.

And it seemed to me that they were picked for the show based more on a personality quirk that the producers thought would make good ratings than any golf ability.

 

I would like to throw the club champions from a few clubs onto each show to keep things honest.

 

I know of one "pro golfer" that plays around on the mini-tours like most the Big Break players do. A funny conversation is when some of the better golfers around here say "I don't know why he thinks he can be a pro. He can't even beat us".

 

(And they are correct. He can't beat them).

post #298 of 544

http://mikeadamsgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cover_Swing_Tracking1.pdf

 

Renee is in that PDF (Feb 2012 article… that I won't comment on here…).

post #299 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

http://mikeadamsgolf.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Cover_Swing_Tracking1.pdf

Renee is in that PDF (Feb 2012 article… that I won't comment on here…).

Wow, good find lol.
post #300 of 544
Here is something else you may or may not know: Matt Every was a past Big Breaker.
post #301 of 544

Surprise, surprise. Tonya is eliminated. She was clearly outmatched by all the other 3 on her team tonight, hitting two really atrocious pitch shots and losing to Mary by two shots on two of the easiest holes on the golf course. 

Other notes

On the par 5 17th, it said the hole was 465 yards, but they only had 165-170 yard approaches. And it didn't seem to be too downwind either because Tonya actually hit a hybrid on the approach around 180 yards (10 yards over green). So either Tonya has really weird distance distribution (300 driver, 180 hybrid) or Big Break is really messing up the yardages (perhaps purposely to make the scores look better) and the hole actually played around 400 yards.

 

Also, is anyone else annoyed at how Kristi and Fiamma seem to be lucking out and gaining immunity every single show despite not hitting many good shots at all?

post #302 of 544
It's 465 from the tee box on the other side of the water.
post #303 of 544

"If you took everything I said for what it's worth you're not going to like me."

 

Yep Mary. You may be the most arrogant and unlikeable person I've seen in a while. The whole "You are stupid to pick me" thing really rubs me the wrong way.

post #304 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS256 View Post
 

"If you took everything I said for what it's worth you're not going to like me."

 

Yep Mary. You may be the most arrogant and unlikeable person I've seen in a while. The whole "You are stupid to pick me" thing really rubs me the wrong way.

 Yeah...that was a really stupid thing to say on television (or otherwise). When she gets eliminated it'll all come out that she acts the way she does to hide insecurities, blah blah blah. I hope Rene knocks her off.

post #305 of 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENtSwing32 View Post
 

 Yeah...that was a really stupid thing to say on television (or otherwise). When she gets eliminated it'll all come out that she acts the way she does to hide insecurities, blah blah blah. I hope Rene knocks her off.

So do I.  I was rooting so hard for Tonya in this elimination challenge.

 

If I was Renee during the end of the first challenge, I would have been liable to go off on her when she played the little "you guys are stupid to pick me" game.  Who the **** do you think you are??

post #306 of 544

As a person, I would really hate to be around Mary. She seems to lack any manners on and off the course and many of her quotes have been very insulting and degrading towards others. I don't think I need to repeat all of the things Mary has said or done throughout the series. However there are a few things that we should consider before we continually bash Mary:

 

1) Mary's "personality" may had something to do with exaggerations from Golf Channel. Remember, many of our perceptions of Mary come from the interviews. In many of the interviews, Golf Channel gives the ladies excessive amounts of alcohol to "loosen them up". This may cause people to say things that they normally may not say. In addition, Golf Channel only airs about one to minutes of each player's interview/confessional footage when it actually takes upwards of an hour to shoot. Since they are showing such a small sample of the total interviews, they can piece together different things and cause the interviews to be misconstrued. Several examples of this have been seen in past seasons, where player comments were clearly put out of place purposely to make a point and exaggerate something.

 

2) Despite the antics, when it comes down to it, Mary has not shown to be that bad of a golfer. Yes, she is very streaky, but she has had her share of good shots and clearly outplayed Tonya in this week's elimination challenge. I know that many of you guys wanted Tonya to win but in the end, I want the person who plays the better golf to win and in this case, Mary clearly hit the better shots. Talk aside, Mary really hasn't shown to be a weak link. She may be cocky, but I don't have a major problem with it if she says shes going to win a challenge and actually wins it.

 

Again, Mary is most certainly not my favorite player on this season of the Big Break by any means a, but I just want you guys to see her in a different light because there may be a reason she's doing what she's doing.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread