or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread - Page 26

post #451 of 546
Ugh...
post #452 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Ugh...

Seriously.
post #453 of 546

Yes, Sadena was eliminated, but I actually kind of like the fact that Mary chose Sadena for the elimination challenge. I think it showed guts on her part, even though she clearly knew and stated that Fiamma was the "weaker link". Regardless of whether she picked Sadena because of her friendship with Fiamma or if she wanted to take out a stronger player and have a "real match" with Sadena like she said she did, kudos to her for winning the match. Throughout the whole season she emphasized that she thought Sadena was beatable and she said that numerous times throughout the season and she actually showed that today. Yes, she may be a bully, but today she showed that she can still play. (kind of)

post #454 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Ugh...

I feel you.
post #455 of 546

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.

post #456 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.

 

If Jackie or Renee aren't in the final episode, I literally will have zero desire to watch it.

post #457 of 546
Kudos to Mary again. Wow. I had Sadena/Jackie as the final two by a mile but Mary keeps delivering. I think Renee and Fiamma still seem heavily outgunned, and Mary is the only other legitimate competitor left for Jackie.

Can't say I'm enthralled with the season, yet here I am. I still watch (but more and more as background noise with an eye on the elimination holes). If nothing else this season introduced me to the Symetra Tour, which I've found to be a compelling race for 10 LPGA cards.
post #458 of 546

In the preview for the next episode, it's kind of obvious that their having two head-to-head matches, the winner of each goes on to the finale, the two losers are eliminated. This penultimate episode format has also appeared on Big Break Mexico, Big Break Indian Wells. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this format because it kind of restricts who is eliminated/who is moving on. Since the promo shows Jackie vs Mary in one match and Fiamma vs Renee in the other, it means that the final match will not be between one of these duos. 

 

I'm 99% sure based on the comments from the preview that the final 2 are Jackie and Renee. Fiamma, who is going against Renee, says "of course I wanted to win..." in the post round interview. Someone who just won doesn't say that, leading me to believe that Renee won her match. That doesn't surprise me either, Fiamma is clearly outmatched. Jackie also said something along the lines of "everyone thought I was safe, I wasn't" Honestly, that sounds like something someone who won says. If she lost, she would be saying "I knew I still had a chance....." Again, GC may be misportraying these girls but that is what I believe.

post #459 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

Yes, Sadena was eliminated, but I actually kind of like the fact that Mary chose Sadena for the elimination challenge. I think it showed guts on her part, even though she clearly knew and stated that Fiamma was the "weaker link". Regardless of whether she picked Sadena because of her friendship with Fiamma or if she wanted to take out a stronger player and have a "real match" with Sadena like she said she did, kudos to her for winning the match. Throughout the whole season she emphasized that she thought Sadena was beatable and she said that numerous times throughout the season and she actually showed that today. Yes, she may be a bully, but today she showed that she can still play. (kind of)

 

Hmmm,  I said Mary was a bully several weeks ago.  You and several others vehemently disagreed.   Within the last few pages of this thread, several people have called her a bully and now you do as well........    Interesting.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 

 

If Jackie or Renee aren't in the final episode, I literally will have zero desire to watch it.

I haven't really watched an episode for a couple of weeks (TV was on but I wasn't paying much attention to it) and after last night, I won't be watching any more of them either.    Bad golf is bad golf and I have better things to do than watch really bad golf............    

 

Like another poster stated, what this season and this discussion really did, was introduce me to the Symetra Tour and in doing so, it gave me a chance to see how some of the BB alumni are doing.   That opened my eyes to just how bad BB is in general and how especially bad this particular season has been.  As a result, I seriously doubt I will ever watch another season of BB.

post #460 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.

 

I like Renee as well, she's a definite underdog, hope she wins it all.

post #461 of 546
I think Mary has worn the same pants the entire show.. I think they belong to Craig Stadler.
post #462 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post
 

 

Hmmm,  I said Mary was a bully several weeks ago.  You and several others vehemently disagreed.   Within the last few pages of this thread, several people have called her a bully and now you do as well........    Interesting.......

I haven't really watched an episode for a couple of weeks (TV was on but I wasn't paying much attention to it) and after last night, I won't be watching any more of them either.    Bad golf is bad golf and I have better things to do than watch really bad golf............    

 

Like another poster stated, what this season and this discussion really did, was introduce me to the Symetra Tour and in doing so, it gave me a chance to see how some of the BB alumni are doing.   That opened my eyes to just how bad BB is in general and how especially bad this particular season has been.  As a result, I seriously doubt I will ever watch another season of BB.

Seems like people on this forum are finally beginning to realize how important Symetra tour results and outside results are, hitting a few good shots on the show is not going do you any good in the future and missing a couple of shots here is not going to affect your future either. Symetra tour results are the best indicator of a player's abilities and the oppurtunities they will get. I have been advocating this since day 1, its a pity that we had to wait so long until basically only the Symetra tour players (Mary, Sadena, Jackie, Renee) remained on the show to realize this. But yes, I will agree that this seasons players will pretty bad, usually a season will have like 6-8 decent Symetra tour players wile this season only had 4 players qualfied to play the Symetra tour, where all the top-tier Big Breakers' play.

 

Also, I said she may have been a bully, may have been a bully depending on whether GC misconstrued her actions to make her look like a bully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.

Again, I was advocating for Renee since day 1 because I was one of the few that actually looked at the fact that she was one of the 4 who played on the Symetra tour.

post #463 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

Seems like people on this forum are finally beginning to realize how important Symetra tour results and outside results are, hitting a few good shots on the show is not going do you any good in the future and missing a couple of shots here is not going to affect your future either. Symetra tour results are the best indicator of a player's abilities and the oppurtunities they will get. I have been advocating this since day 1, its a pity that we had to wait so long until basically only the Symetra tour players (Mary, Sadena, Jackie, Renee) remained on the show to realize this. But yes, I will agree that this seasons players will pretty bad, usually a season will have like 6-8 decent Symetra tour players wile this season only had 4 players qualfied to play the Symetra tour, where all the top-tier Big Breakers' play.

You also said the golf on this season was better than Atlantis (I disagree, but that is nothing new, I don't agree with much you say), yet the players from this season all finished behind two from Atlantis and Renee didn't even make the cut..................   Again, this is why I will not be watching any more of this BB season or any future season.    There is no real correlation between success on BB and success on a tour (apparently at any level)..   Couple that with bad golf and it's lost any appeal it ever had for me...

post #464 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post
 

You also said the golf on this season was better than Atlantis (I disagree, but that is nothing new, I don't agree with much you say), yet the players from this season all finished behind two from Atlantis and Renee didn't even make the cut..................   Again, this is why I will not be watching any more of this BB season or any future season.    There is no real correlation between success on BB and success on a tour (apparently at any level)..   Couple that with bad golf and it's lost any appeal it ever had for me...

The last tournament was pretty bad but Jackie has been doing decently overall. Atlantis vs Florida is debateble overall in golfing quality. What I don't agree with is the statement "there is no real correlation between success on BB and success on a tour (apparently at any level)." 4 out of the top 5 are the four out of all 12 to qualify for the Symetra tour though intensive Q-school and other series of tournaments. That shows a very, very strong correlation between tournament results and on-show performance. That was how I knew Jackie, Renee, Mary, and Sadena would perform right from the beginning, even though at the time many had doubts about Mary and Renee. Renee and Mary's results haven't been pretty this year, that's true, but at least they qualify for the Symetra tour and are not floundering around on the cactus tour like Kristi, Kylee, Lindsay, and Tonya, struggling to get in even the lowest Symetra tour events.

 

As regards to watching--sure do whatever you want, no one ever forced you to watch... No one ever said the golf on the show was good, I'm just saying relatively speaking the Symetra tour players are doing decently.

post #465 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

The last tournament was pretty bad but Jackie has been doing decently overall. Atlantis vs Florida is debateble overall in golfing quality. What I don't agree with is the statement "there is no real correlation between success on BB and success on a tour (apparently at any level)." 4 out of the top 5 are the four out of all 12 to qualify for the Symetra tour though intensive Q-school and other series of tournaments. That shows a very, very strong correlation between tournament results and on-show performance. That was how I knew Jackie, Renee, Mary, and Sadena would perform right from the beginning, even though at the time many had doubts about Mary and Renee. Renee and Mary's results haven't been pretty this year, that's true, but at least they qualify for the Symetra tour and are not floundering around on the cactus tour like Kristi, Kylee, Lindsay, and Tonya, struggling to get in even the lowest Symetra tour events.

 

As regards to watching--sure do whatever you want, no one ever forced you to watch... No one ever said the golf on the show was good, I'm just saying relatively speaking the Symetra tour players are doing decently.


I'm not talking about using tournament results to predict show success........     I am talking about parlaying show success into tour success.   You know, the actual premise of the show, the whole "big break" thing.........  Gainey and Every aside, the rest of the BB winners (or high placing finishers) have had marginal (to be generous) success on any level pro tour.   Which is why I said there is no real correlation between success on the show and success on a tour.  I stand by it and results like last week's Symetra Tour event support it.

post #466 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

In the preview for the next episode, it's kind of obvious that their having two head-to-head matches, the winner of each goes on to the finale, the two losers are eliminated. This penultimate episode format has also appeared on Big Break Mexico, Big Break Indian Wells. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of this format because it kind of restricts who is eliminated/who is moving on. Since the promo shows Jackie vs Mary in one match and Fiamma vs Renee in the other, it means that the final match will not be between one of these duos. 

 

 

Hmm, this is disappointing. I think many of us just got turned off with many aspects of this season. This takes my interest level down yet another notch.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.

 

Agreed. It was hilarious that the Symetra gals were piling on the letters to Fiamma who might be the weakest overall golfer there, and who did not seem to be on a hot streak. Yet despite the pile-on,  the elimination round was Sadena and Mary. Kinda funny. Renee just wants to let the golf determine the winner, not any other shenanigans. In her mind, if you shot the worst for that round, you got the extra letter. No drama.

 

Renee seems so nice and non-confrontational, but I'd love to see her step up her confidence. On the Symetra Tour, her play has been pretty weak so if she did win this BB thing, the victory hasn't translated into more confidence on tour. Mary, on the other hand, has perked up on tour, so win or lose BB, she has certainly used the experience in BB to get motivated beyond the show. Bottom line, that's ultimately what matters, of course. 

post #467 of 546

I guess I look at it differently than most. What I take away from the whole thing is not who can do well, or not do well, on the Symetra Tour. It's that I can't believe the level of play on the Symetra Tour (or any pro tour) can be low enough for any of them to play on it.

 

I'm totally unimpressed by all of them.

post #468 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post
 

I'm finding myself drawn more and more towards Renee.  They've all kind of assumed she sucked since the beginning, and never taken her very seriously, and she's quietly been playing pretty well while sort of minding her own business and keeping a low profile.

 

I liked her goofy choices in the HORSE game for the same reason.

 

She's definitely still the underdog, and therefore she's my favorite.


I like how she has been under the radar since the beginning. Interesting strategy in that she is not making any enemies. She specifically used distances to add letters in the game of BREAK. She is definitely my favorite.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread