or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread - Page 28

post #487 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchshot View Post

First of all... YES, more full holes for elimination and one immunity challenge. I've seen weeks and weeks of who can hit best at 95 yards, I get it, let's see some golf already!

Next: just because someone is winning on some random tour does not mean they are a better player, just playing better at the moment. I've watched Tiger get beat by players far less superior.

Also: I have to agree the golf hasn't been that bad... This isn't the pro tour, it's armatures aspiring to be pros and playing under a spotlight.they aren't used to. In addition, I still saw 1 ft chip shots this week, not bad.

Lastly: Ugh again on what happened this week!

"First of all... YES, more full holes for elimination and one immunity challenge. I've seen weeks and weeks of who can hit best at 95 yards, I get it, let's see some golf already!"

I agree, but from many sources/past player comments, I believe the elimination challenges are actually more holes than they actually show and they just edit out the holes that don't make a difference. This may also explain why there is never a tie on an elimination challenge. In real golf, two players of similar abilities should tie quite often over a two hole sample. So maybe there are actually like 4 holes and they only show 2 or maybe they actually tied over the first two and then they replaced one of those with the tiebreaker or something like that...

 

"Next: just because someone is winning on some random tour does not mean they are a better player, just playing better at the moment. I've watched Tiger get beat by players far less superior."

Umm.....I mean, well, the same could be said of the Big Break I guess; the players faring better are just "playing better" at the moment. But the tour results are better overall indicators of golf game over the course of 36-72 holes than the Big Break. And really, that statement is really meaningless, even I could say I'm a better golfer than Tiger Woods, he just happens to be playing better golf than me. ;-)

 

"Also: I have to agree the golf hasn't been that bad... This isn't the pro tour, it's armatures aspiring to be pros and playing under a spotlight.they aren't used to. In addition, I still saw 1 ft chip shots this week, not bad."

FYI, all of the players here are pros, and many of them have been for several years.

post #488 of 546

Tom Abbott annoys me......................... whether it be on the Big Break or his pro golf coverage.   I think the GC likes hiring people with accents!   LOL

post #489 of 546

Tonya McCall bagged her first win on the Cactus Tour yesterday. Congrats to her.

 

http://www.thecactustour.com/schedule.html

post #490 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlSpackler View Post
 

Tonya McCall bagged her first win on the Cactus Tour yesterday. Congrats to her.

 

http://www.thecactustour.com/schedule.html

 

Cool. Impressive victory over the 2nd place player: 8 strokes in 3 rounds. 

 

McKenzie Jackson was just 19 back.  Kylee D 35 back! Wow, almost giving up 12 per round to Tonya. I thought Tonya was better on this season's Big Break, but not necessarily 12 strokes per round better. 

post #491 of 546

Cant see how they afford to play as a pro.  Did you see the money leaders?

post #492 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby98 View Post
 

Cant see how they afford to play as a pro.  Did you see the money leaders?

Well I guess some of them are "investing" in their future; maybe they had some savings from their families and will use them to play for a short amount of time (1 year) to see if it works out.... If it doesn't they'll quit.

 

Look at it, from Big Break Atlantis, almost all of the golfers have quit:

Marcela: quit golf

Selanee: still playing

Gloriana: quit

Christina: quit

Anya: still playing

Kelly: quit

Allison: quit

Natalia: quit

Aubrey: quit

Zakiya: quit

Shannon: still playing

Meghan: still playing (horribly)

 

And of these 4 that not have not quit, Anya is the only one really have any sort of success. Meghan is just living off her rich family (plays occasionally on cactus tour but averages like 85 shots), and I'm not sure how the other 2 get by. So to answer you question, if they can't get by, they'll just quit.

post #493 of 546

This week on Symetra, it's Jackie, Sadena (yes I'm bummed she was eliminated), and Mary. (no Renee this week, and of course, Fiamma doesn't play Symetra that I know of). 

 

Jackie is getting into form. Alone in 1st place with -4. Only 10 of the 141 players who finished are under par for round 1. 

Sadena is middle of the pack at #63 (+4).

Mary is near the bottom at #139 (+14).  Maybe last week was a fluke that Mary ousted Jackie over 54 holes? 

 

Go Jackie!

 

Note: Kristi O'Brien made it to this event too- I think this is her first ever because her profile shows no stats or results. She's ahead of Mary at #126 (+9). 

 

Also, this Emily Talley pic is on the front page of the tourney site on Symetra. Isn't this a huge "chicken wing?"  Doesn't look extended to the target.

 

post #494 of 546

Nice job, Mary....in solo last place out of 139 players after a terrible 86 with 5 bogeys, three double bogeys, one triple bogey, and no birdies. And my two cents: If Jackie played anywhere near her actual abilities, she would have won BB in a landslide. I think she is the real favorite at this point, especially considering she just beat Mary by a full 18 shots and has scoring averages of around 6 shots better than any of the others remaining. (Renee is still a dark horse, though)

 

Here are the overall Big Breaker Results:

Jackie Stoetling 68

Selanee Henderson 72

Mallory Blackwelder 73

Sara Brown 73

Shannon Fish 74

Emily Talley 76

Sadena Parks 76

Maiya Tanaka 76

Taylor Collins 77

Blair O'Neal 78

Carling Nolan (Coffing) 80

Lili Alvarez 81

Kristi O'Brien 81

Stefanie Kenoyer 84

Mary Narzisi 86

 

Cactus tour:

Tonya McCall 68-69-72

Nina Rodriguez 69-74-74

Lindsay Aho 70-77-74

McKenzie Jackson 76-73-79

Kylee Duede 79-84-81

 

And just for fun, here are the LPGA Big Breaker Results:

Gerina Piller 72-71

Ryann O'Toole 70-73

Anya Alvarez 73-76

post #495 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post
 

This week on Symetra, it's Jackie, Sadena (yes I'm bummed she was eliminated), and Mary. (no Renee this week, and of course, Fiamma doesn't play Symetra that I know of). 

 

Jackie is getting into form. Alone in 1st place with -4. Only 10 of the 141 players who finished are under par for round 1. 

Sadena is middle of the pack at #63 (+4).

Mary is near the bottom at #139 (+14).  Maybe last week was a fluke that Mary ousted Jackie over 54 holes? 

 

Go Jackie!

 

Note: Kristi O'Brien made it to this event too- I think this is her first ever because her profile shows no stats or results. She's ahead of Mary at #126 (+9). 

 

Also, this Emily Talley pic is on the front page of the tourney site on Symetra. Isn't this a huge "chicken wing?"  Doesn't look extended to the target.

 

This golf swing kind of looks like Meghan Hardin's--very choppy and her head dips down a lot causing her to have trouble with extensions. I thought Emily's was better though, maybe it was just that swing,

post #496 of 546

@bobbob Do you play golf or just care a lot about Big Break?

 

Just asking… you don't post anywhere else. This site has a lot of content.

post #497 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post

"First of all... YES, more full holes for elimination and one immunity challenge. I've seen weeks and weeks of who can hit best at 95 yards, I get it, let's see some golf already!"
I agree, but from many sources/past player comments, I believe the elimination challenges are actually more holes than they actually show and they just edit out the holes that don't make a difference. This may also explain why there is never a tie on an elimination challenge. In real golf, two players of similar abilities should tie quite often over a two hole sample. So maybe there are actually like 4 holes and they only show 2 or maybe they actually tied over the first two and then they replaced one of those with the tiebreaker or something like that...

"Next: just because someone is winning on some random tour does not mean they are a better player, just playing better at the moment. I've watched Tiger get beat by players far less superior."
Umm.....I mean, well, the same could be said of the Big Break I guess; the players faring better are just "playing better" at the moment. But the tour results are better overall indicators of golf game over the course of 36-72 holes than the Big Break. And really, that statement is really meaningless, even I could say I'm a better golfer than Tiger Woods, he just happens to be playing better golf than me. a2_wink.gif

"Also: I have to agree the golf hasn't been that bad... This isn't the pro tour, it's armatures aspiring to be pros and playing under a spotlight.they aren't used to. In addition, I still saw 1 ft chip shots this week, not bad."
FYI, all of the players here are pros, and many of them have been for several years.

1: if they actually play more than 2 holes and only show those that would make a lot more sense and is an interesting theory, I would hope this is true. The 2 hole tie you mentioned makes a lot of sense.
2; your not better than tiger, sorry. My throught would be which player is better at thief best and then what percentage of the the time are they capable of playing this game = better player.

For example:
Player 1: best score 32, avg score 36 - 40
Player 2: best score 37, avg score 47 - 50
Player 3: best score 39, avg score 42 - 47

In these 3, p1 is obviously the winner even if p2 or p3 happen to win once in awhile.

To your point, the question becomes who is better p2 or p3? While p2 is capable of playing better golf, p3 plays better more often.

3: you are correct, what I was trying to say is they are all on a lower level aspiring to be on a higher level.

With all this said, nice stats from more tours, very interesting how many have quit to me.
post #498 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

Nice job, Mary....in solo last place out of 139 players after a terrible 86 with 5 bogeys, three double bogeys, one triple bogey, and no birdies. And my two cents: If Jackie played anywhere near her actual abilities, she would have won BB in a landslide. I think she is the real favorite at this point, especially considering she just beat Mary by a full 18 shots and has scoring averages of around 6 shots better than any of the others remaining. (Renee is still a dark horse, though)

 

Interesting choice of words there.........  Especially the past tense...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

@bobbob Do you play golf or just care a lot about Big Break?

 

Just asking… you don't post anywhere else. This site has a lot of content.

 

I think we addressed that back earlier in this thread..........

post #499 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamroper60 View Post
 

I think we addressed that back earlier in this thread..........

 

I  missed it. What's the executive summary?

post #500 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

I  missed it. What's the executive summary?
I don't remember the entire exchange, but somebody "accused" him of being a producer of the show or something. For the same thing you noticed (this is the only thread he participates in) and a couple specifics of a couple posts ... I forget what they were.

I guess that's not technically an executive summary, eh? More like a "secretary who's daydreaming and not paying any attention to this meeting" summary. ;). Sorry, best I could do.
post #501 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post


I don't remember the entire exchange, but somebody "accused" him of being a producer of the show or something. For the same thing you noticed (this is the only thread he participates in) and a couple specifics of a couple posts ... I forget what they were.

I guess that's not technically an executive summary, eh? More like a "secretary who's daydreaming and not paying any attention to this meeting" summary. ;). Sorry, best I could do.


That somebody was me and it wasn't an accusation but rather asking him directly if he was a part of the cast/crew of BB as a result of some information he posted and the fact he only posts in BB or BB related threads.   His replies first denied, then left the impression he is a producer on BB...

 

Since iacas said to "move on" at that point, it was over.............    BTW @iacas you have a PM with a longer version of this post............

post #502 of 546

I am surprised at how easy it can be to fool people into thinking you're BB producer. As long as I just post in the Big Break thread and seem interested in stats, that automatically makes me a Big Break producer.

post #503 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbob View Post
 

I am surprised at how easy it can be to fool people into thinking you're BB producer. As long as I just post in the Big Break thread and seem interested in stats, that automatically makes me a Big Break producer.


No, it actually doesn't.  Since you seemed to have inside information, I asked if you were part of the cast/crew.  You were the one who said producer.   Ironically, you have yet to actually deny that either  (such a denial now would carry little weight either, since it would have been prompted)..........

post #504 of 546

Well I though my statements made it quite clear I wasn't but there is no need to argue any further.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread