or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Break Florida (2014) Thread - Page 6

post #91 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Eh. I'm barely even paying attention.

I know I'd sit on the OUT bench every time. I've spent a lot of time looking at GIR stats, let alone stats from 130 yards or whatever. And these are women.

What would you say 130 for women is equivalent to for men?
post #92 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

What would you say 130 for women is equivalent to for men?

 

110 or so.

 

Flag was in the middle, at least.

 

Mary's kind of a jerk. I didn't care for her "you guys aren't thinking this through very well. Sorry." comment.

post #93 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

What would you say 130 for women is equivalent to for men?

 

110 or so.

 

Flag was in the middle, at least.

 

Mary's kind of a jerk. I didn't care for her "you guys aren't thinking this through very well. Sorry." comment.

Ya think? Mary is gross. Physically unattractive and top it off with a ugly personality... Confidence is one thing but she is bullyish and a spoiled dick.

post #94 of 546

Girl has 251 yards. Then says "I want to just lay up to 100 yards."

 

So she hits some sort of fairway metal…????

post #95 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Girl has 251 yards. Then says "I want to just lay up to 100 yards."

So she hits some sort of fairway metal…????

Deep down she knows that she should be trying to get as close as possible.
post #96 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post


Deep down she knows that she should be trying to get as close as possible.

 

She "literally felt her heart, like, shatter."

 

Freaking monkeys…

 

 

 

 

 

 

… are no more.

post #97 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

What would you say 130 for women is equivalent to for men?

110 or so.

Flag was in the middle, at least.

Mary's kind of a jerk. I didn't care for her "you guys aren't thinking this through very well. Sorry." comment.
Ya think? Mary is gross. Physically unattractive and top it off with a ugly personality... Confidence is one thing but she is bullyish and a spoiled dick.

Yeah, I think she's trying to get a psychological edge. That will work against mentally weak players but someone who is tough inside and has skill should pwn her soul.
post #98 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Girl has 251 yards. Then says "I want to just lay up to 100 yards."

So she hits some sort of fairway metal…????
Hahaha, I was just talking about that with my wife when we were watching. The golf is mediocre at best.. Mary is basically looking like she's going to eat someone or drive over them with her Ford F350.. I'm only interested in seeing what Melanie will be wearing :)) damn did she look good tonigt.
post #99 of 546

Probably nice people but don't have anything close to the mental toughness it takes to be a professional athlete of any kind. One class bully and the rest scared to death and not cut out for a competitive sport.

 

I would pick Mary for the elimination challenge every single time but it wouldn't be for some sort of strategy that I had to explain to her to make it alright.

 

It would be because I would want to kick the bully's butt and if I couldn't do it, big deal. That would mean I wasn't good enough and needed to go get a job as a secretary somewhere.

post #100 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Girl has 251 yards. Then says "I want to just lay up to 100 yards."

 

So she hits some sort of fairway metal…????

 

I noticed that as well.  I'd think a 6 or 7 would get her there?  Maybe creative editing.

 

I didn't think the golf was as bad as some have stated.  Seems like a decent amount of those shots were in the 5-8 ft range.  

 

That Mary is just kind of an ass, huh?  And she really thinks highly of herself.  So pissed that she got picked - as if it was the dumbest decision ever.  I can tell you one dumber - Sadena.  Based on what I've seen so far, she is much better than Mary.  Just because you are big and a jerk does not make you the best golfer.  

 

And hadn't Tonya already decided that she would sit on the bench that ensured that she would go up against Mary because she felt she could out shoot her?  And didn't it work?  She really got called out twice during the show.  She did well in the elimination, but I'd still say her bark is worse than her bite.  And her craptastic attitude is kind of a distraction to the show.  It's like she is talking all of those girls into thinking she is force with all her BS.

 

Sadena is ice.

 

Tonya seems good.

 

I liked Lindsay's decision to pick Mary because the other girl was scared of her.  It did not end up mattering because Mary was out before they got to a driver hole, but it was fairly clever all the same.  Just because those two were tasked to pick someone to play against didn't mean they were on the same team.

 

I'm still having trouble getting my mind around who they all are.  I had to look up their names to write this.

post #101 of 546

I think it's kinda lame that when one of the gals wins a challenge for 2500.00, then has to either give it back to be good to go for the next day, or keep it and participate is kinda weak, she won the $$$, 

post #102 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey View Post
 

And hadn't Tonya already decided that she would sit on the bench that ensured that she would go up against Mary because she felt she could out shoot her?  And didn't it work?

Not exactly.  They were tied in points going into the final girl.  She had the choice to basically flip a coin to win (guess the opposite of Mary on the last girls shot) or play to win (stick with Mary and assure a tie for fourth if the girl misses)

 

Anybody who has even the slightest confidence in themselves would choose to play it out rather than flip a coin ... and the fact that it was Mary was just a coincidence.

 

-------------------------------------

 

To be honest, Mary's shit-talking sounded a lot worse to me during the out-of-context, pre-show teaser than it did during the show.

 

Also, after realizing that Courtney was so inexperienced and outmatched, she looked a lot more vulnerable, and consequently, a lot less annoying, than she did on the previous show.  I felt bad for her.

post #103 of 546
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

 

Not exactly.  They were tied in points going into the final girl.  She had the choice to basically flip a coin to win (guess the opposite of Mary on the last girls shot) or play to win (stick with Mary and assure a tie for fourth if the girl misses)

 

Anybody who has even the slightest confidence in themselves would choose to play it out rather than flip a coin ... and the fact that it was Mary was just a coincidence.

 

I see what you're saying - she didn't pick Mary out of a crowd or anything.  But right out of the gate she wasn't concerned with weather or not the girl would hit the circle.  Instead of leaving it to chance or her intuition on that girl's accuracy, she chose to engineer a head-to-head shootout.  And she knew who the opponent would be.  I think this says she thought she had a better than 50% chance of beating her.  And then she did.

post #104 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdwhiskey View Post
 

 

I see what you're saying - she didn't pick Mary out of a crowd or anything.  But right out of the gate she wasn't concerned with weather or not the girl would hit the circle.  Instead of leaving it to chance or her intuition on that girl's accuracy, she chose to engineer a head-to-head shootout.  And she knew who the opponent would be.  I think this says she thought she had a better than 50% chance of beating her.  And then she did.

Also, don't forget that it was edited that way as well.  They never explained the rules deeply and didn't explicitly say anything like Tonya gets to choose last.  For all we know, Mary chose to follow Tonya.

 

Regardless, anybody with any confidence at all on a show like this is going to choose to sit next to anybody else and leave it up to their game instead of a coin flip.  Were Tonya tied with any other person on that show, she would have done the exact same thing.  Mary as well.  And I would wager every other girl would have done the exact same thing ... except for maybe Courtney.  Based on her nervousness at the end, I could see her maybe trying to "take the easy way out" but she would be the only one.

 

--------------------------------

 

By the way, I was irritated at the hosts because they didn't explain the first challenge very well.  They said that each girl got to choose their distance, but they DIDN'T say that they couldn't choose a distance that was already chosen.  I was mocking a few of the later girls for choosing 115 or 110 instead of 80 or 85 ... until I finally realized at the very end that they could only choose a distance that wasn't already chosen. :doh:

post #105 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post

I think it's kinda lame that when one of the gals wins a challenge for 2500.00, then has to either give it back to be good to go for the next day, or keep it and participate is kinda weak, she won the $$$, 
I would say they should get to take the 2500 and play or take like 1500 or 1000 and sit out. At least give them some money
post #106 of 546
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRAboy View Post


I would say they should get to take the 2500 and play or take like 1500 or 1000 and sit out. At least give them some money

 

 

That would also be a fair deal.IMHO

post #107 of 546

Courtney Coleman is probably the worst golfer the Big Break has ever seen. Yes worse than Meghan Hardin, worse than Brian Skatell, worse than Cirbie Sheppard. She made a 4 from 65 yards, a 4 from 145 yards, and 7 from 460 yards. Really? And she kept on acting like it was just a bad day -- but its was clearly not. As a professional golfer, Courtney has only played in one tournament, a Canadian Tour tournament, where she shot a 94. And her putting is atrocious, from missing 3-5 footers to leaving long putts way short.  

 http://golfcanada.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/rcga13/event/rcga132/contest/7/contestant/10950/scorecard.htm

post #108 of 546

Another think that irks me about Courtney is that she keeps on saying she got eliminated because she was "naive" but in reality, she got eliminated because of her bad golf.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Big Break Florida (2014) Thread