or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 53

Very cool!!!

post #20 of 53
Some of these vanity caps are ludicrous... Chris Berman at 18?

Saw two old guys, I think one was Charles Schwab, listed as 6 and 9, laughable...
post #21 of 53

very well done!

post #22 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Some of these vanity caps are ludicrous... Chris Berman at 18?

Saw two old guys, I think one was Charles Schwab, listed as 6 and 9, laughable...

 

I'm sure there are some, but remember, these are hard courses that most of them aren't very familiar with, in tough weather and high-profile tournament conditions.  I doubt that I'd play anywhere near my actual hcp out there......  :8)

post #23 of 53

Gotta give Peyton Manning for appearing in such a public event so soon after one of the worst days of his professional life. He engaged the fans very graciously as well. Nice, athletic swing too for a guy who has had multiple neck surgeries.

post #24 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post
 

Gotta give Peyton Manning for appearing in such a public event so soon after one of the worst days of his professional life. He engaged the fans very graciously as well. Nice, athletic swing too for a guy who has had multiple neck surgeries.

 

Agree.  Class act.

 

He's hit some outstanding shots too.

post #25 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

Agree.  Class act.

He's hit some outstanding shots too.

Particularly impressive because he probably hasn't played much in months.
post #26 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Particularly impressive because he probably hasn't played much in months.

 

Or maybe he's played a lot in the last two weeks to prepare for the Pro-Am… and forgot to practice football?

 

That would explain a lot… :D

post #27 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post

I'm sure there are some, but remember, these are hard courses that most of them aren't very familiar with, in tough weather and high-profile tournament conditions.  I doubt that I'd play anywhere near my actual hcp out there......  b4_blushing.gif

I'm sure you're right, but I look at Berman and don't see a swing that's going to produce anywhere near a sub 100 round on my local muni.

Anyone else think #8 at Pebble is an outstanding hole?
post #28 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


I'm sure you're right, but I look at Berman and don't see a swing that's going to produce anywhere near a sub 100 round on my local muni.

Anyone else think #8 at Pebble is an outstanding hole?

 

One of the best holes on the planet.

post #29 of 53
post #30 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer 4 View Post
 

DA Points DQ'd...........  http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golftalkcentral/points-dqd-using-practice-aid/

 

Points said:

 

Quote:
“It’s my fault for not knowing the rule and I own up to that,” he said. “But I don’t want people thinking I was using some sort of contraption or device. It’s just a green spongy ball. That’s it. It’s not something they sell online or anything.”

 

They do sell those kinds of things online, not that where it's available has anything to do with it.

 

He violated the rule. The rule is NOT stupid because you cannot reasonably list out what is and isn't a training aid. The squishy ball is not used to play golf (unlike headcovers), so it falls under the "training aid" type of definition.

post #31 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by phan52 View Post

One of the best holes on the planet.

Seems like it's severely underrated. Everyone talks about other holes like 7 and 18 (which is spectacular) but that second shot on 8 looks super intense.
post #32 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Points said:


They do sell those kinds of things online, not that where it's available has anything to do with it.

He violated the rule. The rule is NOT stupid because you cannot reasonably list out what is and isn't a training aid. The squishy ball is not used to play golf (unlike headcovers), so it falls under the "training aid" type of definition.

Right, but to me it seems like using a headcover for anything other than covering the head of a club is "unusual". Isn't that the rule?
post #33 of 53

Holy Shit, that is some serious wind.

post #34 of 53

Walker birdies 17, and leads by 6 shots going to the final hole. Good to see Hunter T'd for 2 at -7.  Walker shoots a 67 to lead the field by 6 going into tomorrows round.

 

Tomorrow should be an exciting day!!!!


Edited by Hammer 4 - 2/8/14 at 8:46pm
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Some of these vanity caps are ludicrous... Chris Berman at 18?

Saw two old guys, I think one was Charles Schwab, listed as 6 and 9, laughable...

Yeah after seeing his swing there is no way - it was up there with Barkley"s. It was almost a no hinge, straight push/slap shot with the head lunging forward. On the opposite side I am really surprised that Manning is a 7. His swing looks good and the contact sounds really solid. No doubt he could be a 2 or so with more time/practice.

 

I was also really impressed with Don Cheadle. Not sure what is index is, but he had a solid swing and made good contact too.

post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Seems like it's severely underrated. Everyone talks about other holes like 7 and 18 (which is spectacular) but that second shot on 8 looks super intense.


It gets a lot of attention too. Most consider the 8th the hardest hole on the course, and Jack at some point said it was his favorite shot/approach on tour. One thing that does not come across on TV is the wind - it can be brutal there on the 8th.

 

There are several other hole/shots that do not get too much attention on Pebble. 5, 7, 8-10, 17 and 18 get all the attention (partly for the views), but I really enjoy the second on 2, the second on 6, 12, and second on 16. I think all around Pebble is one of the best course for approach shots.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread