or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › New England Golfers › Discussions › TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing

TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing - Page 8

post #127 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

He may not. It is an American reference.

You're right, he's fresh off the boat...
post #128 of 148

Man, I just realized that I'm putting together a work golf outing for 12-15 of my colleagues and today I locked down July 19th as the date. 

 

Is the 19th a hard date?

post #129 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Man, I just realized that I'm putting together a work golf outing for 12-15 of my colleagues and today I locked down July 19th as the date. 

Is the 19th a hard date?

No, not necessarily. I also just realized it's British Open Saturday, which isn't a deal breaker but kinda sucks.

Thinking of sending a group PM to solicit opinions more quickly.
post #130 of 148

@jamo - you still setting this up?

 

I would totally be down to play on the July 20th, FWIW (if @colin007 can make it). :-D

 

BTW, who else besides @Valleygolfer was interested?

post #131 of 148
I might be able to do the 20th
post #132 of 148
You guys should totally do that. I unfortunately can't, the wife and I are leaving for Italy on the 21st for our 10 year anniversary trip. Have a great time!
post #133 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

@jamo
- you still setting this up?

I would totally be down to play on the July 20th, FWIW (if @colin007
can make it). a3_biggrin.gif

BTW, who else besides @Valleygolfer
was interested?

Only problem with that date is that it's British Open Sunday.
post #134 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Only problem with that date is that it's British Open Sunday.

Yeah, if it's possible to do a mid afternoon tee time, maybe we can pull it off while still being able to watch the British Open.

FWIW, I can do almost any weekend in August.
post #135 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

You guys should totally do that. I unfortunately can't, the wife and I are leaving for Italy on the 21st for our 10 year anniversary trip. Have a great time!

Wow, brah, congratulations!
post #136 of 148
Sunday time would be golden for me. Saturday's I am tied up until 6.
post #137 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Wow, brah, congratulations!

Thanks dood! It's an accomplishment these days with so many couples/relationships failing all the time.
post #138 of 148
Thread Starter 
Responses to the group PM I've gotten so far. Not sure it's enough to make a tee time right now.
post #139 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post

Responses to the group PM I've gotten so far. Not sure it's enough to make a tee time right now.

 

You can put me down as a yes regardless of Colin for the 20th.

 

Can't on the 26th or 27th.

 

What about weekends in August?

post #140 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 

What about weekends in August?

 

One of them is booked already. :)

post #141 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

One of them is booked already. :)
I can do the 20th as well, I was thinking we would watch the Open.
post #142 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post


Thanks dood! It's an accomplishment these days with so many couples/relationships failing all the time.

 

Well, it's not that hard for her considering how whipped you are. :whistle:

post #143 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

You guys should totally do that. I unfortunately can't, the wife and I are leaving for Italy on the 21st for our 10 year anniversary trip. Have a great time!

Hold on to your wallet.  We (two couples) were there in June.  Pickpockets attacked us twice in Rome subway.  One attempt  was successful, I caught the second one, it was a team of two guys,  one shoving a tourist map in my face asking for directions though I couldn't understand a word, while the other was removing my belt to get at my looped pouch.  They just walked away after I chopped his forearm.  

post #144 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Well, it's not that hard for her considering how whipped you are. e2_whistling.gif

To quote my girl Rihanna, "sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me..."
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston blackie View Post

Hold on to your wallet.  We (two couples) were there in June.  Pickpockets attacked us twice in Rome subway.  One attempt  was successful, I caught the second one, it was a team of two guys,  one shoving a tourist map in my face asking for directions though I couldn't understand a word, while the other was removing my belt to get at my looped pouch.  They just walked away after I chopped his forearm.  

Thanks for the heads up. We are going to Florence, hopefully it's a little better than Rome.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New England Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › New England Golfers › Discussions › TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing