or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › New England Golfers › Discussions › TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing

TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing - Page 3

post #37 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Option?

http://golfthefox.com/crumpin-fox/course/

I would prefer closer to Boston myself...

Whoa, $70+ for a round


I agree but I was not sure what caliber of GC we would play.

 

I hear ya.  I mean, if I don't have any other commitments, then I'm down to play wherever, just trying to save some money for new irons and an Edel putter.


To be perfectly honest, I prefer to keep greens fees under 45 clams unless it is a special occasion.

post #38 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

Option?

http://golfthefox.com/crumpin-fox/course/

I would prefer closer to Boston myself...

Whoa, $70+ for a round


I agree but I was not sure what caliber of GC we would play.

 

I hear ya.  I mean, if I don't have any other commitments, then I'm down to play wherever, just trying to save some money for new irons and an Edel putter.


To be perfectly honest, I prefer to keep greens fees under 45 clams unless it is a special occasion.

 

Yeah, I've paid $60 with a cart last year for 18 on Columbus Day on a gorgeous day and then paid an extra $15 to play another 9.  Worth it, IMO.

post #39 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


To be perfectly honest, I prefer to keep greens fees under 45 clams unless it is a special occasion.

Highfields is $54 weekdays, $61 weekend, Shining Rock is $53/$64, Cyprian Keyes is $59 weekends before 11, $54 other times.
post #40 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


To be perfectly honest, I prefer to keep greens fees under 45 clams unless it is a special occasion.

Highfields is $54 weekdays, $61 weekend, Shining Rock is $53/$64, Cyprian Keyes is $59 weekends before 11, $54 other times.

It's not like I don't have the coin, I just usually keep a limit. This would be a special occasion and I will pay the fee where ever we go. I am going to guess we are keeping it under a Bennie...

post #41 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post


To be perfectly honest, I prefer to keep greens fees under 45 clams unless it is a special occasion.

Highfields is $54 weekdays, $61 weekend, Shining Rock is $53/$64, Cyprian Keyes is $59 weekends before 11, $54 other times.

Do those prices include the cart or not?

post #42 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Do those prices include the cart or not?

Yup.
post #43 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Do those prices include the cart or not?

Yup.

 

Nice.

 

If we go in July, I should be able to go whenever.  Other times of the year would have to be the weekend for me.

post #44 of 148

If we get enough guys and go during the week, I'm certain Cyprian will cut a deal. They run some crazy promotions to get midweek play. There was a time a few years ago where they were giving away a Callaway driver to whomever made a tee time for a foresome during the week.  Yes, you read that right. All of the courses Jamo listed are are quality choices. I think Shining rock is a tick above the rest if it's in good shape, but I lean towards the other two because If people are traveling any distance I'm sure they'd like a range, which Shining Rock lacks.

post #45 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dables View Post

If we get enough guys and go during the week, I'm certain Cyprian will cut a deal. They run some crazy promotions to get midweek play. There was a time a few years ago where they were giving away a Callaway driver to whomever made a tee time for a foresome during the week.  Yes, you read that right. All of the courses Jamo listed are are quality choices. I think Shining rock is a tick above the rest if it's in good shape, but I lean towards the other two because If people are traveling any distance I'm sure they'd like a range, which Shining Rock lacks.

Who needs a range? We're all going to shoot in the 60's without warming up. ;)
post #46 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dables View Post

If we get enough guys and go during the week, I'm certain Cyprian will cut a deal. They run some crazy promotions to get midweek play. There was a time a few years ago where they were giving away a Callaway driver to whomever made a tee time for a foresome during the week.  Yes, you read that right. All of the courses Jamo listed are are quality choices. I think Shining rock is a tick above the rest if it's in good shape, but I lean towards the other two because If people are traveling any distance I'm sure they'd like a range, which Shining Rock lacks.

Who needs a range? We're all going to shoot in the 60's without warming up. ;)

How are we going to get free tips from @iacas if we don't have a range!!! b2_tongue.gif
post #47 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dables View Post

If we get enough guys and go during the week, I'm certain Cyprian will cut a deal. They run some crazy promotions to get midweek play. There was a time a few years ago where they were giving away a Callaway driver to whomever made a tee time for a foresome during the week.  Yes, you read that right. All of the courses Jamo listed are are quality choices. I think Shining rock is a tick above the rest if it's in good shape, but I lean towards the other two because If people are traveling any distance I'm sure they'd like a range, which Shining Rock lacks.

Who needs a range? We're all going to shoot in the 60's without warming up. ;)

How are we going to get free tips from @iacas if we don't have a range!!! b2_tongue.gif

 

Don't you mean, how is @iacas going to learn from us? :banana:

post #48 of 148

Cyprian would be a little less than a 2 hour drive for me. If this actually happens on a date that works I'm down.

post #49 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post
 

Don't you mean, how is @iacas going to learn from us? :banana:

 

I'm not entirely sure I can make it. I'm not quite in New England. I'd like to try, though.

post #50 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFKFREAK View Post

 Hi
Don't you mean, how is @iacas
 going to learn from us? c5_banana.gif

I'm not entirely sure I can make it. I'm not quite in New England. I'd like to try, though.

Technically, neither am I or Colin. ;)
post #51 of 148
Would Central Mass be most equidistant for most people?
post #52 of 148
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Would Central Mass be most equidistant for most people?

Seems like the best option.
post #53 of 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post

Would Central Mass be most equidistant for most people?
Whenever everyone agrees on a date and location, I'll see if I can make it. It will be more than three hours drive for me anyway, so distance is really irrelevant.
post #54 of 148

Central Mass would work for me. Any further North would start to be a bit of a drive.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: New England Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › New England Golfers › Discussions › TST New England Spring/Summer 2014 Outing