or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Honda Classic Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2014 Honda Classic Discussion Thread - Page 2

post #19 of 229

I just want to see Mr. McDowell in contention on Sunday....is that too much to ask!? Already far too excited for this tournament. Maybe I'll just sleep for the next two days. 

post #20 of 229

I always pull for Adam Scott. I'm hoping he plays well after the extended break but wouldn't be surprised if he has to shake off some rust.

post #21 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPtheKid View Post
 

I always pull for Adam Scott. I'm hoping he plays well after the extended break but wouldn't be surprised if he has to shake off some rust.

I detest that uses an anchored putter. So unseemly for such a good player. 

 

:naughty:

post #22 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Web Junky View Post
 

I detest that uses an anchored putter. So unseemly for such a good player. 

 

:naughty:

I think they look ugly, but I don't have a problem with any player using a long putter. 

 

That aside, I am super duper excited to watch Tiger play. Hopefully we get some good weather this weekend and I'll have a few good rounds before I sit down to watch the tournament! 

post #23 of 229

The course will suit Adam for sure, but a layoff since Waialae is hardly ideal.  Interesting though how Scott has adapted his 2014 schedule vs that of last season.  http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.24502.adam-scott.html/season I'd love to know the reasoning behind the strategy change.

post #24 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBamford View Post

The course will suit Adam for sure, but a layoff since Waialae is hardly ideal.  Interesting though how Scott has adapted his 2014 schedule vs that of last season.  http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.24502.adam-scott.html/season I'd love to know the reasoning behind the strategy change.
I think Adam is the most confident player on tour right now. He knows that he doesn't have to play in a lot of tournaments in order to play consistently well.
post #25 of 229

Yeah I think Adam will be fine. He was playing really good golf to close 2013 and if he gets hot with the putter he can compete anywhere with anyone.

post #26 of 229

And so it begins....Zach Johnson already 3 over par? ishhhh. 

post #27 of 229
post #28 of 229

Ishikawa +7 through 7 with a snowman on 2.

 

I got that.....

post #29 of 229

this course seems hard and mean

post #30 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 

this course seems hard and mean

 

Lift Clean and Cheat too.

 

I'm sure @impactswing is happy. :P

post #31 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

And so it begins....Zach Johnson already 3 over par? ishhhh. 


That is what happens when you splash 2 balls on the same hole

post #32 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

 

You da man.

post #33 of 229

i just saw a graphic on Ishikawa that said he had 3953 rpms on his drive.  could that possibly be right?  it was a near perfect hit, 308 yards total and 1.49 smash.

post #34 of 229

8 pars and a birdie on Tigers front (back) nine.  nice and steady.

post #35 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
 

http://pgatour.cbssports.com/live/

Thanks for the link!

 

I didn't know it was on already.

 

 

Finally a tournament with a field I am interested in seeing...

 

I hope both Rory and Tiger do well. 

post #36 of 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin007 View Post
 

i just saw a graphic on Ishikawa that said he had 3953 rpms on his drive.  could that possibly be right?  it was a near perfect hit, 308 yards total and 1.49 smash.

 

Seems high. What were his other parameters?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Tour Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Tour Talk › 2014 Honda Classic Discussion Thread