or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Why is this happening?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why is this happening? - Page 2

post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

I think the 5 keys could be the simplest way of taking the average golfer and saying -if you want to hit the ball better,do this.It may not be the only way,but the simplest way ,which is what golf needs.

 

For sure, however, your other posts tend to contradict this very reasonable post. 

You come across as seeming (to me anyway.. I won't talk for others) to be out to rubbish the 5 Simple Keys in previous posts. 

 

Instead of coming out batting with "This guy breaks all the rules".... why not ask Iasac or others nicely if they could take some time to show you Darcy's swing and the 5 keys within it. 

I'm not sure if they would take the time to do that for you but you've a better chance of learning something with that approach. 

 

When the guys say that Darcy has the 5 Keys, I really don't think they want anyone to assume he learned the 5 keys from them, or that he learned the swing in that manner. 

Your post suggest that you think they are claiming credit for it in some way... Well, that's the only reason I can see from the abrasive comments. 

post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 

Actually I have only recently addressed the 5 keys directly,and certainly NOT trashed them.My unpopularity seems to have arisen from suggesting Mickelson and Trevino's chipping/pitching methods may be the way to go.

 

 

I clearly need the 5 keys to editing.

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

Actually I have only recently addressed the 5 keys directly,and certainly NOT trashed them.My unpopularity seems to have arisen from suggesting Mickelson and Trevino's chipping/pitching methods may be the way to go.

 

 

I clearly need the 5 keys to editing.

Ok, well I'm relatively new here and it's not my place to be defending anyone or moderating.. but that was my first impressions of your posts. 

 

You went from (imo obv) an abrasive posting style to very reasonable one. 

Only saying that as input and it may help stop the negative reaction in future. 

post #22 of 26

Don't know "why this is happening".  Also don't know why everybody is bashing the OP.

 

On another note, I'm puzzled by the turn of this forum into a "5 key" fan club.  It seems yesterday's .obsession with S & T has given way.  

post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston blackie View Post
 

Don't know "why this is happening".  Also don't know why everybody is bashing the OP.

 

You should read his other posts. We don't exist in a vacuum - people remember the way others behave (as you clearly demonstrate below).

 

Besides, we still don't know what "this" is, and the OP staunchly refuses to tell us.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston blackie View Post
 

On another note, I'm puzzled by the turn of this forum into a "5 key" fan club.  It seems yesterday's .obsession with S & T has given way.  

 

Calling it "yesterday" is a stretch at best. A year ago we thoroughly dismantled much of S&T.

 

5 Simple Keys® is the best-selling instructional DVD on the market for the past 18 months. It has helped the games of thousands of golfers. Golfers here do this of their own volition - they make no money, and get no real benefits at all.

 

You should visit more often. Perhaps you'd drop into the single digits. :-) 

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston blackie View Post
 

Don't know "why this is happening".  Also don't know why everybody is bashing the OP.

 

On another note, I'm puzzled by the turn of this forum into a "5 key" fan club.  It seems yesterday's .obsession with S & T has given way.  

 

http://thesandtrap.com/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys#post_676278

 

Started in mid 2011, got introduced to the Forum in early 2012. So over 2 years ago the official switch to 5 keys was made available on the forum. 

 

Also, is it a bad thing that people adapt  and evolve their ideas and concepts. Why should a forum stick to being something that they don't believe in anymore? I think it just shows the willingness of Erik and the rest of the 5 keys instructors that they are willing to keep pushing the envelope and keep fine tuning their methodology for the better. 

post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Started in mid 2011

 

And was being worked on almost a full year prior to that…

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

Also, is it a bad thing that people adapt  and evolve their ideas and concepts. Why should a forum stick to being something that they don't believe in anymore? I think it just shows the willingness of Erik and the rest of the 5 keys instructors that they are willing to keep pushing the envelope and keep fine tuning their methodology for the better. 

 

Dave didn't name us "Golf Evolution" for no reason… :-)

post #26 of 26

What is wrong with being a fan of something that works I ask?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Practice Range › Instruction and Playing Tips › Why is this happening?