or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › 9 holes before work + 9 holes after work= A Legit 18?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

9 holes before work + 9 holes after work= A Legit 18?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
In these cold winter months I've fantasizing about playing this summer whenever I could and I had a question I thought you guys could answer. I'm probably going to be the director of a summer camp at my school which is 5 minutes from one of my favorite golf clubs (Pelham Bay/Split Rock in the Bronx.) I definitely intend on doing some early bird back 9's and then getting in at least the front 9 during twilight on the same day.

My question: Does any rule prevent me from considering this as a legit 18 hole round?
post #2 of 6
It may be considered a combined round on your handicap card, but it will equal the same handicap number so who cares.
post #3 of 6
For a handicap score entry its not necessary to play a full round, you can play a partial round with out having to make up the remainder. for example you could play 6 holes and count it towards a round of 18 for score. Let's say you are handicap of 12 and you play 6 holes in no particular order or quantity of par holes, let's say after 6 holes you have to leave for an emergency, you are 5 over par with one double bogie on a par four hole.

You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfisher View Post

You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.

 

That's untrue. I believe to post an 18-hole round you need to complete 13 or more holes. 7 holes for 9-hole rounds.

 

bc0e0f62-e16f-4102-990a-2696b8190dae.gif a. Scores To Post

To post a 9-hole score, the player must play 7 to 12 holes, and at least 7 holes must be played in accordance with the principle of the Rules of Golf.  To post an 18-hole score, the player must play at least 13 holes in accordance with the principles of the Rules of Golf. (See Decisions 5-1a/3 through 5-1a/5.)

post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

That's untrue. I believe to post an 18-hole round you need to complete 13 or more holes. 7 holes for 9-hole rounds.

 

bc0e0f62-e16f-4102-990a-2696b8190dae.gif a. Scores To Post

To post a 9-hole score, the player must play 7 to 12 holes, and at least 7 holes must be played in accordance with the principle of the Rules of Golf.  To post an 18-hole score, the player must play at least 13 holes in accordance with the principles of the Rules of Golf. (See Decisions 5-1a/3 through 5-1a/5.)

 

And even then you do not account for the missing holes in the way @Spitfisher described.  It has nothing to do with how you played the holes you played.  Missing holes are assigned scores equal to par plus any stroke(s) you are allowed due to handicap.  

 

(I know YOU know this Erik, but I am adding it to help counter the rest of the misinformation.)

 

As to the OP's original question, just post both scores as nine hole scores and the handicap service you use will combine them.

post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfisher View Post

For a handicap score entry its not necessary to play a full round, you can play a partial round with out having to make up the remainder. for example you could play 6 holes and count it towards a round of 18 for score. Let's say you are handicap of 12 and you play 6 holes in no particular order or quantity of par holes, let's say after 6 holes you have to leave for an emergency, you are 5 over par with one double bogie on a par four hole.

You can record an 18 hole round as 15 over par for handicap purposes.

I mis-spoke ( wrote ) on this matter of partial rounds for handicap scores. I knew it could be done once a pattern had been set for x amount of holes. just had my numbers screwed up, thank you above for the clarification.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › 9 holes before work + 9 holes after work= A Legit 18?