For some odd reason (maybe not for golf), I have lost my driver shot.
Use to hit my stiff R9 (neutral setup) 275-295 straight, little fade or little draw sometimes. Recently I started hitting slices, not straight, not left (at all), lost my distance too. The ball would go straight at the start then 40-50yds to right at the end, very consistent too, so much that I can aim left rough and maybe hit the right fairway. Started topping or hitting low, low drives as well.
Went out and bought a new R1 (stiff) setup at 10.5u and the weight setup as a draw, exact same issue. Thought the new club would help, na ah.
Odd thing, all my other clubs are fine, no issues or slicing, even with a stiff 3i that I can hit 220-230. Hitting R11 stiff shafts gw-4i, 3wood x-stiff.
Tried this so far with driver...
- grip - neutral to strong, no luck
- inside swing path - no help
- face open, closed, or neutral, same result. If I shut face extremely, I can hit a low duck hook
- tried closing driver face on downswing, no luck
- tried hitting inside of ball to promote hook spin, no luck
- checked stance and put grip back to neutral - still slicing
At the point where I will not pull the driver out. Got my 4th eagle the other day, 3wood about 270/280, 8iron into par5, made putt. No driver :-( Side note, got lucky on the tee shot, fairways were super fast/dry.
Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!