or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf courses or Driving ranges In lexington, KY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Golf courses or Driving ranges In lexington, KY

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
I am playing in a tournament In Lexington, KY the first week of april at the marriott griffin gate golf course. Which from what i have heard is really nice, But they do not have a range or practice area there. Was looking for a place to warm up hit some balls and putt some where close before my tee. I am not from the area i live about 1 1/2 north by cincinnati. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
post #2 of 9

Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I have a question of my own if you don't mind? Is this just a local tournament or is it some type of public event? I did a quick search and didn't find much about it so I'm just curious. The reason I ask is because I know they have a state-am qualifier there at the end of May that I may play in if I haven't qualified yet and would possibly be interested in attending this tournament as a warm-up to get familiar with the course. I live in the western part of the state, so I'm not real familiar with Lexington other than the college campus and downtown area.

post #3 of 9

How's this? Griffin Gate is a terrific course....played there years ago.

 

Lexington Golf Driving Range Facilities
Tee It Up Driving Range
40 practice tees
4400 Athens Boonesboro Rd 
Lexington, KY 40509-9488
(859) 263-2152 
0 miles from center of Lexington .
Whitehaven Golf Range
45 practice tees
100 Yorkshire Blvd 
Lexington, KY 40509-1807
(859) 263-5310 

2 miles from center of Lexington .
Man O War Golf Learning Ctr.
130 practice tees
2901 Parkers Mill Rd 
Lexington, KY 40513
(859) 259-4653 
www.manowargolf.com 
10 miles from center of Lexington .
Meadowpark, Inc.
30 practice tees
4369 Lexington Rd 
Winchester, KY 40391-9708
(859) 744-5155 

10 miles from center of Lexington .
Colonel Golf & Learning Center
20 practice tees
1601 Foxhaven Dr 
Richmond, KY 40475-1056
(859) 624-9910 

16 miles from center of Lexington .



Golf Tips: Lexington Golf Driving Ranges and Practice Facilities http://www.golflink.com/golf-driving-ranges/city.aspx?dest=Lexington+KY#ixzz2tJZlN5zC

post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post

Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I have a question of my own if you don't mind? Is this just a local tournament or is it some type of public event? I did a quick search and didn't find much about it so I'm just curious. The reason I ask is because I know they have a state-am qualifier there at the end of May that I may play in if I haven't qualified yet and would possibly be interested in attending this tournament as a warm-up to get familiar with the course. I live in the western part of the state, so I'm not real familiar with Lexington other than the college campus and downtown area.


 



I dont Mind at all.

Its for the Golf weekly AM Tour. Its the opening event for us. I play on the cincinnati tour since i live 5 minutes from there but they have this one for the all the tours close to there. If you sign up for the tour anyone can play in it. Its a 2 day tournament as well so you would get a good feel for it. Im going down that friday and playing the course. the tournament is april 4th and 5th.
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozcycle View Post

How's this? Griffin Gate is a terrific course....played there years ago.



 



Lexington Golf Driving Range Facilities



Tee It Up Driving Range

40 practice tees

4400 Athens Boonesboro Rd 

Lexington, KY 40509-9488

(859) 263-2152 

0 miles from center of Lexington .



Whitehaven Golf Range

45 practice tees

100 Yorkshire Blvd 

Lexington, KY 40509-1807

(859) 263-5310 



2 miles from center of Lexington .



Man O War Golf Learning Ctr.

130 practice tees

2901 Parkers Mill Rd 

Lexington, KY 40513

(859) 259-4653 

www.manowargolf.com 

10 miles from center of Lexington .



Meadowpark, Inc.

30 practice tees

4369 Lexington Rd 

Winchester, KY 40391-9708

(859) 744-5155 



10 miles from center of Lexington .



Colonel Golf & Learning Center

20 practice tees

1601 Foxhaven Dr 

Richmond, KY 40475-1056

(859) 624-9910 



16 miles from center of Lexington .






Golf Tips: Lexington Golf Driving Ranges and Practice Facilities http://www.golflink.com/golf-driving-ranges/city.aspx?dest=Lexington+KY#ixzz2tJZlN5zC


 




Thanks for the info.

I found most of all of them but the problem is they dont open till 9am.I should have said this before . this is such a big event for the tour they do a shotgun starts one at 8am.
and the other at 1pm.

But normaly these would were when we have set tee times.
thanks tho i really appreciate the info.
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by owens251109 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post
 

Sorry, I can't help you with your question but I have a question of my own if you don't mind? Is this just a local tournament or is it some type of public event? I did a quick search and didn't find much about it so I'm just curious. The reason I ask is because I know they have a state-am qualifier there at the end of May that I may play in if I haven't qualified yet and would possibly be interested in attending this tournament as a warm-up to get familiar with the course. I live in the western part of the state, so I'm not real familiar with Lexington other than the college campus and downtown area.

 



I dont Mind at all.

Its for the Golf weekly AM Tour. Its the opening event for us. I play on the cincinnati tour since i live 5 minutes from there but they have this one for the all the tours close to there. If you sign up for the tour anyone can play in it. Its a 2 day tournament as well so you would get a good feel for it. Im going down that friday and playing the course. the tournament is april 4th and 5th.

 

Ahh I see, thanks for letting me know. I live so far from Cincinatti that it wouldn't make a lot of sense for me to sign up, but it does sound like a fun tour. I may just look at trying to have a weekend getaway up there to get a couple of rounds in. I just looked at the schedule though and that state-am qualifier is the day after another qualifier that I'm for sure going too so that would make for a long weekend if I try to make them both.

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
They have the tour for Kentucky and western Kentucky as well. Just look up golf weekly am tour.
Also good luck this year with the tournaments you play in.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by owens251109 View Post

They have the tour for Kentucky and western Kentucky as well. Just look up golf weekly am tour.
Also good luck this year with the tournaments you play in.

Just checked out the tours. Unfortunately I live in an area that really doesn't have much close. The Indiana/Western KY tour looks like mostly indiana and is several hours away. The Nashville tour is probably my best bet, though it's still about 2ish hours away. I will probably try to do a couple select events, but there's no way I could make the whole tour. Looks like a lot of fun though.

Thanks, good luck to you as well. I mainly just play local tournaments, but this year i'm going to try for the state-am and maybe some of these golfweekly tournaments. Do you play the entire tour?
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddog10 View Post



Just checked out the tours. Unfortunately I live in an area that really doesn't have much close. The Indiana/Western KY tour looks like mostly indiana and is several hours away. The Nashville tour is probably my best bet, though it's still about 2ish hours away. I will probably try to do a couple select events, but there's no way I could make the whole tour. Looks like a lot of fun though.



Thanks, good luck to you as well. I mainly just play local tournaments, but this year i'm going to try for the state-am and maybe some of these golfweekly tournaments. Do you play the entire tour?

 




I was only able to play one event last year. which was the opener. but everything was put on excellent.

will be playing alot more this year.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › Golf courses or Driving ranges In lexington, KY