or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)

TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA) - Page 14

Poll Results: What course should we hold this outing at?

Poll expired: Mar 16, 2014  
  • 14% (2)
    Red Hawk (Temecula)
  • 35% (5)
    Temecula Creek Inn (Temecula)
  • 50% (7)
    Black Gold (Yorba Linda)
  • 0% (0)
    Other (Please specify in post)
14 Total Votes  
post #235 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post

Hmmmmm…

The committee rules that none of Jeff's scores count. Sorry. Tristan slipped me a fiver.

I won't say what his scores were on the first three holes, let's just say it was a slow start a2_wink.gif
post #236 of 257
@Shindig making a birdie, net eagle



post #237 of 257
Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious a1_smile.gif
post #238 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious a1_smile.gif


Kudos to team @mvmac, but the ending of the streak was no fault of @tristanhilton85. Dude shot an 81 and didn't miss a single fairway that I can remember. Hard to see how you're not in the single digits with a game like that.

 

If I had played even poorly (let alone decently) we would have won going away. As I said on the 17th tee, there are no words for how I played today. Guess I gotta blame it on the baby!

 

Good seeing you all today - look forward to doing it again soon.

post #239 of 257
That was fantastic. I can't wait for the next one. I think we said Indio in August, right? a2_wink.gif

Thanks again to Tristan for organizing it!
post #240 of 257
Was fun today! Couldn't have asked for better weather (85, not much wind) and could have played a little better, but overall played ok. Only had 2 bogies today ... But somehow squeezed out 5 doubles. Wha?!?!?! Throw in one birdie and it's an 83.

Can't wait for the next one! (San Diego, not Indio. Right???) ;)
post #241 of 257

It was great being out there again with everybody. Too bad more couldn't make this one.

 

I think San Diego is the choice for the next one. Weather should be good. Mike mentioned Encinitas Ranch as a possibility. If anybody else has any suggestions let us know.

 

Also, for those that can deal with the heat, we were thinking about trying to put together something at one of the really nice course out in my direction. Not sure exactly where yet, but when the temps get up to 110 the prices can be pretty low. @Bechambo thinks that he might be able to pull something off, so once I got more info on this, I'll let you guys know.

post #242 of 257

My thanks to all.

Sorry I drug the team down to the cellar where I was--think I played to about a 30 handicap--knew it was going to be a bad day when I missed the 60-to-91 cutoff and was close to being late.

My pleasure meeting you all and, hopefully, will get another chance this fall.

Jeff

post #243 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Net double eagle bitches!

Not me, Jeff, the ringer @Golfingdad brought.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post

Tristan and Barrett's streak has ended. Team mvmac was victorious a1_smile.gif

 

Called it!  The ringer even played the part by hacking it around for the first few holes, just to throw everybody off.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampertwo View Post
 

My thanks to all.

Sorry I drug the team down to the cellar where I was--think I played to about a 30 handicap

 

That's golf!

post #244 of 257

Alright, @tristanhilton85 or @mvmac, one of you needs to start the new TST SoCal Summer 2014 Outing Thread so we can get the new ball rolling. Lets narrow it down to 2 or 3 courses in the San Diego area and post that poll. One that was already mentioned was Encinitas Ranch Golf Course. I would like to nominate Coronado Golf Course as a possibility; haven't played it myself, but it looks nice enough and I like the location.

post #245 of 257

Two or three pictures? That's it? C'mon guys! Where are the pictures of the winning team? MVP prize? :)

post #246 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bechambo View Post
 

Alright, @tristanhilton85 or @mvmac, one of you needs to start the new TST SoCal Summer 2014 Outing Thread so we can get the new ball rolling. Lets narrow it down to 2 or 3 courses in the San Diego area and post that poll. One that was already mentioned was Encinitas Ranch Golf Course. I would like to nominate Coronado Golf Course as a possibility; haven't played it myself, but it looks nice enough and I like the location.

I'll take care of making the thread (even though you could have done it yourself). I'm not sure Coronado would be an option.

post #247 of 257

Thanks to everyone for coming out, it was  a great day. And yes nice round Tristan, Black Gold isn't an easy course off the tee.

 

Drew was MVP in our group with a net 75

 

Few more pics I took today

 

Jeff's shot that won the closest to the hole on #10

 

 

@Shindig

 

 

@Golfingdad

post #248 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

Two or three pictures? That's it? C'mon guys! Where are the pictures of the winning team? MVP prize? :)

Yeah, I gotta get better about taking pictures at these things. Next time...

post #249 of 257

WOW sorry we missed it, Lihu cant miss the next one.

We only got to play Diamond Bar....:cry:

post #250 of 257
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker101 View Post
 

WOW sorry we missed it, Lihu cant miss the next one.

We only got to play Diamond Bar....:cry:


Yes sir, we are committed to it.

 

How was Diamond Bar?

post #251 of 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lihu View Post
 


Yes sir, we are committed to it.

 

How was Diamond Bar?

:offtopic:DB was fun a track I would play it again, cost was only $42 for Justin and myself with a cart at 3:00, we got all 18 in.

post #252 of 257

Had blast playing yesterday.  @Bechambo can blame me for his streak ending, I'm no expert but a net 85 I don't think is a good score.  I'm all in for a 120 degree desert round in the summer, you California boys don't know real heat. 

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SoCal Golfers
TheSandTrap.com › Groups › SoCal Golfers › Discussions › TST SoCal Spring 2014 Outing - May 4, 2014 @ Black Gold Golf Club (Yorba Linda, CA)