or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Who is @freedrop - Page 4

post #55 of 76
I just think we are dealing with a child or someone with child like maturity level. Oh well I will read the rest of the posts until he says something enough to be banned...
post #56 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

I just think we are dealing with a child or someone with child like maturity level. Oh well I will read the rest of the posts until he says something enough to be banned...

 

Didn't he say he was an older guy in one of his posts? I think he said something like, "Old guys like us". Oh well. 

post #57 of 76

He does not sound that immature, it's just that he's not used to be being on the wrong side of an argument. The main thing is his opposition to the 5SK learning system without understanding its benefits.

 

If he does a swing thread, he could prove or disprove anything much better than just arguing.

post #58 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


Golfers are rarely able to accurate describe what they actually do.

On the nose, I can't describe how I hit the ball that anyone would find useful.! b1_ohmy.gif
post #59 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingdad View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post

 
I guess that depends on your perspective. He's an internet troll (which, by definition, makes you an idiot). Then again, he's one of the more successful trolls I've seen in recent memory. Hell, on this thread alone he's managed to get a half dozen or so of our most respected posters riled up. Hopefully this thread is the flameout and he won't be heard from again.
You know what's funny ... I had a few more sentences written in that post, explaining why, and then I thought of that cliche about the definition of insanity; "doing something over and over and expecting different results."  Which led me to realize that we've had this conversation before with freedrop at least a couple of times.

So, in conclusion, and by definition, we are all insane.  And one could, if they want, call us idiots.  I wouldn't object.  I should have stopped a long time ago.d2_doh.gif

Something about Daniel Stern, a VCR, and cows comes to mind again.  Anyway ... I should get back to work. c2_beer.gif

Ahemm..cough..cough.. I would like to take a moment now to remind everyone that I don't respond to any of free drops blarney. I would think that should make me the opposite of an idiot? Maybe really smart guy??

Seriously I do appreciate our more trusted members for posting to debunk freedrops ideas. Like Erik said, someone unknowingly could be led down the wrong path.
post #60 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post


Ahemm..cough..cough.. I would like to take a moment now to remind everyone that I don't respond to any of free drops blarney. I would think that should make me the opposite of an idiot? Maybe really smart guy??

Absolutely.  I said "us" mostly to make myself feel better about being dragged down by him.  Probably should've just said "me." :beer:

post #61 of 76
Thread Starter 
Since you wont answer other questions answer these:
-How old are you?
- What is your handicap?
-Where do you live?
-What is your best handicap You ever had?
- Are you just a former previously banned user posing as someone else?
-Are you named Patrick and do you live in Austria?
post #62 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McGleno View Post

Since you wont answer other questions answer these:
-How old are you?
- What is your handicap?
-Where do you live?
-What is your best handicap You ever had?
- Are you just a former previously banned user posing as someone else?
-Are you named Patrick and do you live in Austria?

 

Can we create a Patrick Badge. Maybe have a Patrick Troll Hall of Fame 

post #63 of 76
I don't think he is Patrick. Maybe, but he seems different to me.
post #64 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedrop View Post
 

mvmac...really!....people are supposed to check in with someone called saevel125 before trusting  what Phil or Trevino or Tiger say they do.

 

You missed the point. You "learn" golf instruction from reading what pros think they do, smart people learn about golf by examining the facts and being open to learning new things.

post #65 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ledo81 View Post

I don't think he is Patrick. Maybe, but he seems different to me.

 I don't think so either. Different type of style, but Patrick towards the end was trolling just for the sake of disrupting so one cannot be sure.

post #66 of 76

Why are we still listening and responding to "freedrop"?

 

What I see is, advice is support by with facts, video, detail explanation etc.. in here.

 

Even for personal question such as "are you a pro" is answered, nothing to hide.

 

Augment is good, but only with reason, not by quoting something.

 

With "freedrop", there is no answer, augment with no support, never agree anything....

 

So why are we still listening?  Please just ignore ...

post #67 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taigolf View Post
 

Why are we still listening and responding to "freedrop"?

 

I suspect he's caught on to the general distaste for him and has taken his advice to Private Messages.

 

@freedrop you're very close to being banned outright. You mentioned in a thread just recently that a user should PM you for your advice. This circumvents the very nature of a public forum and is duplicitous at best.

 

I suspect you've done this already, and should I discover any such behavior, you'll be banned. I'm not going to go out of my way to seek this information, and I will not indicate who I think may have already been contacted, but this should serve as your final notice to stop if you've done so.

 

Banning you would likely be, as they say, "addition via subtraction."

 

This forum has made its requests of you very clear: provide more than just "this is what a pro says." We, as you've noticed, set the bar very high: you should be able to explain why you're giving advice. Reasons. Logic. Cause and effect.

 

If you cannot abide by the requests made above by many forum members, simply participate in non-instructional threads. This forum - and me in particular - are perfectly content to move on.

 

At the end of the day, this forum has one simple rule: act like an adult. Thus far, you've failed to meet that obligation. People have told you how you can, so the onus is now on you to meet that standard. We ban fewer members than any other active site I've ever seen. I believe many members can attest to just how long we put up with people before they're finally banned. Most would probably say "too long."

 

This is your final notice.

post #68 of 76
  • 128x128px-LS-4d766506_upton.jpeg
  • Joined: 2/2014, Posts: 208
  • Location: Canada
  •  
  • Righty.gif
  • Handicap Index: 27.1
 
 
 
I'm relatively new here, but I have posted a myswing and I enjoy reading and watching those swings of others...in general when I see something like the above (27.1!!!) I consider it a little bit of a red flag and I tend to skip the post, generally speaking.  Call it closed minded, but unless you have a physical impairment or are over the age of 85, if you can't come up with the instructional thoughts enough to crack 110 using your own golf swing, you probably shouldn't be trying to help others? I don't know, it seems like common sense...you wouldn't have someone with 3 DWI's teaching an AA class...
post #69 of 76
Quote:
  I tend to skip the post, generally speaking.

Just to clarify, I'm referring to posts in the MySwing forums only, not in all forums.

post #70 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPK1988 View Post
 
I'm relatively new here, but I have posted a myswing and I enjoy reading and watching those swings of others...in general when I see something like the above (27.1!!!) I consider it a little bit of a red flag and I tend to skip the post, generally speaking.  Call it closed minded, but unless you have a physical impairment or are over the age of 85, if you can't come up with the instructional thoughts enough to crack 110 using your own golf swing, you probably shouldn't be trying to help others? I don't know, it seems like common sense...you wouldn't have someone with 3 DWI's teaching an AA class...

 

To be fair I believe that was added by a moderator. This site asks that you put in a valid handicap index (http://thesandtrap.com/a/faq#user_handicap_index) so some moderators change it. I believe their reason for doing so is to promote the sort of behavior you just mentioned.

 

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong - I can see both sides of it, given the rule I linked to - but we only have four characters to express the handicap index so I haven't yet found a way to say "This user chooses not to share with us his level of proficiency at playing the game, despite the request made in the FAQ." If anyone has any suggestions… I'm all ears.

post #71 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

To be fair I believe that was added by a moderator. This site asks that you put in a valid handicap index (http://thesandtrap.com/a/faq#user_handicap_index) so some moderators change it. I believe their reason for doing so is to promote the sort of behavior you just mentioned.

 

I'm not sure if it's right or wrong - I can see both sides of it, given the rule I linked to - but we only have four characters to express the handicap index so I haven't yet found a way to say "This user chooses not to share with us his level of proficiency at playing the game, despite the request made in the FAQ." If anyone has any suggestions… I'm all ears.

You could just put "Golf" as their handicap.

post #72 of 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvmac View Post
 

 

You missed the point. You "learn" golf instruction from reading what pros think they do, smart people learn about golf by examining the facts and being open to learning new things.

What I find comical is @freedrop bases what is correct by what Tiger and Phil and other Pros say they do in magazine clips edited or interpreted by writers.  But Tiger and Phil and other Pros don't take advice on their swing from each other or from magazines tips.  They listen to qualified professional golf instructors.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips