or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Directed Force Putters
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Directed Force Putters - Page 3

post #37 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

Thanks for the information.  He is most likely going to, but right now it takes a lot of start up money to get everything going.  I will definitely post on other threads.  Thanks again.

No problem, I'm just a member here, no site affiliation beyond that. Just helping you out. Have fun, see you around the forums.

post #38 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Jones View Post
 

That has got to be the dumbest promotional video I've ever seen for a club. WTF? They hung it from a broken crutch to demonstrate how great a putter it is? That doesn't mean the putter's dumb though, just the video.

 

How does it workout for people who have trouble aiming mallets? Not trying to pile on, honest question. It was demonstrated to me very clearly that mallets do not fit my eye and I therefor struggle to aim them. Does this putter address this issue or is it only suitable for those who "see" mallet alignment properly? 


 Looks like a fairly common, center-shafted putter.  Doesn't appear much different than any other face-balanced, center-shafted putter out there, of which there are many.  I suspect they'd all work pretty much the same way in the "jig". 

post #39 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 


 Looks like a fairly common, center-shafted putter.  Doesn't appear much different than any other face-balanced, center-shafted putter out there, of which there are many.  I suspect they'd all work pretty much the same way in the "jig". 

No other face balanced putter would work like that in the jig.  I have personally tested every so called face balanced putter in my shop and they all spin and twist.  

post #40 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post

No other face balanced putter would work like that in the jig.  I have personally tested every so called face balanced putter in my shop and they all spin and twist.  

Have you tried any other center-shafted, face balanced putters? That center shaft appears to be the key to the jig demo.

I'm not taking a shot at the putter. Hell, it may be a great putter. I'm just not seeing anything earth shattering there.
post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post


Have you tried any other center-shafted, face balanced putters? That center shaft appears to be the key to the jig demo.

I'm not taking a shot at the putter. Hell, it may be a great putter. I'm just not seeing anything earth shattering there.


The only center shafted putter I have in my shop is the TaylorMade Spider Mallet CS.  This putter did the exact same thing as a traditional blade putter, twisted and moved. 

post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 


The only center shafted putter I have in my shop is the TaylorMade Spider Mallet CS.  This putter did the exact same thing as a traditional blade putter, twisted and moved. 


It's not a style of putter that I would normally like and I would have to actually try one to know if the "no spin in a jig" factor makes any difference in a real putting stroke.

 

I'm not saying I wouldn't use one or like to try one. Just that I would have to try it for myself before I shelled out any money.

 

P.S. After all I did live in Missouri for 18 years. ;-)

post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

No other face balanced putter would work like that in the jig.  I have personally tested every so called face balanced putter in my shop and they all spin and twist.  

 

You haven't tested these then: http://edelgolf.com/edel-eseries-putters .

 

Plus, what's it matter if the putter is torque balanced or not? Our drivers are not and we require them to be as accurate swinging them MUCH faster.

 

The truth is likely that "torque balancing" doesn't matter at all given the minimal forces that exist during the typical putting stroke.

post #44 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 


The only center shafted putter I have in my shop is the TaylorMade Spider Mallet CS.  This putter did the exact same thing as a traditional blade putter, twisted and moved. 

 

That's not a center-shafted putter.  A true center-shafted putter has the shaft attached to the head at exactly the center/balance point of the face.  There are many out there....and yours appears to be yet another. 

 

Again, I'm not picking on you, and nothing bad....just nothing terribly ground-breaking.

post #45 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
 

 

That's not a center-shafted putter.  A true center-shafted putter has the shaft attached to the head at exactly the center/balance point of the face.  There are many out there....and yours appears to be yet another. 

 

Again, I'm not picking on you, and nothing bad....just nothing terribly ground-breaking.

Ok, give me a putter brand and model and I will find one and test it.  I will even record the results for everyone to see.

post #46 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

Ok, give me a putter brand and model and I will find one and test it.  I will even record the results for everyone to see.

 

I already gave you one… along with making the point that a torque-balanced putter (or whatever this is called) is, for the purpose of putting, kind of pointless due to the incredibly minimal forces present in the putting stroke.

post #47 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

I already gave you one… along with making the point that a torque-balanced putter (or whatever this is called) is, for the purpose of putting, kind of pointless due to the incredibly minimal forces present in the putting stroke.

Sorry, didn't see that post.  Would be interesting to see them side by side.  Part of me wonders if this had the name Scotty Cameron or Bettinardi behind it if people would question it as much?  I understand people are skeptical, but I truly think when people experience it they will see it is nothing like any other products on the market.  I don't think I have heard him use the word torque balanced though.  All I know is that between the new grip that he got approved by the USGA and the putter head I have never rolled in more putts.  I have done fittings for +3 up to 25 handicap golfers and they can't believe how easy this putter gets the ball on line.  He is probably going to send one in for review, just busy at the Reno Tahoe this week.

post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

Sorry, didn't see that post.  Would be interesting to see them side by side.  Part of me wonders if this had the name Scotty Cameron or Bettinardi behind it if people would question it as much?

 

Fewer people would probably "question" it, but that doesn't mean that those "questioning" it are wrong, either.

 

Look, putting is a pretty simple act. The tools we use to putt are pretty simple too. Yet every year, five companies claim to "re-invent" putting. Odyssey last year or the year before with their black-and-white offerings claimed to finally have solved AIMING. You know, because after 150 years, they finally figured it out. Eh? Exactly.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

I understand people are skeptical, but I truly think when people experience it they will see it is nothing like any other products on the market.

 

I disagree. It's exactly like other products on the market: it's a flat piece attached to a stick. It does nothing new nor revolutionary. It's a putter. A good number of people won't be able to aim the things within the edges of the hole from six feet, and the torque balancing doesn't matter much given the minimal forces that exist in putting.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

I don't think I have heard him use the word torque balanced though.

 

That's the word I'm using because it's the same thing as the Edel "torque balanced" putters I linked to above.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

All I know is that between the new grip that he got approved by the USGA and the putter head I have never rolled in more putts. I have done fittings for +3 up to 25 handicap golfers and they can't believe how easy this putter gets the ball on line.

 

The putter doesn't magically know where the line is, though, and I'm standing by my assertion that most people will not be able to aim the putter inside the hole. This is based on fitting many, many golfers with the Edel fitting system, and seeing how well (or more often, poorly) golfers aim a variety of putters.

 

So, details please. What's new about the grip? It's a grip, after all…

post #49 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post
 

He is probably going to send one in for review, just busy at the Reno Tahoe this week.

 

members here would like that I bet and it would get good exposure

 

you're being a good advocate for your friend - a little more tech info and a little less marketing works better with this crowd - it's less "questioning" it and more about looking for the tech proof vs just you and your customers being excited about it.  It's ok to just note that you've had a lot of excitement about it and great personal results, but don't really know why it's working better (I noted earlier and it agrees with Erik that the content of the little bit of swing torque wouldn't be a groundbreaking input - and that seems to be the primary design goal of the thing....so what else is going on - what's the deal with the grip then?).  There's a few here that'll figure it out if it's there.

 

good luck

 

post above posted while I was writing mine - I shouldn't have bothered - beat me to it..

post #50 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post
 

 

Fewer people would probably "question" it, but that doesn't mean that those "questioning" it are wrong, either.

 

Look, putting is a pretty simple act. The tools we use to putt are pretty simple too. Yet every year, five companies claim to "re-invent" putting. Odyssey last year or the year before with their black-and-white offerings claimed to finally have solved AIMING. You know, because after 150 years, they finally figured it out. Eh? Exactly.

 

 

I disagree. It's exactly like other products on the market: it's a flat piece attached to a stick. It does nothing new nor revolutionary. It's a putter. A good number of people won't be able to aim the things within the edges of the hole from six feet, and the torque balancing doesn't matter much given the minimal forces that exist in putting.

 

 

That's the word I'm using because it's the same thing as the Edel "torque balanced" putters I linked to above.

 

 

The putter doesn't magically know where the line is, though, and I'm standing by my assertion that most people will not be able to aim the putter inside the hole. This is based on fitting many, many golfers with the Edel fitting system, and seeing how well (or more often, poorly) golfers aim a variety of putters.

 

So, details please. What's new about the grip? It's a grip, after all…

Seeing as your the person who runs the site I am not going to argue with you, but perhaps when you are given one to review you will change your mind.  Maybe you won't, but I think he is on to something with this technology and if it takes off then it will be a great success story for those who were in on it early.  If not, it is still a great putter.

post #51 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post

Seeing as your the person who runs the site I am not going to argue with you,

That shouldn't change anything. On this I'm just another golfer, albeit one with a bit more background than a typical golfer.

You like it. We get that. a1_smile.gif I feel I've raised some valid points that are not being addressed.
post #52 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by iacas View Post


That shouldn't change anything. On this I'm just another golfer, albeit one with a bit more background than a typical golfer.

You like it. We get that. a1_smile.gif I feel I've raised some valid points that are not being addressed.

If I had the ok from the owner I would, but I don't want to risk anything as far as the legal process goes.  Sorry, I know that sounds like a cop out, but it is not my putter, I have just been lucky enough to get one early and start selling them.  If you go to his facebook page you can see a lot more details about the grip and putter, but that is all I can tell you:  https://www.facebook.com/DirectedForcePutters

 

Like the site though and look forward to talking golf with people around the world.

post #53 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by golferrono View Post

If I had the ok from the owner I would, but I don't want to risk anything as far as the legal process goes.  Sorry, I know that sounds like a cop out, but it is not my putter, I have just been lucky enough to get one early and start selling them.  If you go to his facebook page you can see a lot more details about the grip and putter, but that is all I can tell you:  https://www.facebook.com/DirectedForcePutters

Like the site though and look forward to talking golf with people around the world.

Why don't you ask the owner to come on over and join the discussion?

Until i can hear/see something specific that tells me otherwise, it's just another putter. If there's more to it than that, I'd like to hear about it. If it really is special, I'd expect it to be patented....or at least I'd hope so! Assuming so, there's no need to be shy about explaining exactly how it differs from the other center-shafted, face-balanced putters that are out there.
post #54 of 66
If I ever switch to a swivel grip I'll have to check this putter out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Pro Shop › Clubs, Grips, Shafts, Fitting › Directed Force Putters