or Connect
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › TST Mid-Atlantic Outing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

TST Mid-Atlantic Outing - Page 3

post #37 of 122
The other place to play in the area is Pilgrims Oak Golf Club in Peach Bottom PA its 27 miles away from bulle rock west, almost a straight shot down route 1 from Philly. Really nice course and much better price.
post #38 of 122
I'll stay tuned to the thread to see where the meet up will be. There's a chance I could make it up to those areas further north, but I'll hope for something closer to DC. Bulle Rock and Pilgrims Oak are 2 hour drives from Northern VA, so that's more in gas money than I pay for my muni greens fees:)
post #39 of 122
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by davechen View Post
 

I'm interested in playing, although, honestly, with all kids activities on the weekends the odds of me actually making it aren't too great.  I normally play the munis in Montgomery County.  Falls Road the most, along with Redgate, Northwest Park, and Needwood.

 

Of the courses mentioned, Whiskey Creek is really nice.  Little Bennett and Worthington are very good too.  I played Westfield once, but it wasn't very memorable.

 

And I've played the Gold course at Congressional :)

 

Welcome, davechen!  I play at Redgate just about every weekend, and work Northwest and Needwood into the rotation every now and then.  Its been a while since I've played falls road.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post

I'll stay tuned to the thread to see where the meet up will be. There's a chance I could make it up to those areas further north, but I'll hope for something closer to DC. Bulle Rock and Pilgrims Oak are 2 hour drives from Northern VA, so that's more in gas money than I pay for my muni greens fees:)

 

Well why don't you cast a vote and then we can see where everyone stands?

 


 

We need to vote on 2 things, date (April 5/6 or May 10/11) and course.  So far Divot Dave has voted for Bulle Rock and April 5/6.  I'll second the April 5/6 and abstain from the course selection because I think it means more to everyone else and I just want to maximize participation.

 

If you're absolutely not willing to travel to a particular course or on a particular date, it would be helpful to mention that.

 

where's @bjwestner in all this?

post #40 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

 

Well why don't you cast a vote and then we can see where everyone stands?

 


 

We need to vote on 2 things, date (April 5/6 or May 10/11) and course.  So far Divot Dave has voted for Bulle Rock and April 5/6.  I'll second the April 5/6 and abstain from the course selection because I think it means more to everyone else and I just want to maximize participation.

 

If you're absolutely not willing to travel to a particular course or on a particular date, it would be helpful to mention that.

 

I'll vote April 5/6. Sunday, May 11 is Mothers Day. Gonna stay away from that one :)

 

I'll drive up to an hour away, which would eliminate the courses north of Baltimore.  I can probably be flexible that weekednd, but if we're voting on a final venue, I'm more likely to be able to swing it the further south of Baltimore it is. 

post #41 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallT View Post
 

 

I'll vote April 5/6. Sunday, May 11 is Mothers Day. Gonna stay away from that one :)

 

I'll drive up to an hour away, which would eliminate the courses north of Baltimore.  I can probably be flexible that weekednd, but if we're voting on a final venue, I'm more likely to be able to swing it the further south of Baltimore it is. 

 

I don't know how we missed Mother's day.  Well that's three votes for April 5/6, and nobody has objected to it, so I think that's settled.

 

I think we're up to 6 locals now, and I'm holding out hope that Bjwestner will join us.  He's in montgomery county and we've been trying to get a game together for a while now.

post #42 of 122
Looks like our opening day event at the club is April 5th so I could do the 6th. And I'm open to anywhere. I'll lead it to others to pick a place.
post #43 of 122

New player here.  I live in Charlottesville Va, and wouldn't mind getting together for a round somewhere.  I can drive up to DC or even Maryland (Uncle lives there, he may join).  My schedule is all over the place though so just let me know when and where it will be and hopefully I would be able to make it!  If anyone near central Va wants to play, or knows of good courses, let me know!

post #44 of 122
Thread Starter 

Alright well it looks like we've got a date--Sunday April 6.  

 

We probably want a final count by March 16 so we have time to make the group reservation before the typical 2-week advance opens to the general public.  So far the voting is as follows:

 

Bulle Rock - 1 vote.

 

 

So come one @davechen , @Derrick James , @jsgolfer , @RandallT , @kregan give us your votes!

post #45 of 122

I'll have to miss this one, I'll be in Myrtle Beach for an annual weekend golf tourney with friends that weekend

post #46 of 122
Bulle Rock is more than I want to pay right now, have too many golf trips already lined up. I suggest The Timbers at Troy.
post #47 of 122

Can I play? Please please please!!!!

 

But yeah Pilgrim's Oak is a great public course. I live in Lancaster so Pilgrim's Oak is about 25 mins south of me. Would be a great time. Snow is just about all gone here. Just a little damp still.

post #48 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post

Alright well it looks like we've got a date--Sunday April 6.  

We probably want a final count by March 16 so we have time to make the group reservation before the typical 2-week advance opens to the general public.  So far the voting is as follows:

Bulle Rock - 1 vote.


So come one @davechen
 , @Derrick James
 , @jsgolfer
 , @RandallT
 , @kregan
 give us your votes!

Oh, would love to play but I'll be in NYC that weekend.

Have fun, everyone!
post #49 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by atb5079 View Post
 

Can I play? Please please please!!!!

 

But yeah Pilgrim's Oak is a great public course. I live in Lancaster so Pilgrim's Oak is about 25 mins south of me. Would be a great time. Snow is just about all gone here. Just a little damp still.

 

I don't know about you, but I just got hit with another 8 inches.

 

I think Pilgrim's Oak is too far for the people in VA.  Bulle Rock is closer but still too far for some.

 

Timbers at Troy doesn't seem like a bad spot.  

post #50 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post
 

 

I don't know about you, but I just got hit with another 8 inches.

 

I think Pilgrim's Oak is too far for the people in VA.  Bulle Rock is closer but still too far for some.

 

Timbers at Troy doesn't seem like a bad spot.  

 

 
timbers at troy sounds good to me too... I'll change my vote if it means getting others on board .
post #51 of 122
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by divot dave View Post

 
timbers at troy sounds good to me too... I'll change my vote if it means getting others on board .


Thanks for the compromise, Dave. I know it's a long haul for you and appreciate your efforts to make it work.

That's three votes for timbers at Troy, let's call it done.

Timbers at Troy, April 6, 2014.

Everyone please let us know whether you are in and I'll set up the tee time. I'd like to do that Thursday. Include what time works for you (early morning (8 to 9), late morning (10 to 11), or early afternoon (1 to 2).

Im in, and I vote for early morning, but can make it with anytime.
post #52 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc123 View Post


Thanks for the compromise, Dave. I know it's a long haul for you and appreciate your efforts to make it work.

That's three votes for timbers at Troy, let's call it done.

Timbers at Troy, April 6, 2014.

Everyone please let us know whether you are in and I'll set up the tee time. I'd like to do that Thursday. Include what time works for you (early morning (8 to 9), late morning (10 to 11), or early afternoon (1 to 2).

Im in, and I vote for early morning, but can make it with anytime.

 

I'm good with early or late morning

post #53 of 122
Whenever is fine with me
post #54 of 122
I'm in. 9 or 10 work best for me, as I have a commitment at 6:30 in Virginia.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Golf Talk
TheSandTrap.com › Golf Forum › The Clubhouse › Golf Talk › TST Mid-Atlantic Outing