or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hybrid Reviews

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 

Im looking for a 21/22 degree hybrid and I like the looks of the Ping i25 just curious if anyone has hit this hybrid?  Im also looking at the Nike 2.0, the Titleist 913 H and Callaway X 2Hot. Any feedback on these or any other suggestions would be great.

 

Thanks 

Jake

post #2 of 32
Have you tried out any of the Adam's line? I tried a couple recently and like them. They feel more like an iron to me than other hybrids do which I like.
post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 
I have and I honestly can't stand that slot or whatever it is on the top. One of my buddies has one and I just can't stand looking at it.
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I have and I honestly can't stand that slot or whatever it is on the top. One of my buddies has one and I just can't stand looking at it.

 

If you want to try out the Ping i25, try to find a place that still sells or has the Ping i20's. Much better club, with a better shaft in it. You can probably find them on sale. 

post #5 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by saevel25 View Post
 

 

If you want to try out the Ping i25, try to find a place that still sells or has the Ping i20's. Much better club, with a better shaft in it. You can probably find them on sale.

Good point, I would go with the i20 as well.  You can get them for much less anyway.

post #6 of 32
Thread Starter 
I don't care about the $$$ I got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas. Ill try the i20 I'm not crazy about how it looks but I haven't seen that one in person. I had an RBZ that I sold but that's more because I had 2 club's with the same loft.
post #7 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

I don't care about the $$$ I got a bunch of gift cards for Christmas. Ill try the i20 I'm not crazy about how it looks but I haven't seen that one in person. I had an RBZ that I sold but that's more because I had 2 club's with the same loft.

 

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?!

 

i20's are the best looking wood and hybrids EVER!!! 

 

Ok a little over dramatic, but how can you say you don't like how they look with out seeing them in person. :-D 

post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Sorry I just looked it up. I was thinking of the G20 not the I. The i20 does look good. Why do you think the shaft is bad in the i25?
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakester23 View Post

Sorry I just looked it up. I was thinking of the G20 not the I. The i20 does look good. Why do you think the shaft is bad in the i25?

 

Because the i25 golf shafts feel horrible. The i-series is suppose to be for better players. The shafts are not nearly stout enough for anybody with significant club head speed. Just my personal preference on that one. 

post #10 of 32
Thread Starter 
Well I don't know what is significantly high club head speed but I doubt I have it.
post #11 of 32

I really like the X Hot hybrids from last year, stupid easy to hit. X2 Hot is good as well.

post #12 of 32

I just picked up the Nickent F26 3H. I really like it so far. Hit it with a TMAG, Callaway, adams and a cobra and it was the best for me. Has an adjustable lie/loft. Nice sound with impact, shaft feels sturdy, and distance is good with my swing (215 with this one). Id recommend trying it out.

post #13 of 32
Thread Starter 
I'm definitely going to be giving the x hot a try. I have the x hot pro 3 wood and I absolutely love it. Last year I struggled with my 3&4 irons so I'm looking for a hybrid.
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 

So I was looking at the i25 online and I was wondering how much difference there is between their 80g shaft and the 90g? Is that even enough to make a difference? The torque is 3.1(80 vs 2.8(90) Im not knowledgeable on shaft enough to know if that really matters.

post #15 of 32

I've got two Cleveland Launcher hybrids, about 3 yrs old.   Best clubs in my bag.  The 23* works from 160-175 and the 18* add 10-15 yrds.  Easy to hit, consistent and highly recommended.

post #16 of 32
Thread Starter 
I ended up getting the X2 Hot 22 degree. I found pretty quickly that I don't like the smaller headed hybrids. I was having trouble choosing between the X 2 Hot and the Corvet 2.0. I ended up choosing the Callaway because it was a bit longer and felt better on off center hits.
post #17 of 32
Good choice. You will have the x utility for getting off the tee on tight holes and the x2 hot for easier use from various lies. I like it. I have a 22 degree myself as well.
post #18 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher View Post

Good choice. You will have the x utility for getting off the tee on tight holes and the x2 hot for easier use from various lies. I like it. I have a 22 degree myself as well.

 

I love them off the tee. When I need a go too shot from the tee, break out the hybrid. I honestly can't remember ever mishitting the hybrid off the tee.

 

I think I am going with the new Titleist though. I'm trying to find a good low degree hybrid to replace my 3-wood. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Instruction and Playing Tips